PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Jack Jones and Jake Bailey moved to "Reserve/Suspended"

E889yULXEAQ4xME

Good lord.

Bailey says “I tried to start something new and be part of the program…”

Clearly takes responsibility for it himself, not blaming anyone else.

and from that we somehow get this interpretation that the training staff is ruining everybody?

WTF?

If that story about the squats is true - it only backs up the conflict that Brady had with BB and Pats EXTREME OLD SCHOOL philosophies of physiology and athletics. But seriously, does a punter need to squat as the only way to build muscle or improve punt distance?
Squats probably harmed Gronk also
That's an expensive training staff we've got if they're wrecking high priced skill players with dumb training regimens.

Squats are a great workout. Probably the best single lifting exercise to destroy your knees. Is this now disputed?

The green is Belichick’s; the blue weights are what Mayo uses in his squats.

fify

04AEB82A-F62E-423B-90DC-CFCFCA02E3B7.jpeg

Edit: posted this in the wrong thread but I guess it works here too?

Last edited:
Squats are a great workout. Probably the best single lifting exercise. Is this now disputed?

Squats as an exercise are indeed superb. The issue is the workout into which they are incorporated and the performance requirements of the workout-ee. For example, trying to turn Bailey into Tom Platz and then sending him out 3-4 days later to punt is maybe not the best application of the exercise. It sounds to me like the strength and conditioning program might be aimed more at achieving PRs than at functional strength.

Squats as an exercise are indeed superb. The issue is the workout into which they are incorporated and the performance requirements of the workout-ee. For example, trying to turn Bailey into Tom Platz and then sending him out 3-4 days later to punt is maybe not the best application of the exercise. It sounds to me like the strength and conditioning program might be aimed more at achieving PRs than at functional strength.
You have no idea whether the strength and conditioning program had anything to do with this, or if Jake Bailey was freelancing to be be one of the guys.

Your comments are pure projection on your part.

Squats are a great workout. Probably the best single lifting exercise. Is this now disputed?

Squats and deadlifts are amazing exercises that work a ton of different muscle groups, especially the legs

Decisive win for the Patriots, while Bailey loses a hair under $1M between the two week suspension and the difference between his previously guaranteed salary and what he got from the Dolphins.

There are some really silly posts in here from people who couldn’t understand how maybe Bailey’s agent wasn’t telling the whole truth. We never heard the team’s side of things beyond Reiss’ vague “differing views on his readiness to return to action,” but clearly it was a valid suspension.

They don't give any details how it was resolved or if it affects Patriots cap

I read Bailey dropped his grievance. So the Pats released Bailey. Looks like Bailey got paid and did something outside the rules. We will never know what, but since Bailey dropped the grievance I assume he was going to lose and knew it, so he pulled out.

Bailey & his agent may have also used the grievance to force the Pats to cut him. I don't believe that they can cut someone with an open grievance, so maybe they used this to force it.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back