PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rereading the Pittsburgh postgame thread from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Brady turtled. Brady is mentally shot. Houston would destroy us. Team is broken and can’t be fixed this year. Along with the usual “Josh is an idiot - fire him” and “We need a real GM”.

In retrospect, the Pittsburgh game was the start of the turnaround. It was the game they started to get off the field on big 3rd downs.

I think a lot of us have owned up to the events of that thread already, probably just under 5 months ago.

Love that the Steelers got their inevitable blue moon home win against us and missed the playoffs anyway. Lol.

Love that the Steelers got their inevitable blue moon home win against us and missed the playoffs anyway. Lol.
They were so excited that the fans were talking about home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Then they lost to the Saints in the next game, and the season was basically done. It was a viscous turn of events in one week.

What constitutes as many? How many exactly? and how many members on this board at the time? Was it truly many? Or just a select few, the same few members of this forum.

What constitutes as many? How many exactly? and how many members on this board at the time? Was it truly many? Or just a select few, the same few members of this forum.
I only had some selected e-mails, not the whole thread to look at. The usual suspects were there, and several others as well. The point was not to embarrass people, but to note that, looking back, the Pats took some positives out of that game and built on them after that. Our pass defense was excellent after that game.

Whenever I want a good laugh, I go back and read posts from all those people who wanted to keep Garoppolo.

Whenever I want a good laugh, I go back and read posts from all those people who wanted to keep Garoppolo.
There was a vocal contingent that wanted to keep Cassel over Brady, for that matter.

I've long since decided that discretion is the better part of valor when it comes to the game day threads.

Shocking that the king of trash talking Belichick's personnel choices isn't exactly keen on having their past words used against them.

They were so excited that the fans were talking about home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Then they lost to the Saints in the next game, and the season was basically done. It was a viscous turn of events in one week.
it certainly put the steelers in a sticky situation.

Steelers beat brady once every 7 years, time was up for the token win. Lets see them do it in foxboro where any game in the next 3 seasons would be.

Josh Gordons last game.

His Cleveland drug dealer heard that his best customer was staying near the Ohio state line in Pittsburgh.

There was a vocal contingent that wanted to keep Cassel over Brady, for that matter.

Yes, and some of us also chose Bledsoe over Brady. No loss. We all won in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes