PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: NFL Owners to Discuss New England Stadium Project

Gator Mike

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
From Bert Breer:

Maybe it's nothing... maybe not.

I know they're installing a new video board on one end... but I can't imagine that's something they'd have to discuss with the league. Hmmm...

From Bert Breer:

I know they're installing a new video board on one end... but I can't imagine that's something they'd have to discuss with the league. Hmmm...

Per Zo this is about the Jumbotron. And I guess new concession area just under the Jumbotron

From Bert Breer:

I know Chicago wants to move out of Soldier filed and have proposed land in either Oak Lawn or University Park for a new stadium. I would be interested in finding out the New England project

Per Zo this is about the Jumbotron. And I guess new concession area just under the Jumbotron
Jumbrotron is a league matter?
I know Chicago wants to move out of Soldier filed and have proposed land in either Oak Lawn or University Park for a new stadium. I would be interested in finding out the New England project
Didn't know Da Bears wanted to move out of Soldier Field.

Seems odd that those two items would warrant league discussion and vote.

A team can't upgrade their own concession stands or jumbotron without approval of 16 other owners?

Didn't know Da Bears wanted to move out of Soldier Field.
The City of Chicago owns Soldier Field, and the Bears have a lease until the mid 2020's, they are trying to get the city to make some upgrades to the stadium. In the meantime Oak Park and University Park have made proposals of land to build an entirely new site.

One of the big drawbacks for Soldier Field for many fans is that they come from the suburbs and there is very little parking/tailgaiting at the stadium, the new sites would address this.

A team can't upgrade their own concession stands or jumbotron without approval of 16 other owners?

Think competitive advantage.

Not that the original owner would be necessarily thinking that, but the other 16 probably will be.

I expected to read that he removed more seats in order to raise more revenue, at the expense of crowd noise/home-field advantage.

Whatever it is, it was approved.

Whatever it is, it was approved.

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

The City of Chicago owns Soldier Field, and the Bears have a lease until the mid 2020's, they are trying to get the city to make some upgrades to the stadium. In the meantime Oak Park and University Park have made proposals of land to build an entirely new site.

One of the big drawbacks for Soldier Field for many fans is that they come from the suburbs and there is very little parking/tailgaiting at the stadium, the new sites would address this.
I have heard parking is brutal

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back