PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: 49ers wanted to trade for Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s the case, I think you may have been the only one.

I was doubting my sanity, but it definitely came up in the original discussion thread. Here's one post from Monday:

I am still digesting the news that the Niners called about Brady, not JG. I guess ole Kyle does not want to relive the nightmare that was SB51.

Edit: and here's a tweet from Monday:

Last edited:
Somewhere along the line this will get spun into “Pats offered Brady First.”

Tonight's NFL Network post-games headline, this afternoon!

Thanks!

Wasn't this what was reported from the very beginning, that Lynch initially called about Brady, but the response was "let's talk Garoppolo instead"?

I'm certain I read about this when the trade first happened, am I the only one?
confused0013.gif

Not the only one. It was definitely reported Day one. It didn’t fit the narrative though. But now that the whole “Kraft stepped in” garbage is dying down, we will start talking about the balls of the Niners FO.

Not the only one. It was definitely reported Day one. It didn’t fit the narrative though. But now that the whole “Kraft stepped in” garbage is dying down, we will start talking about the balls of the Niners FO.

Speaking of which, there was a lot of skepticism when York hired a guy with zero experience as his GM, but so far Lynch has done nothing but impress me. Heck, why not call about Brady when you hear that the Pats are refusing to move Garoppolo? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And in the end it netted him a quarterback.

Bill's answer

I was doubting my sanity, but it definitely came up in the original discussion thread. Here's one post from Monday:

Edit: and here's a tweet from Monday:

Not sure why the mainstream media is just picking up on it today...

I don't imagine there is enough in SF to offer.

Like : it's one thing if GB calls and offers Rodgers & 5 first rounders. That'd be ridiculous for GB. What does SF have other than picks ?

Weird. BUT : why not ask ? BB can say no.

Old news. Really old.

I still think the scenario was completely misrepresented but feasible. We're probably talking 4th hand.

I have little doubt Kraft has probably made it clear that he would never OK trading Brady. This doesn't mean Belichick ever wanted to trade Brady. BB and Kraft might be on the same page on this. But Kraft says to Brady that he wants to keep him here until the end of his career. Brady says to Guerrero or whoever 'Bob says if Bill tries to trade me he'd prevent it.'

Guerrero tells Golf guy "My boy Brady's got more pull with Kraft than Belichick, cause Kraft would prevent Bill from trading him."

5 months later Jimmy is traded, Golf guy says "Kraft overruled Belichick's attempt to trade Brady."

Exactly. If Kraft was involved it wouldn't be as ham-handed as "Trade JG or else". As fnord said, it would have been "I'm never going to let you trade Brady."

And Lynch asking to trade for Brady and being rebuffed in no way "blows away" the Kraft-was-involved theory (as someone claims upstream). Lynch may well have been rebuffed precisely because of a standing order from Kraft re: Brady.

Not really. They still have good players. Wouldn't be the biggest shock if they made it.
Then why did you ask? Of course the Super Bowl would be a pipe dream. They just traded away the greatest of all time while he’s still playing like the GOAT.

The real story is if there was a team out there who didn't want to trade for Brady. I could understand maybe the Packers just because Rodgers is younger, but every other team should have at least called and asked.

What were they offering? 6 future first round picks and all of their 2018 picks?
All of their future picks for the next 12,872 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back