PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**** reggie wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol and we always talk about how ESPN is out to get us. But look there and listen at around 11:35 what he said. Basically calling it a bunch of BS and saying how Brady's giving the middle finger to the NFL.

It's crazy, but most of the rhetoric I've seen from ESPN and FS1 is all very positive on Brady right now (outside a couple idiots but they seem to be a minority) and NFLN here is the only ones stupid enough to keep on babbling on about claiming he cheated.

I still say **** ESPN for their part in all of it, but it's no coincidence to me that the NFLN, the network with the NFL's hands shoved miles up their asses, is the only network that still has a bunch of analysts on there talking about how Brady cheated. Even most of the ESPN analysts have moved on. And that's pretty telling.
NFL's league office seems to have taken it upon itself to hold a grudge match against Brady. I am presuming that this is Brady's punishment for not immediately accepting whatever charges and punishment Goodell and his cronies decided upon, perhaps as part of a half-****ed revenge plot, or perhaps to discourage future players from fighting back against the league's charges. Of course, pursuing this is a terrible idea, because Brady is the NFL's biggest star, and there isn't even anyone in second place with Peyton retired, Brees on a mediocre team, and Rodgers underperforming. But Goodell and the NFL owners apparently have a really personal grudge against Brady, and are choosing to manage the league's resources in a way that advances that grudge rather than one that advances their own financial interests. That seems insane to me, but I guess that's why I'm not getting paid tens of millions of dollars a year to make these decisions, right?

On the other hand, ESPN doesn't have any continuing vested interest in continuing to knock Brady, because whatever negative relationship ESPN had with Brady was never personal. They have a bias, sure, but unlike the rest of this board, I don't think that they have a clear anti-Patriots bias at the organizational level, even if they do happen to have some obviously biased Jets fans running their social media and a broader pro-league bias affecting their editing decisions. But independent of those two biases, I believe that what contributed the most to the anti-Brady coverage in 2014 to 2016 is that ESPN has a clear organizational level clicks and views bias: they pursue stories that will get them a lot of attention in order to milk ratings, because that's what TV networks do. They pursued the "Brady is a cheater" narrative over the course of the last couple years to drive clicks and views. I'm not happy about that, but it probably did make short term sense for them, because it gave them an ongoing story they got to cover that drove major national interest. But now that story has played out and the content is running dry, so unlike the NFL which is still caught up in its weird personal vendetta against Brady, ESPN is pursuing a "Brady is the GOAT" narrative to drive clicks and views, for the same reason it drove the anti-Brady stories the previous two years. ESPN knows that its viewers realize there is one star burning brightest in the NFL right now, so the obvious thing isn't to keep bashing him in order to make him look bad compared to other players currently in the league, but to build him up and compare him to the stars of years past so that viewers can tune in to an interesting national discussion.

Reggie Wayne and Eric Davis(former 49ers CB) were having a discussion about rivalry a month ago. And they both said getting beat by the Patriots and Cowboys over and over did not make it a rivalry. Sounds like Reggie understood he was the Patriots' b*tch and he's bitter about it.

At least Wayne had a great career as a player, can't knock him for that. But put him in the same camp as Chris Simms as guys who came to Foxboro and "just didn't fit in".

Just watching nfl network right now and they are having a segment on whether Brady is having a MVP season or not. Wayne straight up called brady a cheater etc. why do i even bother with sports media

Good question. Why?

Agreed, and the only way to overcome it is to prove to everyone that it never mattered in the first place. A few MVP's and Superbowl win or two will shut them up quite nicely.

Just watching nfl network right now and they are having a segment on whether Brady is having a MVP season or not. Wayne straight up called brady a cheater etc. why do i even bother with sports media
Found your problem. :)

On the other hand, ESPN doesn't have any continuing vested interest in continuing to knock Brady, because whatever negative relationship ESPN had with Brady was never personal.

Their ratings are sinking like a stone and they have to pay the NFL a fortune to broadcast games. They will do whatever the NFL instructs them to do.

Their ratings are sinking like a stone and they have to pay the NFL a fortune to broadcast games. They will do whatever the NFL instructs them to do.
Not to say I disagree -- in fact, I even brought up a pro-NFL bias as one of the driving forces that tinted ESPN's coverage of ball deflation accusations, and there is evidence that ESPN was motivated to suppress staff criticism of Goodell and the league office in order to maintain a good business relationship with the NFL. But at this point, considering Brady is getting mostly positive coverage commensurate with his performance right now, there isn't really any evidence that the NFL league office is applying pressure on ESPN to cover Brady negatively right now.

Keep in mind, I'm not arguing that ESPN has been unbiased or fair. I'm just arguing that they're acting in their own financial self-interest and that their behavior can be explained by their acting like a business, which is not something I would say about the NFL itself.

I don't blame Reggie Wayne for saying this, Skip Bayless proved that saying stupid things that provoke massive reactions make you more money and give you a better career than just being a good football analyst.

You can literally make a career out of trolling Patriots fans.

Getting outraged is giving him exactly what he wants.

I tried to think of something clever to say, but got nothing so all I have to say to Reggie is: Ok.

Maybe he is bitter cause he was treated as "just a player" in his short stint here
some guys love it and some guys cant stand it

I will never understand the need for people to get all bent out of shape every time one of these bitter losers who we dominated (Like Wayne and Marshal Faulk) says something stupid. Stupid people are going to say stupid things. So what? All he did was identify himself as an absolute imbecile.

This news is right up there for me with who Taylor Swift is dating this month. Completely irrelevant. Anybody with an IQ north of 85 knows Brady didn't "cheat". That's all that matters.

Oh you don't want that. He says he can't be MVP because it would validate "cheating". I taped it, and am watching right now. Keeps saying cheating, no matter if he did it or not, he was found guilty. Keeps railing on and on. 2 agree, 2 don't.

It was a cesspool. Proves they are still out there. Big Ben asks for his jersey, something he says he's never done before. AB posts to Instagram him a pic of him and TB12.

Reggie Wayne fleeces the Pats, and now is disrespecting the GOAT. It was hard to watch. Really was.

I don't take what these clowns say that seriously anymore since 95% of the time it's because the producers told them to argue a certain position and typically ask former players that were bent over and shown all 50 states by Brady to be the anti-pats/Brady mouth piece

But if you do take his comments at face value, then his argument is that Brady should never be allowed to win MVP ever again because he was accused of possibly letting 0.2 PSI out of some footballs

The "crime" happens over 2 seasons ago, so his argument that it "validates" cheating makes zero ****ing sense unless like I said, he actually believes that Brady should be permanently disqualified from MVP candidacy for the rest of his career.. if he actually does believe that they he's a ****ing disgraceful POS that has no sense of honor or dignity..

You never see Brady disrespect opponents past or present, he respects the game and the players that play in it.. but these ass clowns like Reggie Wayne just have no sense of honor or respect unless it fits perfectly into their own self absorbed narrative

He battled with Wayne for like 15 years in some epic rivalry games and if you asked BB or Brady what they thought of Reggie wayne, they would go on and on about what a great, hall of fame player he was and how much respect they have for him. . I'm sure there are actual quotes out there from them when Wayne signed with the Pats for a week.. but Wayne in return just ****s all over Brady in the media, trying to continue to promote a cheating narrative when he knows that he's one of the greatest players and competitors of all time just to create publicity for himself and add twitter followers to jump start his weasely new career

you can tell a lot about the character of these men when they do these things and it explains a lot why the Pats were able to beat up on that soft pathetic team for so long

**** Reggie Wayne... I had a ton of respect for him until he decided to be a ****ing sellout to the media..

Absolutely disgraceful

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye