PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Unis are BACK!

They just got rid of the rule that said players had to wear one helmet all season. Since the throwbacks have a completely different helmet to the silver one they wear now, they couldn't have the red throwbacks. The first opportunity they got to bring them back, they brought them back.
Thank you @Actual Pats Fan :)

freedom GIF
I’ll admit it, you were the first damn thing I thought of when I heard the news

Back around '94 the 49ers chose to keep wearing their throwbacks all the way through the playoffs.

Don't know if that's allowed today.
I do no think so

Still not a fan of the shoulder stripes to nowhere, but it sure does beat the bejeezus belt outta the clown costumes of the last two years... or twenty...
They screwed up the shoulders. Stripes supposed to go ALL the way around full circle. The originals looked so cool.
But these " stripes to nowhere" as you astutely noted captain are goofy.
But I agree it's still improvement over some of the crap Krafty has foisted on us last few years. Helmet is awesome

Let's hope the 2022 Patriots don't lose while wearing those historically incorrect red-and-white monstrosities. Otherwise, it'll be too much like "old times." :cool:

I’m a huge fan of flying Elvis and the blues. To me it personifies winning and the Patriot way. I even prefer the original 90’s blues to red. However the current blue scheme is an abomination…and it starts with those ridiculous shoulder stripes that go nowhere and apparently that’s the case with the reds.

The season can’t start soon enough.

I’m a huge fan of flying Elvis and the blues. To me it personifies winning and the Patriot way. I even prefer the original 90’s blues to red. However the current blue scheme is an abomination…and it starts with those ridiculous shoulder stripes that go nowhere and apparently that’s the case with the reds.

The season can’t start soon enough.

I like the blue jersey-blue pants combo, I think it looks intimidating and fast. Just wait 'til they trot out those very wrong red jerseys and white pants, the team will appear slower on the field.

Makes no sense patriots wearing the colors of the redcoat British. Oh well anything but the color rush pajamas.

Still not a fan of the shoulder stripes to nowhere, but it sure does beat the bejeezus belt outta the clown costumes of the last two years... or twenty...

IMO those stripes …the way they stop like that …it’s an embarrassment. I’m not a fashion expert but that looks beyond stupid.
I know. Just why? I like the term "suitcase handles." Except suitcase handles are more stylish.

The shoulder stripes on the version they are selling to the public look shorter...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back