PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: 49ers wanted to trade for Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually feel better with this news. If true, this feels like an organization that always had a clear path forward with Brady until his wheels fell off. Or in other words, they liked Jimmy, but having seen them both for years in practice there are no lingering doubts about whether trading Jimmy was the wrong move.

I'm curious to what would they offer...

I know it's never going to be enough, but I wonder if it was closer to "maybe in another universe" rather than "Go f*** yourself"

Lynch must have been reading another of those wacky Seth Wickersham conspiracy pieces...or Ayatollah Bhomani has been masquerading as Niner press agent...

49ers got some big balls on them!!!

Wasn't this what was reported from the very beginning, that Lynch initially called about Brady, but the response was "let's talk Garoppolo instead"?

I'm certain I read about this when the trade first happened, am I the only one?
confused0013.gif

Wasn't this what was reported from the very beginning, that Lynch initially called about Brady, but the response was "let's talk Garoppolo instead"?

I'm certain I read about this when the trade first happened, am I the only one?
confused0013.gif

If that’s the case, I think you may have been the only one. It’s all over the media today, so maybe you are better than the reporters out there.

My understanding is that Lynch wanted JG last year but Belichick tabled the discussions because he was unsure if Brady could play at a high level at age 40 (this what I was thinking too when Jimmy wasn’t traded at the draft last year). Now that BB is comfortable with an older Brady, he was comfortable dealing Jimmy. If Brady were having a down year...oh boy, I’d hate to think.

But wait!!!!! I thought KRAFT was the one who called them and traded Jimmy against Bill’s wishes specifically to keep Tom??!?!? But but but.... that one guy who covers golf told me....

But wait!!!!! I thought KRAFT was the one who called them and traded Jimmy against Bill’s wishes specifically to keep Tom??!?!? But but but.... that one guy who covers golf told me....

I still think the scenario was completely misrepresented but feasible. We're probably talking 4th hand.

I have little doubt Kraft has probably made it clear that he would never OK trading Brady. This doesn't mean Belichick ever wanted to trade Brady. BB and Kraft might be on the same page on this. But Kraft says to Brady that he wants to keep him here until the end of his career. Brady says to Guerrero or whoever 'Bob says if Bill tries to trade me he'd prevent it.'

Guerrero tells Golf guy "My boy Brady's got more pull with Kraft than Belichick, cause Kraft would prevent Bill from trading him."

5 months later Jimmy is traded, Golf guy says "Kraft overruled Belichick's attempt to trade Brady."

What were they offering? 6 future first round picks and all of their 2018 picks?

IF the Patriots traded TB to SF last week, would the SB be a pipe dream?

could you imagine if this actually happened? lol

the forum would of crashed!:D

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
TB > JG. Water is also wet.

Interesting that Lynch wanted TB. He mustn’t think TB is anywhere near done either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News