PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats are in contact with Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mike Reiss: Pats are in contact with Jason Taylor

Yeah, I'm all for bringing JT in--I hope it works out. I agree he'd probably be in for the sub packages.

OT: Condon, I owe you somewhat of an apology for my assessment of P.Harvin not going as high as he did, or my thoughts of BB not willing to take a chance on him. We'll never know if Childress is for real, or if BB really was gonna take him at 23, but I know you were high on him. So good call, at any rate, FWIW.

It's all good man. I don't take offense to what anyone writes on here. We're all fans and I assume people who posts here regularly are as passionate about the Pats as I am and have a good amount of football knowledge. And most everything we write are speculation and "what ifs" unless we're talking about stats.

Now here's the latest from Tampa regarding Taylor: Bates says Bucs have discussed Taylor

"Jason is a great football player," said Bates. "Last year he fell off a little bit, but he had the [knee] injury. He's a young 34 or 35, whatever he is. He's just a good, solid professional athlete. There's been discussion, and I don't know where we're going with it. You'll have to talk to [general manager] Mark [Dominik] and those guys about that. We have some good football players here, but we're always looking for more and ways to try and improve our football team."

Not that he really said anything definitive, but it is a change of direction for a team that until now seemed to be opposed to anybody over the age of 30 besides Ronde Barber on their roster this year.

Now here's the latest from Tampa regarding Taylor: Bates says Bucs have discussed Taylor

"Jason is a great football player," said Bates. "Last year he fell off a little bit, but he had the [knee] injury. He's a young 34 or 35, whatever he is. He's just a good, solid professional athlete. There's been discussion, and I don't know where we're going with it. You'll have to talk to [general manager] Mark [Dominik] and those guys about that. We have some good football players here, but we're always looking for more and ways to try and improve our football team."

Not that he really said anything definitive, but it is a change of direction for a team that until now seemed to be opposed to anybody over the age of 30 besides Ronde Barber on their roster this year.

Thanks for posting.

In my view, Taylor's either going to be a phin or a Patriot. The idea that he'd leave Miami - and the chance to end his career with some measure of symmetry, continuity, whatever - to go play for a team BESIDES the Patriots, whom he has expressed interest in, let alone go to a rebuilding team like freakin' TAMPA, seems silly. Why on EARTH would he land in Tampa? That just seems bizarre to me, no matter where the Hell Bates is.

Thanks for posting.

In my view, Taylor's either going to be a phin or a Patriot. The idea that he'd leave Miami - and the chance to end his career with some measure of symmetry, continuity, whatever - to go play for a team BESIDES the Patriots, whom he has expressed interest in, let alone go to a rebuilding team like freakin' TAMPA, seems silly. Why on EARTH would he land in Tampa? That just seems bizarre to me, no matter where the Hell Bates is.

Because Miami and NE won't pay him enough? There are guys, like Junior Seau, who would give their left you-know-what for a ring. Jason Taylor's not one of those guys. JT wants one more pay day before he sets off on his acting/modeling/hosting career.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting.

====================================================

JT said he hates the Pats. His family is all in Florida, Tampa is not to far from Miami.

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, I agree. The only way I can see it happening is if (a) Taylor's sole, or at least primary objective is to be close to his family, and also (b) Miami doesn't want him or they can't work out a deal. Tampa Bay would appear to be the longshot in this three-horse race.

Edit: and if it is about money, then Tampa Bay has more cap space than any other NFL team if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

JT said he hates the Pats. His family is all in Florida, Tampa is not to far from Miami.
and he would NEVER play for that sting green team...from MY...ugh.. go back to tiyr peanut gallery..

Cogent analysis. Not "to" shabby. Try again.

Because Miami and NE won't pay him enough? There are guys, like Junior Seau, who would give their left you-know-what for a ring. Jason Taylor's not one of those guys. JT wants one more pay day before he sets off on his acting/modeling/hosting career.

You say that with the confidence of someone close to JT. I know it's easy to take cheapshots at the guy, and he's earned some, but I don't agree with the idea that he's definitely just all about the money.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up here. I think it's a fait accompli. But we'll see. I've been wrong plenty of times before.

and he would NEVER play for that sting green team...from MY...ugh.. go back to tiyr peanut gallery..

========================================================

He never said that to my knowledge, as I recall and I am paraphrasing, is that he hates the Jets and all Jet fans, thinks Jet fans are stupid, but if they were the only team willing to pay him, he would play for them.

He never said that, he said he was flattered that Kraft spoke kindly of him and would love to have him on the Patriots.

Jets fan on a Pats site...of course you're just going to make **** up.

He never said that, he said he was flattered that Kraft spoke kindly of him and would love to have him on the Patriots.

Actually, Gunnails has been around for a long time and generally offers some valid and useful insight. Most Jets fans you and I happen to meet may be devoid of football intellect, but that would be wrong to stereotype in that manner in this case; no different than when opposing fans accuse 'all' Pats fans of being band wagon fans who never watched a game before 2001.

Actually, Gunnails has been around for a long time and generally offers some valid and useful insight. Most Jets fans you and I happen to meet may be devoid of football intellect, but that would be wrong to stereotype in that manner in this case; no different than when opposing fans accuse 'all' Pats fans of being band wagon fans who never watched a game before 2001.

Fair enough to defend the guy, but his post was absolute B.S. Taylor has had nothing but positives to offer about the prospect of going to the Pats.

I'd love to have taylor for a year but really such a bad career move.

He has a reputation in Dolphin land ... he's better off to keep that intact.

Fair enough to defend the guy, but his post was absolute B.S. Taylor has had nothing but positives to offer about the prospect of going to the Pats.

=======================================================

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4053572

The six-time Pro Bowler recently said at another Jason Taylor Foundation event he would have a hard time playing for the New England Patriots after so many years hating them

I admit the whole JT hates the Pats comment is trollish, but I did not make it up, call me what you want but I won't knowingly lie on the intrnez, least not to you gys. :)

Last edited:
Every time I see this thread, I think for the briefest instant that it says "Pats agree to contract with Jason Taylor." :eek:

Jason Taylor talking with Miami Dolphins about possible return - ESPN

I admit the whole JT hates the Pats comment is trollish, but I did not make it up, call me what you want but I won't knowingly lie on the intrnez, least not to you gys. :)

Nothing wrong with your post. It was accurate, or at least it WAS accurate in the day (meaning the hate could, possibly, be in the past), and your evidence has been posted on the site before as I recall, possibly even by you yourself.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with your post. It was accurate, or at least it WAS accurate in the day (meaning the hate could, possibly, be in the past), and your evidence has been posted on the site before as I recall, possibly even by you yourself.

=========================================================

Yea, that was me.

Jason Taylor talking with Miami Dolphins about possible return - ESPN

I just think you read the quote incorrectly. He didn't say he hates the Pats. It says, "After so many years..." Emphasis on the AFTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe