PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Plaxico Buress Shot Himself in the Leg

Seems like just an accident...happens a lot more than people realize...

A Portland Maine police officer shot himself in a major blood

vessel in the leg this year and bled to death.

Is there a link to that information?

This guy just can't play in the shotgun formation.

rimshot.gif

Thing is, only a very small percentage of the United States requires any form of firearms registration. It's a myth that you have to register a firearm and have a permit or license to own one everywhere.

But, yeah, seeing how he lives in the NY/NJ area, there's no telling what might be required of him. Especially if the investigating officers aren't Giants fans. Or maybe even if they are :)

Owning a handgun in your home is different from carrying a concealed weapon. NY and NY are 'may issue' states where the state has the discretion whether to issue a carry permit, essentially denying to most people.....
N.J. LAW;Concealed Weapons: A Senator Says Their Time Has Come - New York Times

Under the current law, New Jersey residents may carry a handgun only if they can convince a Superior Court judge that their safety depends on it

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/pubs/wb/06wb6.pdf

If he didn't have a carry permit, hopefully we;ll find out soon enough.....

The gun probably went off in the holster. That would be some serious bad luck.

hahahahah yeah it must have went off when he was at the licensed shooting range while he was digging in his pocket for his registration card.

Yea Plax is done in NY. Ya think he'd stay healthy after he signed that big contract with them. What an idiot.

I want to know if he is going to be charged. I don't know NY law, but if were here in NH he most likley would be charged. Under the conditions of being in a night club with several people inside. Also if he had been drinking. I would charge him.

But I don't know the facts of the case.

631:3 Reckless Conduct. –
I. A person is guilty of reckless conduct if he recklessly engages in conduct which places or may place another in danger of serious bodily injury.
II. Reckless conduct is a class B felony if the person uses a deadly weapon as defined in RSA 625:11, V. All other reckless conduct is a misdemeanor.
III. A person convicted of a class B felony offense under this section shall not be subject to the provisions of RSA 651:2, II-g.

Last edited:

Coughlin wanted to castrate him before this whole thing even happened. I can only imagine what he is thinking now. I wouldnt be totally surprised if they let him walk this offseason, even if they just gave him that contract

"By Stalingrad, do you mean "Enemy At The Gates"? THAT is one excellent movie."

Very true, Enemy at the gates was a very good movie, the opening scene when the Russians are crossing the Volga getting raked by the Stukas was incredible.

Stalingrad is a German film produced in 1992 about the Battle of Stalingrad as seen through the eyes of a group of German Stormtroopers who are sent from Italy into the inferno known as The Battle of Stalingrad.

It is a very good movie with terrific battle scenes, make sure if you check it out you do so with the 1992 version as their is a 1958 version that is just terrible..........

Seems like just an accident...happens a lot more than people realize...
Yeah, it's happened to me 5 or 6 times already this year and it's not even December yet.

"Yeah, it's happened to me 5 or 6 times already this year and it's not even December yet."

Great point, I almost did the same thing the other night; as my girlfriend and I headed out the night before Thanksgiving on our annual trip to meet up with old college buddies who are back in town visiting their folks, I said "Wait honey, before we go hit the town, let me grab my loaded handgun from the nightstand drawer just in case I get bombed later on and want to impress everyone with my quick draw McGraw skills in a crowded nightclub".........................

A sampling of stories about NFL Players & Guns. Out and about and at home.

PRO FOOTBALL; More N.F.L. Players Turn to Guns for a Sense of Security - New York Times

PRO FOOTBALL; More N.F.L. Players Turn to Guns for a Sense of Security
By MIKE FREEMAN
Published: December 26, 2003

Toward the end of his 19 years in the National Football League, offensive tackle Lomas Brown noticed something that startled even a hardened veteran. It seemed as if almost every player he knew in the N.F.L. owned a gun. Brown said he saw guns everywhere. On team flights. In locker rooms. In players' cars. In training camp dormitory rooms.

''I think the vast majority of players in the N.F.L. have guns,'' said Brown, who retired at the end of last season. ''Just about every guy I played with in the N.F.L. had a gun. Almost every player I knew had one. Guns are rampant in football. You have all these players packing guns wherever they go. It's a disaster waiting to happen.''​

NFL players increase security for their safety

NFL players increase security for their safety
Reuters
Published: Wednesday, November 19
MIAMI - Frightened NFL players are carrying guns and hiring bodyguards as they seek to avoid becoming victims of violent crime, which has already claimed the lives of two players.

Seven players told the latest edition of ESPN The Magazine, to be published on Friday, that the murders last year of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor safety and Denver Broncos defensive back Darrent Williams have raised the alarm among some of the country's toughest sportsmen.

"We are targets, we need to be aware of that everywhere we go," said Tampa Bay Buccaneers corner Ronde Barber.​

Security in the NFL: Dunta Robinson, Texans CB - ESPN The Magazine

Living Scared: Dunta Robinson

In September 2007, Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson was the victim of an armed robbery at his gated-community home near Houston. This is the first time the 26-year-old has spoken publicly in detail about the incident.

I never owned a gun, never thought I needed a gun—until I was robbed at gunpoint in my own home.

I've heard the league say you don't need a gun. But if you haven't been in my situation, you really can't answer that question. I would never use a weapon in the wrong way or look for trouble. But I'll tell you this: I will protect my house.

My gun definitely makes me feel a little safer.​

Coughlin wanted to castrate him before this whole thing even happened. I can only imagine what he is thinking now. I wouldnt be totally surprised if they let him walk this offseason, even if they just gave him that contract

He's only one year into a 5 yr contract. Wonder if the Jints had the smarts to put a clause in there which would let them out were he to violate some behaviour clause? Big cap issues otherwise as the signing bonus would all accelerate into 2009.

looks like hes going to be back in 2 weeks. they should suspend him for the remainder of the season.

Looks like Plex could face jailtime.

ProFootballTalk.com - Rumor Mill

And that’s where things get problematic for Burress. (Apart from, you know, the bullet in the thigh.)

If, as we’ve heard it, the accidental bullet came from a gun that Burress was carrying and if Burress was not in legal possession of the loaded weapon at the time of the incident, he could be facing a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 3.5 years.

In 2006, New York beefed up its laws regarding illegal gun possession. The following year, New York City officials embarked on a campaign aimed at communicating to all citizens the serious consequences of illegal gun possession.

“GUNS = PRISON” was the message.

Mandatory 3.5 years if convicted ... meaning theyd HAVE to give him that if convicted. unbelievable

Plexiglas Furnace always seemed like an idiot gangsta type. Too bad he didn't shoot himself in the jaw.

Random idiot: WHAT, PLAX!? YOU THINK JUST CUZ YOU IN THE NFL YOU THINK YOU A GANGSTA!? YOU AIN'T ****!
Plaxico: You talkin' to me?
Random idiot: I DON'T SEE ANYONE ELSE IN HERE NAMED PLAXICO, FOO!
Plaxico: Shut you ass up, *****! You bes' get to steppin'!
Random idiot: Or what? Whatchu gon' do? *gets in his face*
Plaxico: CHECK DIS ****, MOTH-*BANG*

*Silence*

Plaxico: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ****! ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots