PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Slater: “I personally thought it was very hypocritical. The Patriot Way, it starts with respecting the men you work alongside and trying to put the team first. I mean that’s the foundation of this place. I just don’t think he was connected enough with his players at the time to realize that that was going to have an impact on the locker room.”

Poor @upstater all of his "theories " and "realities " exposed for what they are, utter falsehoods and bull ****.

Poor @upstater all of his "theories " and "realities " exposed for what they are, utter falsehoods and bull ****.
We had multiple posters on here who whenever anyone would talk about issues between Bill and Tom or the benching of Butler that is was all untrue and media driven. The big bad media.

A lot of these posters should be eating crow now that the players and owner have publicly confirmed what many of us were talking about. Andy must have cried watching this series.

Too bad Bill didn’t want to open up for this series. That was the biggest negative of the whole thing.
Obviously and hopefully some day somehow he will but I also thought some of those moments where they asked him stuff and he just stared back or said he already covered it was gold.

"you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall"

2019 season was ignored.

My only tidbit of information in all this was that Kraft reinstalled Guerrero as Brady demanded, and this more than anything is what pissed Belichick off and lead to the end.

If not for the Guerrero saga, I don't think 2018 and 2019 would have so much rancor.

We had multiple posters on here who whenever anyone would talk about issues between Bill and Tom or the benching of Butler that is was all untrue and media driven. The big bad media.

A lot of these posters should be eating crow now that the players and owner have publicly confirmed what many of us were talking about. Andy must have cried watching this series.
WHat did they confirm? Nothing new came out. Butler doesn't know, no one knows. Players were always saying they don't know. Nothing new came out.

Obviously and hopefully some day somehow he will but I also thought some of those moments where they asked him stuff and he just stared back or said he already covered it was gold.

"you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall"
I see absolutely no reason why he would ever open up. He'd look as foolish as Kraft looks right now if he did.

2019 season was ignored.

My only tidbit of information in all this was that Kraft reinstalled Guerrero as Brady demanded, and this more than anything is what pissed Belichick off and lead to the end.

If not for the Guerrero saga, I don't think 2018 and 2019 would have so much rancor.
Did you watch? Pretty obvious from the players and owner the 2017 season and especially the Butler benching was a huge issue for them. You had players and the owner saying that Bill treated Brady like ****. And you’re ignoring all that and putting it on Guerrero? WTF??

Well, yeah, but I mean he changed in his grumpiness. Look at the footage ... He's telling them they suck after winning the AFCCG. That's not a good look IMO. He didn't act like that earlier in the run. I think as he got older, he got even more set in his ways, to your point. He knew being a **** worked so that's what he did all the time, and he knew what he had.

Look how differently he treated Cam. He pumped his tires often, to coin a phrase. I am sure part of that was because he agree to play for a pittance, in NFL terms, but it was 180 degrees from how he treated Brady.
IIRC Belichick changed his approach with Randy Moss back in 2007 as well. Pumping his tires constantly (Moss deserved the accolades. But BB clearly treated other players who also deserved them differently).

WHat did they confirm? Nothing new came out. Butler doesn't know, no one knows. Players were always saying they don't know. Nothing new came out.
Nothing new came out? Did you sleep through the episode?

- Kraft said there was a personal issue between Bill and Butler. That is pretty damn huge. That’s straight from the owner.

- Kraft said Bill put himself above the team and blames him for the loss. That also is pretty damn huge.

- The players went on record about how pissed they were. McCourty, Slater, Amendola. While we had heard rumblings from players before, it was nothing like this. They put that loss on Bill.

We had heard rumours Butler was sick, he didn’t practice well, his head wasn’t in it. All that looks to be BS once you hear the owner say it was a personal issue between Bill and Butler.

That was a fantastic series, warts and all. A lot of great insight. I'm glad it ended on a positive note. What a ride.

What came out is what a lot of us have been saying, it was personal, not football related. Kraft confirmed it.

Really enjoyed a lot of this. Got pretty emotional at times. We had it so good!

Still, I really hope we get one more retrospective someday, one where Bill is driving the narrative and not looking like he's answering questions at gunpoint.

Too bad Bill didn’t want to open up for this series. That was the biggest negative of the whole thing.
The problem was it was filmed while he still was the HC so the the timing was bad.

I think he would have been probably a little more open if that was filmed let’s say 2-3 years after he retired.

Watching that final episode it does appear like whatever tension and animosity there was between Brady and Belichick the last 3-4 years of the run, both were able to put this behind them without any real hard feelings left, seeing both of them get a bit emotional (well, in Bill's case very subtle) talking about the end. Their private meeting after the Bucs' visit in 2021 seemed to have really amended whatever issues there were. Same can't be said for Robert Kraft. I find it amusing how often throughout these episodes he was taking direct and indirect shots at Belichick - all while at the time of filming Belichick was still employed by him.

In the end, it's just a relationship between competitive alpha people that ran its course after almost two decades. Brady had his special relationship with Alex Guerrero and in his final years he wanted to expand his horizons and be able to approach his job with a bit more joy, which is very relatable. On the other hand, Belichick stuck by his core principles that helped make and sustain the dynasty. Both could have approached things differently, but I don't see it necessary to search for the one at fault and apportion blame.

Think Brady captured it best. The 20-year journey was perfect, it doesn't need to be more than that in an imperfect world.

"When I hear was it Bill, was it Tom It's just.... It's disrespectful. I think it's disrespectful to every player that helped the Patriots win a championship." - Pioli

Crazy trick at the end there with smell-o-vision and the onions.
Was it Bil or was it Tom is the wrong question. They would have won multiple SB with another great coach or QB.

The proper question is who is greater? Tom answered that hands down by winning a SB without Bill. He's the Goat QB. It's undisputed.

In the meantime Bill took a step down by having a losing record before and after Brady. It's now hard to say he's the Goat coach.

Think through what you just typed. Bill benches the best DB in the SB we lost because we could not stop a cold and he did not tell anyone why.

Nobody knows why is the worst part of this. Think of the hubris. Bill was so ****ing full of himself that he did not bother to even tell people why he did it. I have no clue how Brady tolerated him for 20 years. Infuriating.

Personally this was the game that did it for me. I wanted him gone after. It was simply unforgivable.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back