PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

They were together 20+ years, you know how hard that is in professional football with all the egos involved. That it blew up in the end is no surprise, that they kept it together as long as they did is a miracle. Most of it had to do with Tom and his personality, but BB was and is a great coach even with all his flaws. No other team had done what they did, Tom Landy didn't, Shula didn't, they won 6 together and that's what I'll take from the last 20+ years. The ******** that happened was inevitable and I don't care.
Agree and that's where Kraft is right. He's the one that kept them together that long. Long enough to squeeze out that 6th SB right before the end.

Did we not give up 30 points in the AFCC? It was pure luck we came up against a HC that was not ready with a QB that lost confidence.
Yes, we did. But nonetheless, BB seemed to buy into the idea that he could repeat what he and the defense did in the Super Bowl in order to win instead of giving Brady enough weapons to do what he did against KC in the AFCC game

There's a huge difference between being hard or soft on players and committing football suicide in the last moment of a long season.

His SB 52 benching of Malcolm Butler was not "in the best interests of the team". Period.

It was selfish on his part - - Amendola's words in that documentary are an understatement if anything.
I don't take Amendola's word for anything and never have, since he's been at it for many years now.

Slater said he trusted the coach on this one.

And yes, given the stuff that's happened before Super Bowls in the past for other teams, you'd think players wouldn't mess up before the big game, but instead it happened constantly.

Did we not give up 30 points in the AFCC? It was pure luck we came up against a HC that was not ready with a QB that lost confidence.
Pure luck is a ridiculous statement. That team and Coach would go on to win a SB so it's not like they were just some fluke team they were playing in the first of 2 SBs. Bill came up with great game plan and beat an excellent young coach and team.

I'm aware we are not in court but that's still where society goes to settle disputes so using the general practices of court like innocent until proven guilty seems reasonable to me. Rather than some kangaroo court.

Maybe you think he got benched for no reason at all? Not sure how you can decide if the benching was just if you don't know why it happened. Other than jumping to conclusions.
It was the Super Bowl.

I mean... the only valid reasons I can think of justify benching his best tackling corner for an entire Super Bowl are if the team discovered he was another Aaron Hernandez or if he was doing something on behalf of the team that would cause another -gate scandal. Barring those unlikely events the Super Bowl is not the time for BB to flex his power and send a message to his team knowing guys like Jordan Richards and Eric Rowe aren't up to the taslk and watching them prove it. That to me is not "best for the football team".

It was the Super Bowl.

I mean... the only valid reasons I can think of justify benching his best tackling corner and Super Bowl hero for an entire Super Bowl are if the team discovered he was another Aaron Hernandez or if he was doing something on behalf of the team that would cause another -gate scandal. Barring those unlikely events it just wasn't the time for BB to flex his power as HC by keeping Butler on the bench the entire game while watching guys like Jordan Richards and Eric Rowe prove they weren't up to the task. That to me is not "best for the football team".
I don't want to start guessing alternative possibilities anymore than I think "valid reasons I can think of justify benching" matters.

Let's just say there have been other key players in various other SBs that missed games for various reasons some of them personal and I bet one or two of them would have appreciated if their coach could have kept things in house the way Bill did. That's not to say any of those things is what occurred just as a counterpoint to your valid reasons.

Yes, we did. But nonetheless, BB seemed to buy into the idea that he could repeat what he and the defense did in the Super Bowl in order to win instead of giving Brady enough weapons to do what he did against KC in the AFCC game
We actually gave up picks for Demaryious Thomas, traded for Phillip Dorsett, brought on Josh Gordon, picks for Antonio Brown, a 2nd rounder for Mohamed Sanu, we used our first on N'Keal Harry, and we still had Julian Edelman!

If this is what is deemed as coach doesn't care about giving his QB weapons, I hate to be in Mayo's shoes this year.

Not only did all of these WRs flame out, and Edelman got hurt, but we wasted an incredible amount of resources trying to run it back one last time by bringing in Veterans.

And even worse, we had 4 starters on our offensive line get injured, and as if that wasn't enough, the two backup tackles also got injured.

Sometimes you try things in the NFL and it's just not your year.

Top 11 offense in NFL history.

Pure luck.

You don't deserve to be a Patriot fan.

You are the gatekeeper of fandom now?
Hell yeah. I mean, you've already posted before that you would've wanted him fired EVEN if that meant they didn't win the Super Bowl the next year.

Hell yeah. I mean, you've already posted before that you would've wanted him fired EVEN if that meant they didn't win the Super Bowl the next year.
Delusional thoughts are unhealthy. Take a deep breath.

We actually gave up picks for Demaryious Thomas, traded for Phillip Dorsett, brought on Josh Gordon, picks for Antonio Brown, a 2nd rounder for Mohamed Sanu, we used our first on N'Keal Harry, and we still had Julian Edelman!

If this is what is deemed as coach doesn't care about giving his QB weapons, I hate to be in Mayo's shoes this year.

Not only did all of these WRs flame out, and Edelman got hurt, but we wasted an incredible amount of resources trying to run it back one last time by bringing in Veterans.

And even worse, we had 4 starters on our offensive line get injured, and as if that wasn't enough, the two backup tackles also got injured.

Yes, most of these were ridiculous additions. Throwing darts at the wall. Most were relatively cheap. Thomas was done, Dorsett nothing special, Gordon done and a head case. Sand was another guy super slow, but had a good game against the Pats so let’s go get him. Brown was a desperation headcase picked up in September when all the other garbage options failed. Steelers were fed up and traded to the raiders and they were so fed up with his antics they cut him shortly signing him. There was no plan going into 2019 to give Brady legit weapons. It was all just throwing thing at the wall and hoping something would stick. None did.

spiderman-crying.gif

Yes, most of these were ridiculous additions. Throwing darts at the wall. Most were relatively cheap. Thomas was done, Dorsett nothing special, Gordon done and a head case. Sand was another guy super slow, but had a good game against the Pats so let’s go get him. Brown was a desperation headcase picked up in September when all the other garbage options failed. Steelers were fed up and traded to the raiders and they were so fed up with his antics they cut him shortly signing him. There was no plan going into 2019 to give Brady legit weapons. It was all just throwing thing at the wall and hoping something would stick. None did.
Wait until you hear his excuses for having the worse receivers room in 2020, '21, '22, and '23.

It's going to be a long night, folks.

If I give you a box full of **** as a gift does that count as giving you a gift?

It was a bunch of panic moves. Never understood why Thomas got cut so quickly though. I thought he had something to give still.

Pure luck is a ridiculous statement. That team and Coach would go on to win a SB so it's not like they were just some fluke team they were playing in the first of 2 SBs. Bill came up with great game plan and beat an excellent young coach and team.
Yea a little over the top I admit. But people love to pretend like we held every team to 13 points when we gave up 30 in the game before.

The Rams played that game scared though which was obvious. It had a lot to do with our defense but also them being there for the 1st time.

They were together 20+ years, you know how hard that is in professional football with all the egos involved. That it blew up in the end is no surprise, that they kept it together as long as they did is a miracle. Most of it had to do with Tom and his personality, but BB was and is a great coach even with all his flaws. No other team had done what they did, Tom Landy didn't, Shula didn't, they won 6 together and that's what I'll take from the last 20+ years. The ******** that happened was inevitable and I don't care.
This always sounded like a hollow statement Kraft made to feel better and give fans an excuse to feel better.

The facts is Bill became delusional in his old age and got rid of Brady. It's that simple.

Question: Why has Malcolm Butler stayed silent on the reason for benching even after retirement?
If BB did Malcolm wrong, I would think Malcolm would have spoken out about it after his Patriots career was over.
I suspect Malcom must be embarrassed by the issue and is it possible that BB is doing Malcolm a favor by staying silent on the issue?

Still very surprised that Kraft dissed Bill on "Dynasty" like he did

Yea a little over the top I admit. But people love to pretend like we held every team to 13 points when we gave up 30 in the game before.

The Rams played that game scared though which was obvious. It had a lot to do with our defense but also them being there for the 1st time.
We didn't gain that experience by pure luck we had been there several times so we were more prepared.

And pointing to one game and asking why they scored 30 isn't fair to what that D did all year and in the SB. People say the same thing about letting the Panthers score 30 in SB38 and IMO that was the best Patriots D of all time. Sometimes weird things happen.

This always sounded like a hollow statement Kraft made to feel better and give fans an excuse to feel better.

The facts is Bill became delusional in his old age and got rid of Brady. It's that simple.
You are delusional. Brady was 42 going on 43 when he left and had Brady not forced them to a no franchise tag Bill probably would have used it to keep him thru age 43. Bill was wrong not to give him the deal he wanted thru 45 but you are again way over the top to call him delusional due to old age because of it.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back