PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell shot and killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guessing, but it probably relates to you mentioning the crazy claim that looters might target suburban neighborhoods, which traces to twitter posts by white nationalists who were pretending to be antifa members, and therefore trying to incite racial hatred.

False antifa rumors about a suburban invasion take over neighborhood social media apps
The deal is that I never mentioned claiming it as a fact. I said "feared". Then I followed up with saying he could've been a target, which police are leaning towards.

And once again, yet another hack refuses to attempt actual research into the 2006 AFCC other than the two obligatory bullet points...
I'm really getting tired of people, like this writer, blaming Caldwell thinking he had a walk in TD and assuming it would've won the game. I just watched it again confirming Brady was completely clueless going in dumb AI mode in Madden not even noticing Caldwell until he was 5 steps into his drop back. The throw wasn't great and Bethea was running towards him. The pass was 3 yards over the LOS. Maybe he makes Bethea miss, but is wasn't a walk in TD.

Brady does not take enough heat for this blunder.

Here's the play time stamped:

Last edited:
I always appreciated Reche Caldwell. He stepped up big time and performed beyond expectations — from my perspective at least. So sad. RIP.

@Tony2046 care to elaborate on your “what!”?

I'm really getting tired of people, like this writer, blaming Caldwell thinking he had a walk in TD and assuming it would've won the game. I just watched it again confirming Brady was completely clueless going in dumb AI mode in Madden not even noticing Caldwell until he was 5 steps into his drop back. The throw wasn't great and Bethea was running towards him. The pass was 3 yards over the LOS. Maybe he makes Bethea miss, but is wasn't a walk in TD.

Brady does not take enough heat for this blunder.

Here's the play time stamped:

And the other drop didn't matter, because the Pats scored a TD on the very next play anyway.

Last edited:
Wow, just so sad!!

I always appreciated Reche Caldwell. He stepped up big time and performed beyond expectations — from my perspective at least. So sad. RIP.
That is my memory of him.

And once again, yet another hack refuses to attempt actual research into the 2006 AFCC other than the two obligatory bullet points...

That's a pretty good article. They talk about how that dropped pass haunted him but it also demonstrated his character. He seemed like a good guy who made a couple of big mistakes but also took full ownership of them. Anyway I hope he can rest in peace now.

No not really. Nothing wrong with the pass. Maybe not a touchdown. He dropped a very catchable pass. Pretty straight forward.
Looks like you’re missing the point.

So Brady is not at fault for not looking at him while walking to the LOS and under center, but 5 steps in his drop back?

Caldwell dropping a 3 yard pass facing Brady with Bethea running towards him would’ve resulted in a touch down?

Got it.

This post was to show his criminal past, his drug dealing which surely is the cause of his execution. It was written while he was in a white collar cupcake prison. Maybe read the article before attacking the poster.

Caldwell was heavily involved in both drug dealing and illegal gambling, both are about the only two businesses left that still deal only in cash which makes you a target for criminals. Lets face it if you robbed a liquor store now, you would be lucky if the till had $100 in it. Hardly anyone uses cash now, so the soft targets for criminals have dried up.

So my post had nothing to do with the 2006 AFC Championship game (the loss I blame squarely on the refs for that phantom OPI call on Troy Brown late in the first half).

The point I was trying to make is that if you get involved with drug dealing, everyone you deal with is a criminal. So sooner or later you are going to run into one who will kill you for your drugs, money, or "just because".

Looks like you’re missing the point.

So Brady is not at fault for not looking at him while walking to the LOS and under center, but 5 steps in his drop back?

Caldwell dropping a 3 yard pass facing Brady with Bethea running towards him would’ve resulted in a touch down?

Got it.

I'll go gobble up some shrooms and see if your post then makes any sense.

I met him a couple times and he was always a super nice guy. Seemed happy and easy going so I always found it odd that he seemed to find trouble the way he did. I will always remember that strange article that SI (I think) wrote about him a couple years ago about his bumbling attempts at being a criminal. It just stuck out as such an odd story that almost seemed to poke fun at some of his issues.

@TheRainMaker Care to explain why you did not respond to this with a “maybe not” reaction? Hmmmm?
Because I don’t do drive by ratings without any explanation on what I disagree on.

I'll go gobble up some shrooms and see if your post then makes any sense.
It makes plenty of sense.

Brady doesn’t look at Caldwell once since breaking the huddle until he’s dropping back to pass.

I’m not saying that if Brady had noticed him right away, Caldwell would’ve caught it.

Yes, Brady’s pass was catchable, but it wasn’t a guarantee Caldwell was walking into the end zone with Bethea now near and won the game which is the narrative.

Last edited:
So my post had nothing to do with the 2006 AFC Championship game (the loss I blame squarely on the refs for that phantom OPI call on Troy Brown late in the first half).
They lost the game for more reasons then that.

This post was to show his criminal past, his drug dealing which surely is the cause of his execution. It was written while he was in a white collar cupcake prison. Maybe read the article before attacking the poster.

Caldwell was heavily involved in both drug dealing and illegal gambling, both are about the only two businesses left that still deal only in cash which makes you a target for criminals. Lets face it if you robbed a liquor store now, you would be lucky if the till had $100 in it. Hardly anyone uses cash now, so the soft targets for criminals have dried up.

The point I was trying to make is that if you get involved with drug dealing, everyone you deal with is a criminal. So sooner or later you are going to run into one who will kill you for your drugs, money, or "just because".
Not sure what this post has to do with the quoted post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back