PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Ravens want the world to know they’re through with Flacco

Flacco hasn't been more than an average QB for several seasons. You really think Flacco at this point is an upgrade from Tannehill?

Flacco was never a very good QB. He has a great arm, but that is about it. He got paid because in several playoff series he played out of his head, but even in those seasons he was not the greatest of QB in the regular season and got into the playoffs due to the Ravens' stellar defense.

I see Flacco at his best as a modern day Bledsoe circa the 1990s. And the league isn't built for Bledsoes anymore. It can make him play awesome in some games, even playoff games, but he will never be consistently an above average QB.

And unless you have a good o-line and at least one WR who can go deep, he is useless to you.

Pretty spot on. His passer rating and the offensive production had been really consistent (not good, a little below average) throughout his career. But suddenly with the departure of these great defenders the “clutch” 13-10 wins turned into 24-13 losses.

He’s also a great example of why arm strength can be so misleading. Everyone says he has the strongest arm in the NFL, but he Brady is 10x better at throwing lasers 15-20 yards down the field into tiny windows. So Flacco can throw it five more yards on a home run throw that occurs maybe once a season? Who cares.

You could see the gears spinning in Harbawl's mind.

With a quarter to go, IIRC LJ had -3 yards IIRC in net passing.

Yet Harbawl knew if he put in Flaccid then he'd be stuck with him another seasons or maybe more.

I think he preferred to lose the game, rather than go another season with Flaccid so he left LJ in.

It's kind of poetic justice that LJ got a few lucky bombs to be caught, then when it really mattered, he fumbled.

The Ratbirds suck. I'm glad their season is over and they have this messy QB situation to deal with.

IMHO, jump ball joe isn’t a top quarterback, average at best.
Would you rather have him, or Kirk Cousins? Him, or Matt Stafford? These are guys making top-of-the-market money.

Did they not play him today in case he got injured and screwed up their plans to release/trade him?

IMHO, jump ball joe isn’t a top quarterback, average at best.
Well, that's your opinion. If he's healthy he is the best playoff QB besides Brady by statistics.

By the way, comparisons are to QBs who might be available. Most top qbs don't become available ever.

Did they not play him today in case he got injured and screwed up their plans to release/trade him?

Maybe. They sure would have cashed in if he took over and dropped a couple tds. The good thing is running qbs who don't throw very well have a history of long term success in the NFL.:rolleyes:

Well, that's your opinion. If he's healthy he is the best playoff QB besides Brady by statistics.

By the way, comparisons are to QBs who might be available. Most top qbs don't become available ever.
From 2010-2014 he was a very good playoff QB and a serviceable reg season one.

Outside of those years. Ave/below average

Why not? If your front office truly believes that Flaccid can be a difference-maker (Miami, Jacksonville, Denver etc.) and you are sufficiently under the cap as many teams will be this offseason, then I can certainly understand if one of them pulls the trigger on a trade.
Why would anyone believe Flacco could be a difference maker?
I didn’t say no one would trade for anybody with his contract I said no one would trade for FLACCO with that contract.
Surely you don’t think he is a difference maker do you?

Why would anyone believe Flacco could be a difference maker?
I didn’t say no one would trade for anybody with his contract I said no one would trade for FLACCO with that contract.
Surely you don’t think he is a difference maker do you?

Is Cousins a difference maker?

Is Cousins a difference maker?
He’s a hell of a lot better than Flacco
And I was not a fan of going all in on cousins btw.

Why wouldn’t Jacksonville wait for the eagles to cut foles? Couglin is an nfc east guy.
Foles isn’t getting cut, his contract will expire.
Not sure what division coughlin coached in would make him ignore evaluation and just pick a guy from that division.

He’s a hell of a lot better than Flacco
And I was not a fan of going all in on cousins btw.
Exactly, I thought they were crazy also, so there is someone else out there that will view )Joe as a bargain at $18.5M

That Ryan Tannehill money, Joe's certainly better.
Flacco is terrible. Tannehill is being released because of his “tannehill money”.

To paraphrase “Spaceman” Bill Lee, Flacco spent one postseason falling out of trees and landing on his feet instead of his head. He isn’t that good but benefitted from years of good defense and a good line in front of him, not to mention Ray Rice; and (a should be double HOF asset in) Ozzie Newsome.

With that said, unless Jackson can figure out how to make quicker and better decisions about throwing the ball and improve his accuracy substantially, I don’t see him getting much better than he is right now. QBs who tuck and run as quickly as he does simply don’t make it in the NFL. Moon, McNair, Vick to some degree, and Randall Cunningham figured it out so hopefully for Lamar’s sake he can too, but he’d be beating the odds to do so.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back