PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rereading the Pittsburgh postgame thread from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes the other team wins ... some have angst with that.
Losses during the season are not all bad - they can be useful.
If your too amgry at losses ...
unhealthy even...consider knitting for stress relief.

Let’s be honest though. SB 53 was the least expected Pats SB win since SB36...very few people on this board thought the Pats were going anywhere after the Pittsburgh loss. All the Pats needed was the bye week to get on track as well as a little help from Max Kellerman...

Let’s be honest though. SB 53 was the least expected Pats SB win since SB36...very few people on this board thought the Pats were going anywhere after the Pittsburgh loss. All the Pats needed was the bye week to get on track as well as a little help from Max Kellerman...

I'd say that before the playoffs began, I was very skeptical of the Patriots ability to advance. After the Chargers wins, I had gained some confidence but was apprehensive. Against the Rams, I thought they would win.

emotional response is most often not entirely with thought - Confucius, after Mike Tyson bit off parts of Evander Holyfields ears.

I'd say that before the playoffs began, I was very skeptical of the Patriots ability to advance. After the Chargers wins, I had gained some confidence but was apprehensive. Against the Rams, I thought they would win.

I knew they were going to be damn tough to stop after the San Diego game. Kudos to @signbabybrady and others who were confident in the team even after the Miami and Pittsburgh debacles.

I support your pacifism and passive aggressiveness.
I’m usually more aggressive aggressive but you’re right, the snarky passive aggressive part of me did post today.

I just see threads like this as a mousetrap. Why even bother unless you’re trying to catch a mouse, i.e. dumb argument?

I’m usually more aggressive aggressive but you’re right, the snarky passive aggressive part of me did post today.

I just see threads like this as a mousetrap. Why even bother unless you’re trying to catch a mouse, i.e. dumb argument?

unpredictability is an exciting trait to have......one day, you're a hammer and everything is a nail, the next, you're a live wire just waiting for someone to touch you

Sounds like maybe you need to stay out of the gameday chatroom. After all, I think a gameday chatroom is actually the EXACT place for people to express raw, instant (or 'kneejerk') reactions.

No reasonable person has a problem with kneejerk/emotional reactions in the GDT.

What I, and I suspect others have a problem with is the 4-5 accounts who only show up to post either when the game is going poorly so they can post dozens of sports radio caller tier shit takes ripping apart the nearly the entire organization or right after we've won the Super Bowl to post a bunch of 'We did it!' stuff.

No reasonable person has a problem with kneejerk/emotional reactions in the GDT.

What I, and I suspect others have a problem with is the 4-5 accounts who only show up to post either when the game is going poorly so they can post dozens of sports radio caller tier **** takes ripping apart the nearly the entire organization or right after we've won the Super Bowl to post a bunch of 'We did it!' stuff.
You can usually count on a good “this team sucks” post from @DefenseRules about 2 minutes or less into the game.

I just never see doom and gloom from a bad loss unless it is accompanied by injuries. A few suck games to me are more apt to cause me some despair. The on any given day theory.

By the same token do fans get overjoyed by huge wins ... the other side of the coin ... do they really mean what the score says?

At the end of the day I like to just enjoy the team ... being bitter and angry is useless.
I mostly avoid posting in the GDT.

Last edited:
I’m not going to lie after that game I thought we were one and done in the playoffs. I thought the roster was old and slow and Brady didn’t have the weapons. Shows what I know.

I have no idea what I said last season but my thoughts were similar. "Not a SB team this year" "I'll just enjoy the rest of the season and a playoff game without the pressure of competing in the SB"

What I, and I suspect others have a problem with is the 4-5 accounts who only show up to post either when the game is going poorly so they can post dozens of sports radio caller tier **** takes ripping apart the nearly the entire organization or right after we've won the Super Bowl to post a bunch of 'We did it!' stuff.

this type of thread validates them

I considered SB53 a "help get even" Super Bowl. There are several seasons where the Patriots were the best team in the league but didn't win the Super Bowl. Instead they would lose to a team that got hot at the right time. This past season, I don't consider the Patriots as having been the best in the league but this time, we were the ones who got hot at the right time.

I have no idea what I said last season but my thoughts were similar. "Not a SB team this year" "I'll just enjoy the rest of the season and a playoff game without the pressure of competing in the SB"

I certainly understand why people were down on them, but when you know they are going to make the playoffs then I always feel like there’s a chance. Anytime it’s one game with the season on the line my money is on Belichick and Brady.

I just think it’s interesting that if Brady had thrown an INT that skipped off Gronk’s fingertips in KC, the perspective is that Brady is done, showed age, etc. I know Brady sensed that whistle was coming (though a deep pass for a free play seemed the better option in that case), but the point being a few plays, and often a few inches, leads us to see teams in entirely different ways. Had they lost that KC game, we’re talking about a total rebuild and meltdown. Hey, I’m guilty of it too. Winning/losing is binary, even if understanding a roster is very complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes