PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Regular Season schedule prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win @ Miami we go 19-0, boys

If Brady avoids cliffs:
14-2, possible losses to Miami in Sept, @ Ravens, or @ Texans.
But my obsessive fangirl side also believes
depending on health, we could even go 16-0.
(Honestly- I always think we are capable of winning every game...except Miami is cursed)

If I go conservative and say 11-5, will I be a Debbie Downer? :cool:

I wanted to wait until the fourth preseason game was done and the roster looked a little more set. I did pretty well with 2018, and hoping for more of the same here since I'm predicting another SB win.

I've got 13-3, #1 seed

Vs PIT. W
@Mia. L
Vs NYJ. W
@BUF. W
@WSH. L (annual headscratcher loss)
Vs NYG. W
@NYJ. W
Vs CLE. W
@BAL. W
@PHI. L
Vs DAL. W
@HOU W
Vs KC W
@CIN. W
Vs BUF. W
Vs MIA. W

AFC Wild Card
LA Chargers def Pittsburgh
Kansas City def Baltimore

NFC Wild Card
New Orleans def Carolina
Philadelphia def LA Rams

AFC Divisional
New England def LA Chargers
Tennessee def Kansas City

NFC Divisional
Chicago def New Orleans
Dallas def Philadelphia

AFC Championship
New England def Tennessee

NFC Championship
Chicago def Dallas

Super Bowl LIV
New England def Chicago (REVENGE!)

Notes/hawt taeks:
1. Cleveland won't be the hot **** everyone is predicting. Somehow Pittsburgh and Baltimore will find ways to beat the collection of talent up in Cleveland.
2. Houston won't make the playoffs. Like Indy, they feasted on soft teams to make the playoffs last year.
3. Tennessee, by default, will be the best team in the AFC South, but they'll round into form enough to be a tough playoff out.
4. Kansas City will take a bit of a step back this year. The defense is terrible and opponents will figure out that offense. Goodell can save Tyreek, but he won't be enough to get them the bye.
5. I kinda crapshot the NFC. Chicago with a decent defense and enough offensive pieces should be enough to get them a #1. LA Rams will suffer like KC will suffer, but maybe worse since the blueprint is truly out there.

We have a really well rounded team this year. I don’t see us losing any games.

I don't want to sound ****y, but I really like the OVER bet on the Pats at 11.5. I always look at how many tough road games they have as an indicator of hard their schedule is. In essence, I'll rank their out-of-division opponents in order of perceived difficulty, demonstrating why I like this schedule:

1. Kansas City - HOME
2. Philadelphia - AWAY
3. Pittsburgh - HOME
4. Dallas - HOME
5. Baltimore - AWAY
6. Cleveland - HOME
7. Houston - AWAY
8. Giants- HOME
9. Redskins - AWAY
10. Bengals - AWAY

You might even swap Baltimore and Cleveland, which would put four of our five toughest games at Gillette (which is the best home field advantage in professional sports by winning pct.) Yes, I realize that last year they lost a handful of "gimmie" road games, but that is really an anomaly.

Also of note that I'd much rather play the Giants at home with the history of them playing up to competition, the Pats have never had much difficulty in Houston, and finally it's historically much better to play at Miami earlier than later.

Most of our home games are against the tougher opponents and away games against the weaker ones. I think this schedule bodes very well for 12+wins. I'd say 13-3, but that number seems to be cursed. Finished 13-3 twice and both ended with SB losses.

Notes/hawt taeks:
1. Cleveland won't be the hot **** everyone is predicting. Somehow Pittsburgh and Baltimore will find ways to beat the collection of talent up in Cleveland.
2. Houston won't make the playoffs. Like Indy, they feasted on soft teams to make the playoffs last year.
4. Kansas City will take a bit of a step back this year. The defense is terrible and opponents will figure out that offense. Goodell can save Tyreek, but he won't be enough to get them the bye.

I like all three of these points, other than that Houston still may win the division despite being a mediocre team. That division is probably the worst in football now that Luck is gone. Any of those teams could conceivably win it.

Totally agree about Cleveland. Fully expecting a total face plant, and I think the offseason frenzy has been laughable. Pittsburgh and Baltimore must be so motivated to put the Brownies in their little place as usual.

KC signed Frank Clark to a $21M/year, 105M total contract!!!!! What on the f'ing earth is this team thinking when they need a total rebuild of that defense? 21 Million to get a pass rusher to replace their old pass rusher (Ford) who did nothing to keep them from being horrible? I keep harping on how these edge rushers are so, so overpaid, and I think KC will be even worse than last year. Other than magic fairy dust talk from the media and some real Kool-Aid drinking about a new DC, I see a bottom 5 defense again.

@Miami and @Philly only losses.

19-0 because that would he the ice pick in the heart of the rest of the league

19-0 and screw the Jets.

and I think KC will be even worse than last year. Other than magic fairy dust talk from the media and some real Kool-Aid drinking about a new DC, I see a bottom 5 defense again.
I hear people say their defense can’t get any worse. No, actually they can and they look terrible on paper. Spags has been exposed since he couldn’t take Strahan, Tuck and Umenyiora with him.

Chiefs will be the 2000 Rams. They will be forced to win shootouts.

Pittsburgh - loss
At Miami - loss
Jets - win
At buffalo - win
At Washington - win
Giants - win
At jets - win
Cleveland - win
At Baltimore - loss
At philly - loss
Dallas - loss
At Houston - loss
Kc - loss
At Cincy - win
Buffalo - win
Miami - win

We win the afc east at 9 and 7.

Pittsburgh - loss
At Miami - loss
Jets - win
At buffalo - win
At Washington - win
Giants - win
At jets - win
Cleveland - win
At Baltimore - loss
At philly - loss
Dallas - loss
At Houston - loss
Kc - loss
At Cincy - win
Buffalo - win
Miami - win

We win the afc east at 9 and 7.

The day Jason Garrett can go toe to toe with BB will also be the day pigs fly.

If we can beat Pittsburgh, we have 6 very winnable games after that. But I fear the trip to hell (Miami). I believe the team is affected by the weather down there. If I were BB, I'd ly down Thursday before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News