PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rereading the Pittsburgh postgame thread from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were you expecting when you read it?

Kindness, caring, thoughtful contemplation on a shared experience, and love.

And it was nothing like that at all.

Sounds like maybe you need to stay out of the gameday chatroom. After all, I think a gameday chatroom is actually the EXACT place for people to express raw, instant (or 'kneejerk') reactions.
Oh yeah? Trying to hide how foolish you look? is that the goal of kneejerking in the gameday chat room?

Nothing wrong with expressing raw, instant reactions. It's the "the season is over", "same old patriots", etc, etc after a negative play. Just piss off with that nonsense. Keep it in the gameday thread.

Prior to this year, they hadn't won the SB without at least a 12 win season since the first one, which I think we would all agree had the special circumstances to sort of make that 11 win season a bit loose with a 12 win requirement. So there was at least some reason for people to think that way.
Glad the Pats didn’t quit after the 5th loss, seeing there is a 12 win requirement.

Ummm....go back to 2001. This is normal operating procedure around here.

Yes, and some of us also chose Bledsoe over Brady. No loss. We all won in the end.

"Some" being the operative word. That was pre-PatsFans and I only knew of a select few of my friends that would've chosen Bledsoe over Brady at that point.

that was the last game chris hogan had separation :p

"Some" being the operative word. That was pre-PatsFans and I only knew of a select few of my friends that would've chosen Bledsoe over Brady at that point.
Actually PatsFans was around at that time. Mostly I remember the one guy I can't remember his PatsFan name would go for on an on about Charlie Weis.

Actually PatsFans was around at that time. Mostly I remember the one guy I can't remember his PatsFan name would go for on an on about Charlie Weis.
I stand corrected and didn't realize it actually was around. I didn't find it until a few laters then. I can only imagine the commentary on here about Brady during that season. It would be pure comedy gold.

NEM

I stay out of the GDT because I hate the negativity but I admit that after the Pitt game I texted Patjew Sr. something like "this team has no smarts and no heart and will be one and done in the playoffs."

I have saved that text for posterity.

I'm glad I was wrong and I'm very glad to have learned a lesson about having faith and confidence. I'm an optimistic and (ridiculously) resilient person by nature but I gave up on this team too early and I will not let that happen again.

Oh yeah? Trying to hide how foolish you look? is that the goal of kneejerking in the gameday chat room?

Nothing wrong with expressing raw, instant reactions. It's the "the season is over", "same old patriots", etc, etc after a negative play. Just piss off with that nonsense. Keep it in the gameday thread.

I’m sure those who do it are doing it to celebrate or commiserate with fellow passionate fans. It’s relating to people that care as much as you do.

I’m sure there are many like me that have a wife that doesn’t understand the disappointment of a tough loss and will play the ‘it’s just a game’ card. I know I can come to this board however and know that there are people that feel the way I do. This board can be group therapy when things aren’t going well.

I very infrequently do the game day thread, but I get why people do it.

I stay out of the GDT because I hate the negativity but I admit that after the Pitt game I texted Patjew Sr. something like "this team has no smarts and no heart and will be one and done in the playoffs."

I'm glad I was wrong and I'm very glad to have learned a lesson about having faith and confidence. I'm an optimistic and (ridiculously) resilient person by nature but I gave up on this team too early and I will not let that happen again.
It's all gravy at this point. Just trying to enjoy the moment while Brady still slings the pigskin for us.

The Pats always lose when I don't watch at home. I'm in Cabo until tomorrow. The winning will resume next Sunday.
uh2ixjq.gif

5-0 the rest of the way.

Yes you will.

You have TB12 and BB. It's completely maddening that anyone give up on them as long as there's still time left on the clock. This is what they do! You can't quantify this, yet people seem to do it over and over just like all the draft guru's and teams when it came to drafting Tom Brady. Mind boggling after 19 years that this **** is still going on.

So if after all that you gave up on the team. You're going to give up on them again. Book it!

Optimism on the 2018 team heading to the postseason was behind 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. 2013 was perhaps the only less optimistic fan view of the team’s postseason chances due to that pieced together offense.

The 2018 “got hot” and found their groove/identity at just the right time. It’s always annoying when the Pats get knocked out by a lesser team that’s playing above themselves (and also very healthy.). This year the Pats finally got to play the underdog card with a healthy roster that finally jelled. Yes, their offensive line was great and their defense was capable of greatness with that secondary, but this was not one of their better teams. The point differential and road woes showed a lot of flaws. I’m actually quite glad they finally won a Super Bowl where they didn’t need to lead the marathon the entire length. It was justly owed to them that for once they could have a very imperfect season and still be the last team standing.

I broke up with my girlfriend that morning and the Pats proceeded to take a steaming dump on my low morale that night.

While the defense was pretty good I thought we were toast after that game, especially if we didn’t get the first round bye. I don’t think there are many out there who saw the offense turning it on in the playoffs like they did (at least for the first two rounds).

They flipped a switch around Xmas time and never looked back. I don’t think many of us could have predicted such a drastic turnaround, particularly with Gordon leaving after the Pittsburgh game, which would also go on to become the last time they lost.

I believe I was in the “they’ll definitely win a playoff game, but going to the AFC title game and losing is probably their ceiling” crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down