PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: McD showing interest in Packers Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly some assistant turned down a college for a coordinator consideration in hopes to land with Josh.

Wonder who that could be?

"A handful of NFL assistant coaches have indicated interest in joining a McDaniels-led coaching staff in Green Bay, according to sources who spoke to Yahoo Sports on Sunday."

yeah... solid.

As reported by Charles Robinson, and then repeated as fact by Henry McKenna - USA Today's version of Woodward and Bernstein rolled into one "hero of journalism".

Actually, I think "Henry McKenna" is just a bot.

Not gonna believe a single report involving McDaniels until I see him at another teams facility, donning their colors, and answering awkward questions about his failed past head coaching attempts.

Last edited:
McDaniel vs Patricia twice a year would be cool.

McDaniel vs Patricia twice a year would be cool.
I dunno….. do you really think the Bears or Vikes will take him on as an assistant? :D

If McDaniels does take this job, I really can't blame him. The opportunity to coach Aaron Rodgers doesn't come along very often.

Supposedly some assistant turned down a college for a coordinator consideration in hopes to land with Josh.

Wonder who that could be?

I can see BB turning to his son saying, "Et tu..."

Well, it should certainly check all of the boxes from Josh's perspective.

1.) Great QB
2.) NFC team (away from Pats)
3.) Team with passionate fan base, strong history

colts were a better choice

Well, it should certainly check all of the boxes from Josh's perspective.

1.) Great QB
2.) NFC team (away from Pats)
3.) Team with passionate fan base, strong history
Except it doesn't check Mrs. McD's boxes - it's no where near New England and in fact is in the middle of #@!@# nowhere.

MCD takes the head coaching job in GB. Goes 34-30 over the next 4 seasons.

McCarthy moves to NE as the new OC

NE goes 54-12 in the same period, wins at least one more SB

The world then has zero doubt who the real GOAT is.

If McDaniels does take this job, I really can't blame him. The opportunity to coach Aaron Rodgers doesn't come along very often.

Yep, a couple of pieces on offense and they are rolling again.

A. I hope the rumors are true because I've never been a fan of McDaniels, or at the very least, I think he's vastly overrated and replaceable. The only issue is Brady's strong preference for him, which has a lot to do with continuity and trust. I'm conflicted on whether or not changing coordinators mid-season is good or bad with McDaniels. I just don't like his playcalling and liked O'Brien so much better.

B. Green Bay right now must be one of the worst situations I've seen for a head coach. You have a QB who just got paid a massive extension for absolutely no reason. I pointed out this offseason that this had the potential to be the dumbest extension of all-time, as Rodgers had zero leverage, two years remaining on his deal, and is 35. He could have been forced to play out his contract and been franchised for an additional two years, bringing him to age 39, with many outs for the Packers, and he would still have gotten paid less. He essentially got this extension because Brady and Brees had not regressed, and even still it made no sense. It was just a massive hero worship move by management to make sure he was placated as the highest paid player in the league.

Now you have an enormous cap hit for a guy who is clearly on the decline and loves to throw everyone under the bus; the fans blame the head coach for everything. The media and fanbase think the Packers are incompetent if they don't win with Rodgers no matter how average he has played. Rodgers is not like Brady at all in how Brady interacts with teammates, buys into the coaching, and is an ideal teammate who will do whatever he's asked to win. In fact, I'm starting to agree with many who have said for years that he puts his stupid statistics, passer rating, and personal heroics above winning. His former teammates don't like him. He clearly loves to overrule the coach and do his own thing.

The expectations here would make this an epic, epic disaster.

Never happen but mind blowing would be McDaniels to New England as HC and Belichick to Green Bay

A. I hope the rumors are true because I've never been a fan of McDaniels, or at the very least, I think he's vastly overrated and replaceable. The only issue is Brady's strong preference for him, which has a lot to do with continuity and trust. I'm conflicted on whether or not changing coordinators mid-season is good or bad with McDaniels. I just don't like his playcalling and liked O'Brien so much better.

B. Green Bay right now must be one of the worst situations I've seen for a head coach. You have a QB who just got paid a massive extension for absolutely no reason. I pointed out this offseason that this had the potential to be the dumbest extension of all-time, as Rodgers had zero leverage, two years remaining on his deal, and is 35. He could have been forced to play out his contract and been franchised for an additional two years, bringing him to age 39, with many outs for the Packers, and he would still have gotten paid less. He essentially got this extension because Brady and Brees had not regressed, and even still it made no sense. It was just a massive hero worship move by management to make sure he was placated as the highest paid player in the league.

Now you have an enormous cap hit for a guy who is clearly on the decline and loves to throw everyone under the bus; the fans blame the head coach for everything. The media and fanbase think the Packers are incompetent if they don't win with Rodgers no matter how average he has played. Rodgers is not like Brady at all in how Brady interacts with teammates, buys into the coaching, and is an ideal teammate who will do whatever he's asked to win. In fact, I'm starting to agree with many who have said for years that he puts his stupid statistics, passer rating, and personal heroics above winning. His former teammates don't like him. He clearly loves to overrule the coach and do his own thing.

The expectations here would make this an epic, epic disaster.
This.

I can't see being a good fit. Now if the guy was 28... sure. But not in his mid 30's. No way.

Back in the day, Kraft said he knew when Bill was retiring. It was between Kraft and Bill, and there was not going to be any discussion about it. I have to think McD knows what that schedule is. I would guess this is just media speculation.

Another power struggle in the making....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes