PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Some Patriots are feeling under the weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a time when a thread that has clearly gone political would have been closed or moved to the Pub or Practice Squad forums - hint.

And its the same wankers who are doing it. Every time!

? They can prevent it, no magic necessary. Just minimal common sense, which is lacking these days for sure.

For starters, not rushing to play a game monday when a team has had an outbreak, just spitballing here
That wouldn’t have prevented the “outbreak”. But the “outbreak” was one positive. How do you suppose they prevent that.
Yes they could cancel all the games when one player test positive. Then the season is over. If you are advocating ending the season then yes everyone vote home and no one gets covid during the season that doesn’t exist.
otherwise there will continue to be cases and they either have to play at the lowest risk they can maneuver or cancel the season. There is no prevention.

That wouldn’t have prevented the “outbreak”. But the “outbreak” was one positive. How do you suppose they prevent that.
Yes they could cancel all the games when one player test positive. Then the season is over. If you are advocating ending the season then yes everyone vote home and no one gets covid during the season that doesn’t exist.
otherwise there will continue to be cases and they either have to play at the lowest risk they can maneuver or cancel the season. There is no prevention.
Canceling the season would be prevention.

Last summer I pretty much lost interest in football and did not follow every scrub UDFA daily as I had done for decades, but my interest returned somewhat in September. I would like to see the season played even though I'll always regard it as an asterisk season. However I see it as increasingly unlikely as it is not practical to take the completely restrictive measures that would almost completely shut down virus transmission. Virus gonna virus.

wouldn't?

As you can read, I used: "Can". As in, things that the league is able to do (that's a whole other conjugation and meaning, as you should know)

And thats all in responte to your question " Why would you think the league is magic and can prevent it? "

Of course, in your made up hypotheticals of your head, everything you want is possible. Even trying to go on tangent about the use of outbreak and ignoring the message.

Canceling the season would be prevention.
Well it would prevent culpability but players and team employees would still catch covid.
I think the point all along though was that the idea is to not cancel the season.

There was a time when a thread that has clearly gone political would have been closed or moved to the Pub or Practice Squad forums - hint.
LOL, you mean like yesterday and the day before that? But you're right, it's been a little more frequent over the last few days :cool:

Last edited:
Since there hasn't been any follow-up news on this about the players, I'll close this thread and obviously if any additional news comes out, I'm sure we'll discuss it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back