PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots team meeting at 7pm tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone outside of NE wants to see that. Goodell wants to see that. NYFL wants to see that. That's the point. This is total BS.

What everyone would want to see less is, somehow, the Hoyer-led Pats winning the game. Stranger things have happened. It's 2020.

Brian Hoyer 14-19 175 yards 1 TD, Sony Michele 24/103yds 2 TD...Pats D breaks out, Pats win a shaver 21-17. Belichick reasserts defensive genius dominance.

We can dream.

They should use my personal strategy whenever some ***hat without a mask gets too close to me in public these days: fake cough like crazy. Make them think twice about physical contact and proximity. Do it in the warm ups, so the TV reporters are reporting it.

Unknowns are unknown, and there are so many unknowns with this virus. But, there are also expectations based on experience and odds as well.

It’s likely that Newton was infected during the Sunday night to Tuesday period and started interacting with teammates, coaches and staff Wednesday. With the number of people he would have been in contact with on practice days, if the Patriots don’t start showing more positives by tomorrow morning, based on what we’ve seen from the infestations in baseball and the Titans, the odds are pretty good that no one else was infected.

I’m thinking if that’s the case with both the Pats and the Chiefs then the game will be played tomorrow night. It would work well for the networks as well. CBS will get a good rating for the Pats and Chiefs at 8 and ESPN will likely get a good rating with the 49ers starting at 8 out west. Perhaps, as good or better than if the game started at 5:30 out there. Who cares about Philly fans?

Was going to post something similar. We are all real time witnessing two small workplaces that handled it very differently (WH/campaign and Pats), with the Pats at a massive disadvantage due to the nature of their vocation requiring physical contact and proximity. If the Pats come out of this without a significant disease spread, then wow, I'm impressed.
Pats also have a big advantage: they’re not actively undermining attempts to limit the spread of this virus.

NFL players are generally going to be constantly given positive reinforcement that it’s a big deal and important that they and everyone around them avoid spreading the virus, and they’ll likely be motivated and diligent about it.

WH staffers otoh are constantly immersed in denial that it‘s anything to worry about and isn‘t even real, thus are casual and sloppy about protections.

One thing that makes me hopeful is that Cam almost certainly was asymptomatic when tested positive. So caught fairly early. Viral load had to be high enough to detect, not sure how sensitive the test they use is but probably pretty sensitive so that is likely not very high in absolute terms. Given low to moderate viral load, asymptomatic so not coughing, I’m hopeful he didn’t transmit it. We will see, soon.

After this weekend, the league should have a 2-3 timeout while schedules and protocols are adjusted/ The Super Bowl should be delayed at least a couple of weeks to accommodate future schedule changes.

Thank you, There were several excellent articles. I was impressed with PHI taking their "bubble" and renting entire floors at a hotel.

Kraft should put the whole team up at the Renaissance at Patriots Place. It must be nearly empty anyway.

they really shouldnt be playing tomorrow . i agree with curran here
You know what’s too bad about this? The league was doing real well with this up until now. Everybody. Players, coaches, doctors, team personnel, every single person going above and beyond. And now, faced with a little adversity that puts them in a bind, they buckled.

They don’t want to wait until Tuesday because they don’t want the Chiefs playing a Tuesday-Sunday-Thursday junket. They don’t want to tear it off the schedule and play it another time because that’s hard.

So instead, they’ll cross their fingers and let the best team with the best player in the entire NFL play on Monday against a franchise that’s just printed money for everyone for two decades. If it works and nobody gets sick, bo-flipping-nanza. If it doesn’t? If the Patriots single positive turns into several and the Chiefs wind up with more too? Then they gambled and lost. An abundance of arrogance, we’ll call it.

You’d think if anything can get Goodell fired it would be this backfiring on the players.

Was going to post something similar. We are all real time witnessing two small workplaces that handled it very differently (WH/campaign and Pats), with the Pats at a massive disadvantage due to the nature of their vocation requiring physical contact and proximity. If the Pats come out of this without a significant disease spread, then wow, I'm impressed.

I said it in another thread but the fact that it was the QB1 who has tight contact with a lot of coaches, skill players, line men & co got sick and the spread was contained is either proof of how well players have followed the guidelines in the locker room and should be a shining example of things. Or we just got lucky that the viral loads Newton spreads around are lower than among those people who end up being superspreaders.

Curran nailed it. There is zero reason to force this game given the fact that we have no idea how many could be positive but are still well in the incubation time. They are just risking the health of their players and this season because they have no plan B to move games. The NFL was the only major US league that had the advantage of months of time to prepare for their season and they still blew it and have no other answer but to move a game 24h and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back