PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports are the Pats may upgrade the WRs through trade (not necessarily Hopkins)

Parker may be the most talented WR we've had the past 30 years outside of Randy Moss. He's similar to a Tee Higgins, and had several amazing games for us in spite of it being his first year and with all this team's offensive issues. His injury history is the biggest concern, but that's true with many receivers. He's gonna be a force in 2023.

Meyers is Mr. Reliable, gets open and great hands. No matter how many "more talented" guys you load up with, he's gonna get 75+ catches.

Thornton showed flashes of being special, but overall a very disappointing season. Need to develop that guy into the threat that he is, which I think will happen this year.

Bourne is plenty adequate as a 3/4 option.

Agholor will be gone, too many drops and fumbles. Need a good quality replacement, a better version of NA, whether that be via trade or draft. We just got Parker via a reasonable trade so that's very possible.

Edelman is the best slot receiver of all time. Yes, and Amendola was incredibly clutch. And he had great longevity. That being said, Jakobi Meyers is more productive than Amendola. As for Hogan, he really doesn't belong anywhere near this conversation.
And jakobi is improving every year and was really hurt a bit this year and missed 3 games.

So with Patricia, Mac regressing, missing 3 games , he still is the top wr and has 6 TDs , 3 more than JuJu who was catching passes from mahomes.

We underrate him tremendously. His play will improve significantly if we get a Wr1 . But let's not lose him because we need a WR1. If we get a Gronk / Moss clone from draft or FA , Meyers would be our Edelman /welker. Note Meyers has better stats than Edelman at this point of time .

May not be a wise move to let him go considering the chemistry he has built with Mac. He is definitely worth 10-11 on any team . Overpaying couple of million should be fine.

Parker may be the most talented WR we've had the past 30 years outside of Randy Moss. He's similar to a Tee Higgins, and had several amazing games for us in spite of it being his first year and with all this team's offensive issues. His injury history is the biggest concern, but that's true with many receivers. He's gonna be a force in 2023.

Meyers is Mr. Reliable, gets open and great hands. No matter how many "more talented" guys you load up with, he's gonna get 75+ catches.

Thornton showed flashes of being special, but overall a very disappointing season. Need to develop that guy into the threat that he is, which I think will happen this year.

Bourne is plenty adequate as a 3/4 option.

Agholor will be gone, too many drops and fumbles. Need a good quality replacement, a better version of NA, whether that be via trade or draft. We just got Parker via a reasonable trade so that's very possible.
Unless Thornton has a big offseason improving, ew still don't have the guy teams design offenses against. I would not mind taking a shot in the first round, but I would not expect an instant impact WR from the 3 top guys. Not going to happen.

We can grab tackles in the 2nd thru 5th.

Keenan allen? He couldn’t even get drafted ahead of Aaron Dobson
What the heck does that mean?? :rolleyes: He's still in the league you cant make these things up.

And jakobi is improving every year and was really hurt a bit this year and missed 3 games.

So with Patricia, Mac regressing, missing 3 games , he still is the top wr and has 6 TDs , 3 more than JuJu who was catching passes from mahomes.

We underrate him tremendously. His play will improve significantly if we get a Wr1 . But let's not lose him because we need a WR1. If we get a Gronk / Moss clone from draft or FA , Meyers would be our Edelman /welker. Note Meyers has better stats than Edelman at this point of time .

May not be a wise move to let him go considering the chemistry he has built with Mac. He is definitely worth 10-11 on any team . Overpaying couple of million should be fine.
Meyers is not in Juju class and right now is probably at his ceiling.

Meyers is not in Juju class and right now is probably at his ceiling.
Don't know how you say this when he hasn't been in a functioning offense; his QBs from Cam to young Mac have been bottom of the league; when he's not opposite a true #1. Jakobi could catch 100 like Godwin does in a slightly better situation. Jakobi on Minnesota does what Thielen did opposite Diggs in his 5th and 6th seasons.

Guys, you can't blame MP for all of the offensive woes - and see clear correlation for Mac's bad regression - and then say that our WR's aren't good enough.
Returning to a good system and scheme, these 4 WR's are certainly at the Hogan/Amendola/LaFell/Mitchell/Cooks level.
The one thing they don't have is an Edelman. Meyers is close, but not the smaller/lightning slot guy that we've always counted on.
If we can get someone to do that, we're set. Providing BOB can get these 2 TE's to live up to potential.
Don't forget the James White role and how critical that was to keeping drives alive. That was a big problem last year.

Last edited:
That's a BS list Juju - Chark - Slayton and Lazard are all better. KC's Mecole Hardman is a Darkhorse.
Chris Conley is pissed that the Texans fired two HCs in two years. Just sayin (although I would have rather had him 3 years ago)

That's a BS list Juju - Chark - Slayton and Lazard are all better. KC's Mecole Hardman is a Darkhorse.
Disagree. I’d take Meyers over all of those guys. More consistent/reliable, no matter who the QB is. His blocking abilities are notable as well. Juju would be second on my list.

Don't know how you say this when he hasn't been in a functioning offense; his QBs from Cam to young Mac have been bottom of the league; when he's not opposite a true #1. Jakobi could catch 100 like Godwin does in a slightly better situation. Jakobi on Minnesota does what Thielen did opposite Diggs in his 5th and 6th seasons.
Well he was a sad #1 here and it shows we were bottom of the barrel Offense. I think Meyers does well on another Team I won't be sad if he moves on.

Well he was a sad #1 here and it shows we were bottom of the barrel Offense. I think Meyers does well on another Team I won't be sad if he moves on.
You're not going to replace them though.

The guys you mentioned have been with HOF QBs in high powered offenses, so what's their excuse? Ju-Ju? Hardman? I mean Chark is pretty awful.

You're sneering at Jakobi's production when it's harder to produce when the offense stinks, your QB is Cam, and there's no one on the team occupying the Ds attention.

Disagree. I’d take Meyers over all of those guys. More consistent/reliable, no matter who the QB is. His blocking abilities are notable as well. Juju would be second on my list.
Chark is a very good player who came on strong at the end after an injury I like his upside for his next Team. Slayton is basically Meyers on the Giants just as consistent his one off year is when they realize Joe Judge have no business being a NFL HC. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
JUJU is not a #1 WR. Without Kelce he would struggle like he did in Pitt when AB left.

Hardman was supposed to replace Hill and that did not happen.

All the 2023 UFA WRs are the same as the guys already here. A whole bunch of Bournes, Agahlaors and Meyers.

JUJU is not a #1 WR. Without Kelce he would struggle like he did in Pitt when AB left.

All the 2023 UFA WRs are the same as the guys already here. A whole bunch of Bournes, Agahlaors and Meyers.
Some Patriots fans thinks Meyers is worth $15Mill :rofl: but knowing BB WR evaluation I'd puke if he gives him that.:rolleyes: Thank goodness Bob is in the fold.

You make a very good point If Meyers is the Top of the 2023 FA WR class a guy who never topped 1000yds in a single season buyer beware.

I like Parker but I'd really take Terry Glenn, Troy Brown, Wes Welker, Deion Branch, and Julian Edelman over him if I had to choose.

I love Meyers, but I don't want to give him top-of-the-market $$$$ just because he is the best AVAILABLE WR. If Meyers wants "WR2" money...sign me up. I mean we should only pay him half of what Adams/Hill/Kupp make....which is about 14/15M a year. If someone else wants to overbid...let them....

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back