PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss's mention about the way Belichick wore the Kraft family initiative pin

We have Neidermeyer on the Pats payroll as a the pin police?
John Belushi Eyebrows GIF

Rather petty, if you ask me. Bill is aware of what he is doing.
Yeah I don't want to say it is deliberate but it is a really odd spot to wear a pin. If it is deliberate then that is a real slap in the face to RKK and politics aside it is a pin bringing awareness to anti-semitism which technically could have nothing to do with Israel.

Where Bill normally wears pins:

QLTO7Y2MUJGPFA3WKLZZSAAPUA.jpg

1429720320.0.jpg

65a03a17be5a7.image.jpg

Although I did find this. Hopefully it is just a weird thing Bill does on occasion and this is much to do about nothing.

mmqb-bill-belichick-no-hoodiejpg.jpg

BB has not, does not, and never will care about all the extra side crap of the NFL these days. This is a game he got into because he loves it when it was not popular at all. There’s tens of initiatives around the league for every concern you can dream of.

BB has not, does not, and never will care about all the extra side crap of the NFL these days. This is a game he got into because he loves it when it was not popular at all. There’s tens of initiatives around the league for every concern you can dream of.
Yeah standing against antisemitism is just "extra side crap".

Never knew about this but it is kinda disrespectful to wear a pin on the side of your stomach.

At the end of the day Bill and Bob were never close. It was always a business relationship and that’s been written about many times. Bill distanced himself from the other key figures in the organization; the Krafts and Brady. Last week I was listening to one of the reporters who years ago asked Brady that when it was all over and they were old if he would hang with Bill and reminisce. Brady laughed at it. There’s no personal relationship with Bill like there is with the Krafts. Kind of a shame.

I never thought that there was a relationship between the two men. Kraft is all about image/brand and wants the Pats not only to be America's team, but the world's team. Belichick just didn't give a crap and almost relished in being an a-hole and hated across the league. Kraft must have steamed every time a Belichick news conference got really contentious.

As for Belichick and Brady and other players, it has been reported that Belichick's relationship with players are one way when they are on the team and another when they leave. When they are on the Patriots, it is a cold relationship and they rarely see the human side of Bill. Afterwards, Belichick is a completely different person - personable and funny.

If Kraft purposely disrespected Kraft on something that is so important to him, then he only has himself to blame for his firing. I get that they didn't like the guy, but it is just shotty to disrespect someone's core beliefs like that.

so I guess Krafty isn't hiring any Palestinian coaches anytime soon, eh?

I think it is much ado about nothing by Reiss.

Maybe BB had a sore shoulder that day and didn't want to strain it by placing a pin high up on his shirt. Hard to read much into these things....

I never thought that there was a relationship between the two men. Kraft is all about image/brand and wants the Pats not only to be America's team, but the world's team. Belichick just didn't give a crap and almost relished in being an a-hole and hated across the league. Kraft must have steamed every time a Belichick news conference got really contentious.

As for Belichick and Brady and other players, it has been reported that Belichick's relationship with players are one way when they are on the team and another when they leave. When they are on the Patriots, it is a cold relationship and they rarely see the human side of Bill. Afterwards, Belichick is a completely different person - personable and funny.
Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Kraft, being mad at Bill for being an a**hole at some presser, while the value of his franchise goes thru the roof thanks to Tom and Bill.

It was discussed widely at the time. It's petty and disrespectful. I assume Reiss highlighted it as an example of what Kraft felt he had to put up with. I love Bill but even I can see he is a difficult man. The various bits I've seen of Bill and RKK in documentaries always make me cringe. He always seemed to treat him like a child and barely told him more than he would tell the media. He must have felt very comfortable in his job.

That said, we don't know if Kraft refused to support any of Belichick's charitable initiatives and there was something broader to it.

I also agree it was weird way to start out a story by Reiss and it was an unusual location for the pin and a cryptic response from BB when asked.

I wonder if BB was being a dink towards Bob re: Kraft not wearing the Serbian pin.
I think this raises a good point about the prudence of requiring any kind of statement on apparel. I know people who are pro Palestinian that might not be keen on wearing an antisemitism pin (and yes, I know one can be against antisemitism and pro Palestinian, but someone might suspect that an antisemitism pin suggests support for Israel's policies in current time), people who would not want to wear a cross or rainbow flag or BLM apparel (not because of racism but because of attitudes toward many profiting off of BLM), and so on. A person shouldn't b eput in a place where their motives for not participating in something can be held against them without being known, when the cause is not directly related to the job they are doing.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back