PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Outburst was with O'Brien, not Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the loss of Moss the pats still have more weapons than they did in the SB years. On OFFENSE

Last edited:
Moss stated he was unhappy after the first game and the pats never talked to him about a contract extension.Now wat Moss did is childish but management didnt exactly do well in not approaching him.

So, because they weren't beating down the door of a 33 year old receiver who had already been causing issues, that is management's fault???

I thought management made it pretty clear that they'd address it after they season. Which is their right. And is smart business.

Even with the loss of Moss the pats still have more weapons than they did in the SB years.

I don't know about that, even so people are forgetting how dominant the defense was during the SB years. The defense now isnt even close to that.

Even with the loss of Moss the pats still have more weapons than they did in the SB years.

On OFFENSE only... so what is the point of pointing that out?

They have a lot of young players on defense who are rookies or just starting to come into their own. Patrick Chung took a huge step forward both in his special teams play and his safety play against Miami.

I think that McCourty is playing extremely well, for a rookie. And I believe that Spikes and Cunningham are ahead of the curve, which is great since they are rookies as well.

This defense is a work in progress and we knew that would be the case entering the season.

They have a lot of young players on defense who are rookies or just starting to come into their own. Patrick Chung took a huge step forward both in his special teams play and his safety play against Miami.

I think that McCourty is playing extremely well, for a rookie. And I believe that Spikes and Cunningham are ahead of the curve, which is great since they are rookies as well.

This defense is a work in progress and we knew that would be the case entering the season.

Yes so again what was the point of the comment I quoted...

We know this defense and coaching have very little chance of being 03/04 level THIS season

Last edited:
If this is true, and I have to assume that it is, the situation was indeed sufficiently toxic that a trade was an absloute necessity.

Outbursts during a game over play-calling and "getting my touches" can't be put up with, period.

I'm not sure I read it that way. If the outburst was AFTER the game it would definitely be about "getting my touches" and after a big win no-less. And yes, that's unforgivable in my book. But according to Reiss it was at HALFTIME while we we're down 1 pt. It could have been a "WTF are you doing? We should be smokin these fools" variety. Still, probably an irreconcilable situation but not quite the same.

BOB's playcalling has improved from last year. But it's still had plenty of WTF moments. And if he excluded Moss in the 2nd half of the 'Phins game out of spite that's ten times worse.

Last edited:
Why am i pointing this out? :confused: Because ive read hundreds of posts exclaiming 'how are we going to go on, we'll Never make the play offs' Im pointing out that there is prolly more talent on this team offensively than in the SB years.

I've posted at least half a dozen times in the last 24 hours that the defense isn't nearly as good.

Last edited:
Tell that to the teams that played against the Pats in 2003 and 2004. The Pats still have at least 2 players who can "stretch the field" in Tate and Hernandez. I can remember the pass to Troy Brown against Miami. I can remember the pass to Deion Branch against Pittsburgh.

Hernandez leads the team in catches over 20 yards. Definitely has the speed to open things up. Edelman has more speed than quickness, but not by much.

The Pats have used more intermediate routes (10-20 yard routes) than they have in recent memory. I think that this will continue. And I think that with the dynamic receivers they have, they can have the kind of success the dink and dunk receivers (Branch/Givens/Brown) did in 2003 and 2004.

The best part is that it still opens up the field for the running game and for the deep threat.

Are you implying the Pats offense was better in 2003 and 2004 than during the Moss Era?
First of all...the offense was different back then.
In Team Offense this is how we ranked:
2003: #17
2004: #7 (Dillon runs for 1600 yards)
2007: #1
2008: #5 (Cassel)
2009: #3

We don't have a 1600yd rusher on this roster. Even Cassel kept us in the top 5 in offense. The New England offense was on a whole different level since Moss came on board in 2007 (I am not saying it is 100% causal) and without him, no Defense Coordinator will look at defending the Pats in the same light. I am not saying we will not score points, but I do not expect us to stay in the top 5.

Favre and Childress are two of the biggest morons in the league. This is all going to end very badly. The Vikings will not even make the playoffs, Favre will retire without another ring, Moss will realize he is never going to get a ring, and Childress will be fired.

Belichick just threw a match into the Minnesota tinderbox, he did Childress no favors LMAO.

So, what you are saying is that it's the lack of Rice and Harvin's headaches that are to blame for Favre throwing 6 interceptions and for their running game not being as effective as normal...

Dude, stop. Just stop. Those are excuses and they are BS ones at that.
I'm not excusing Favre. He's an INT machine.

I'm simply suggesting to you that a reason for why the Vikes offense isn't performing up to snuff is because the teams top two receivers are hurting. Kinda tough to blame the play caller for any reduction in offensive performance. Geez, could you just imagine how ole doofus would do if Moss and Welker were hurt ..... good grief!

"Outburst was with O'Brien, not Belichick"
Solution? Trade O'Brien.

I don't know about that, even so people are forgetting how dominant the defense was during the SB years. The defense now isnt even close to that.
Im not forgetting that at all, i meant the offense only. While I think this defense will come together by the end of the year it won't be good enough to carry them to the SB. I never thought this was going to be a SB year for us even before Moss was traded.

Last edited:
I'm not excusing Favre. He's an INT machine.

I'm simply suggesting to you that a reason for why the Vikes offense isn't performing up to snuff is because the teams top two receivers are hurting. Kinda tough to blame the play caller for any reduction in offensive performance. Geez, could you just imagine how ole doofus would do if Moss and Welker were hurt ..... good grief!

Sources have it that there is a lot of tension between Favre and Childress right now.

Example:

Desperate act may just work out for Vikings - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

And the attempt to bring in Moss is a desperate attempt to mollify Favre and get him back into the playbook and get him to listen to and do what Childress wants him to do.

I think that midway through the season, Moss will realize he has made the worst mistake of his career. Favre is no Brady, and Childress is no BB.

The Vikings, while they are very well-rounded in terms of talent aren't as diligent and as professional as the Pats are.

They run an offense where options are called out to the huddle and Favre picks his target. I would be willing to gamble that Moss is going to realize that Favre's choice isn't going to be based on intelligence or game sense, but on pure gut, or on the easiest target to throw at from the leverage and position of his body, when he's scrambling around.

I think that midway through the season, Moss will realize he has made the worst mistake of his career. Favre is no Brady, and Childress is no BB.

Maybe Moss is a UFA at the end of the season and we resign him with a new attitude!!! :D

Maybe Moss is a UFA at the end of the season and we resign him with a new attitude!!! :D

That's the funny thing. Moss wanted out of here because he didn't get a contract extension.

But guess what?

Childress on Moss contract: "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it" | ProFootballTalk.com

Childress: "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

So Moss doesn't even have a guarantee that they'll extend him. So he ends up in the same situation he tried to get away from.

Stupid. Just stupid.

I was hearing that apparently Moss told O'Brien to mix up the play calling and try something new and apparently O'Brien started pouting.They said that 5 other players have doned the same thing and they never got in trouble for it.To me its all about the incompetence of one O'Brien.I hope he gets exposed and he is out of here after this year!

Sounds to me like he was trying his damndest to get traded. It worked out for him.

Farve holds the record for most unretirements and Moss holds the record for most times he forced his team to trade him on the cheap. They should make a good pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe