PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Outburst was with O'Brien, not Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't wait to see what happens when we get absolutely destroyed by the Ravens and the offense puts up more zeros in the second half. O'Brien might need to consider hiring a personal body guard.

This sounds like the Jets forums after week one. ...except for the fact that in 3 of our 4 games the team has scored a minimum of 38 points. (and yes, i know its not all on offense.)

This sounds like the Jets forums after week one. ...except for the fact that in 3 of our 4 games the team has scored a minimum of 38 points. (and yes, i know its not all on offense.)

Hey cool! Nobody around here really gives two ****s about the Jets right about now.

That was exactly my point with saying his Ego might be becoming a problem. He should not have gone into the season without any real, experienced coordinators. It was a mistake that is causing major problems now.
Can't say I agree with you that it's ego driven but I agree that BB blew his co-ordinator selections big time and it's biting him in the a r s e right now.

Can't say I agree with you that it's ego driven but I agree that BB blew his co-ordinator selections big time and it's biting him in the a r s e right now.

Belichick is one of the best ever, but developing assistant coaches isn't one of his strengths.

If I were a mod, I'd ban you for that. That's just absolutely ******ed and smacks of you not even becoming a fan before earlier in the decade. No true fan would want his team to fail just so they can win a game of oneupsmanship over the internet.

I don't want this team to fail, but we just traded our best receiver and it may have been over an argument with our incompetent OC. I really think Moss makes a HUGE impact on the offense, he makes everyone better. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see us drop to a slightly above average offense now and to see Welker get neutralized and the run game snuffed.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I'm not optimistic. I thought that this season would be on the shoulders of the offense and now a leg just got kick out from under the table.

The other problem I see is that the offense just got a lot younger. Just think about it, Welker is still coming back from his knee injury and doesn't look as explosive as before, Kevin "Mr. Cluch" Faulk is out for the year, and the rest of the guys are rookies/2nd year players and some are even injured. I don't like it. Not one bit. Our running game is pretty much relying on Law Firm and if teams actually game plan for the run, I think were screwed.

Last edited:
Belichick is one of the best ever, but developing assistant coaches isn't one of his strengths.

Weiss, Crennel, Mangini, Ryan and McDaniels, among others, all say "hello".

Weiss, Crennel, Mangini, Ryan and McDaniels, among others, all say "hello".

He got Weiss and Crennel who were influenced by Parcells. Mangini is terrible. Pees was terrible. McDaniels was a good coordinator. Not a very good track record overall.

He got Weiss and Crennel who were influenced by Parcells. Mangini is terrible. Pees was terrible. McDaniels was a good coordinator. Not a very good track record overall.

1.) Mangini is not terrible.

2.) Pees was not terrible.

3.) McDaniels was tremendous.

4.) Weis and Crennel still count.

5.) Ryan is good.

In other words, your claim fails.

1.) Mangini is not terrible.

2.) Pees was not terrible.

3.) McDaniels was tremendous.

4.) Weis and Crennel still count.

5.) Ryan is good.

In other words, your claim fails.

All are good, but gone. He couldn't keep them. I know a lot of good teams get raided, but still he's now left with some not so great ones.

Eric Mangini as defensive coordinator of the Patriots was a disaster. Do you actually remember that 2005 defense? Random QB's played like pro bowlers against us every week.

Dean Pees did such a good job that no one else would hire him as a defensive coordinator, and the only job he was offered was linebackers coach with Baltimore.

Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss may get credit for growing in New England, but they already came in having been trained by Bill Parcells.

Which Ryan are you referring to.

I like the dink and dunk offense. It's effective. The long ball is such a low percentage play - and if Moss is covered like a cheap suit - it's even lower. C'mon people. The sky is not falling that far....

Exactly. The worst negative about Randy's departure is that he drew coverage but even that might have eased up if things continued not to connect, but who knows.

The long ball is a gift not an expectation, it has it's place but you can't count on it as your money shot. I actually really liked how our offense ran Monday night. No doubt part of that had to do with Moss drawing coverage but still, I like that kind of offense.

If Mcdaniels was the OC i guanrantee u that Moss's numbers wouldnt be wat they are.

Ah yes indeed; can you imagine what Skippy could do with the Patriots current (as of yesterday) weapons? Some more records would fall.

Unfortunately there is a reverse Darwinism (or the Peter Principle if you will) going on with the Patriots assistants; all the good ones are plucking leaving the cruft. The Dead Sea effect.

Another little nugget I heard on the radio today, on 560 WQAM, flagship station of the Dolphins, on the Sid Rosenberg show.

The Dolphins reporters from the station, who were there in the Patriots locker room after the win and know firsthand and not from heresay, found it extremely odd after the game that Brady and Moss, with lockers next to each other, were dressing and not sharing a word or even looking at each other. Everybody was in fact staying away from Randy. The lockerroom attitude overall, though, was jubilent and Brady was joking around with other players and celebrating a big win.

Not Randy.

Stone. Cold. Silence.

after a big win

So this was not just some random halftime blowup by a player wanting his team to do better. Even after the win he was ticked off and apparently his teammates, including Brady, were ticked off too, but AT RANDY.

The Dolphins reporters didn't know what to make of it at the time, but after this it became clear.

This was discussed on the air around 5PM on WQAM 560.

Last edited:
Another little nugget I heard on the radio today, on 560 WQAM, flagship station of the Dolphins, on the Sid Rosenberg show.

The Dolphins reporters from the station, who were there in the Patriots locker room after the win and know firsthand and not from heresay, found it extremely odd after the game that Brady and Moss, with lockers next to each other, were dressing and not sharing a word or even looking at each other. Everybody was in fact staying away from Randy. The lockerroom attitude overall, though, was jubilent and Brady was joking around with other players and celebrating a big win.

Not Randy.

Stone. Cold. Silence.

after a big win

So this was not just some random halftime blowup by a player wanting his team to do better. Even after the win he was ticked off and apparently his teammates, including Brady, were ticked off too, but AT RANDY.

The Dolphins reporters didn't know what to make of it at the time, but after this it became clear.

This was discussed on the air around 5PM on WQAM 560.

Interesting tidbit, thanks for posting.

I was a little concerned when the camera kept cutting to Moss on the sidelines looking like a blank-faced statue and he was nowhere to be found when Brady was slapping hands with his teammates celebrating the win. It was very, very telling.

Interesting tidbit, thanks for posting.

I was a little concerned when the camera kept cutting to Moss on the sidelines looking like a blank-faced statue and he was nowhere to be found when Brady was slapping hands with his teammates celebrating the win. It was very, very telling.

Noticed that too, but I didn't want to read to much into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents