PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: How did the Belichick-Kraft Patriots partnership end?

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

As a result, the latitude Kraft afforded Belichick has slowly eroded since Brady's departure, with one notable example coming last offseason when the team announced that top defensive assistant Jerod Mayo was negotiating a contract to remain with the franchise long term.

Multiple sources familiar with Belichick's thinking relayed that he was uneasy with Kraft empowering Mayo that way -- positioning him as the heir apparent and creating a dynamic that potentially undercut Belichick's authority and team culture.

Team sources described the relationship between Belichick and Mayo -- a 2008 first-round pick of the franchise, whom Belichick had recruited to the coaching staff in 2019 -- as more distant this season than it had previously been.
Basically BB was a lame duck coach for the yr and Mayo was likely Curran's source.

Basically BB was a lame duck coach for the yr and Mayo was likely Curran's source.
If true, Mayo just invited the same kind of underhanded gossip into his own camp. He'd better really clean house. Loyalty isn't truly given to disloyal people.

If true, Mayo just invited the same kind of underhanded gossip into his own camp. He'd better really clean house. Loyalty isn't truly given to disloyal people.
He didn't *invite* it, he was *the* gossiper.
This has all been orchestrated since Mayo left 'Quick Slants' and took the job on the Patriots staff. Curran knew very well how to work the media piece, and Mayo worked his.

He didn't *invite* it, he was *the* gossiper.
This has all been orchestrated since Mayo left 'Quick Slants' and took the job on the Patriots staff. Curran knew very well how to work the media piece, and Mayo worked his.
I'm talking about future coaches under Mayo dishing info that may not be so favorable to reporters of their liking. Mayo is inviting the same act.
What goes around comes around.
I'm fully aware of the BS Curran and Mayo collaborated on.

Sources familiar with Belichick's thinking relayed that he believed the Patricia-led offense had been making strides, so while he was willing to go along with a new hire and has since lauded O'Brien as a coach, he wasn't the primary driver of the switch.

Enough said.

Lame duck, not really. If BB went to the playoffs or had a solid winning record he'd still be head coach and mayo would have to wait.

GDmQvneXEAAqmK1

I remember part of Robert's falling out with Parcells had to do with Jonathan. Jonathan wanted to sit in on meetings and have a rapport with the Tuna who thought as an employee of his Father had no obligations to entertain his adult son. Jonathan might be the brightest bulb in Brookline, but he's got some insecurities that need to be dealt with. I hope Mayo still carries that bat

Jerod Mayo is Jim Tomsula.

I guess the most interesting thing to wait for is if BB's career outlives Bob, and it falls to Jonathan to induct him into the Pats HOF, shower him with accolades, statues, etc.

You expect for a "source" to confirm he farted?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
I don’t expect “proof” to be a parody video inserting sounds.
“Absolutely” means you are offering definitive proof.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back