PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

So far they've skipped over 3 SBs. They covered 36 and 42 in detail. Gave us 5 minutes on 38 and 39 and barely mentioned 46. Given there is 4 episodes left and a lot of drama to cover I don't suspect they are going to go very deep into the next 4 (5 counting Brady in Tampa).

also completely skipped the longest legitimate winning streak in the history of the nfl.

Wishful thinking for sure but next episode I hope it’s a total exoneration of the team. I hope NFL and ESPN personnel are put on the hot seat.

I argued with Patriot fans over at KFFL about long after Bledsoe had been traded to Buffalo. There were some diehard Bledsoe fans who bought completely into the Big Arm/#1 pick overall concept, and saw Brady as “ just a game manager,” but they conceded after the Patriotsvwon their 2nd Lombardi.
I remember the talk after Bledsoe came in and they beat Pittsburgh that a lot of people wanted Bledsoe to start and win the super bowl.

They really gave a lot of time to AHern. Kind of made the Patriots look like they were just happy to get a troubled player at a draft bargain while other teams were more discerning.
Ernie slurs his speech more than I remember.
Brady looks better at 46 than at 24.

and seifert went on to a long,glorious coaching career full of sb wins. oh wait.
coaches still read walsh's book and take things from him and other past greats.
I think there's a bit of a difference between what Seifert and Rod Rust inherited.

Brady looks better at 46 than at 24.
He looked goofy when he first came into the league. He had the Lloyd Christmas hair going on and his eyes were more squinted like his Dad. But money can certainly help in that department and his looks started changing and became a pretty desirable guy as his career went on. In particular, his hairline is way lower and has way more hair than when he first entered the league. He's the epitome of what is called on the internet "looksmax".

What were the Krafts thinking? The entire tone and timing (just after Bill's firing) of this thing is outrageous and gets worse by the week.
This was in the works well before the season was under way. There was no way to know Bill was getting fired and that they'd have a tank year.

This was in the works well before the season was under way. There was no way to know Bill was getting fired and that they'd have a tank year.
I don't think it would be received well regardless of timing - that was more of an exacerbating factor.

What were the Krafts thinking? The entire tone and timing (just after Bill's firing) of this thing is outrageous and gets worse by the week.
I don't think this will age any better either. The drama might be interesting to some on first watch but this drivel will stand out there as some definitive guide to the dynasty. Imagine rewatching this ten years from now and wondering where the episodes on the 6 titles actually went.

if fanboys want a super bowl ***********, go watch America's Game for each of the Patriots Super Bowls. the executive producer producer publicly said Dynasty was never meant to be a "history", which would be in effect a timeline. He stated unequivocally that The Dynasty is an experiment in story telling, which obviously means they needed some salacious, sensational stuff in the series and could not just regurgitate NFL films season reviews.

Overheard quote of Dynasty Episode 7: "At the end of the 2014 Super Bowl, all the knowledgeable Patriot coaches were yelling at Belichick to follow the analytics & take a timeout. But Belichick, stuck in the old ways and holding a grudge against analytics, was slow to process what was going on. It was one of the worst coaching decisions in Super Bowl history. But then Pete Carroll saved Belichick from infamy with the decision to throw the ball on second down!"

the fact it and the mayo contract were done prior to 2023 tells me bill was a lame duck last year.

I argued with Patriot fans over at KFFL about long after Bledsoe had been traded to Buffalo. There were some diehard Bledsoe fans who bought completely into the Big Arm/#1 pick overall concept, and saw Brady as “ just a game manager,” but they conceded after the Patriotsvwon their 2nd Lombardi.
I remember it exactly the same way. Bledsoe was a huge favorite with Pats fans even after they won.

if fanboys want a super bowl ***********, go watch America's Game for each of the Patriots Super Bowls. the executive producer producer publicly said Dynasty was never meant to be a "history", which would be in effect a timeline. He stated unequivocally that The Dynasty is an experiment in story telling, which obviously means they needed some salacious, sensational stuff in the series and could not just regurgitate NFL films season reviews.
Hey, what you do when you watch America's Game is your business.

I was expecting to hear and see what made the dynasty a dynasty. Instead I got story telling from outsiders with an agenda, trying to pick at any scab or create a new one. They also mismatch the timelines to draw incorrect conclusions and create a revisionist history. IOW, it's just another Hollyweird production. Enjoy.

I never got the cult of personality around Bledsoe from later in his career. How much of fading big arm/small brain guy do you need to see AFTER getting a ring with Brady?

I'm late to the thread here, and it may have been asked and answered somewhere in the 24 pages, but is there a decent way to watch this series without an Apple TV subscription?

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back