PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Just going to do some relaying of significant background: in episode 2, the defensive players are talking about how they used to go hard at Brady and insult him. It sounds like there were a bunch of jerks out there, but they make it out as though they were much tougher than Belichick could ever be. So there was a team full of old school guys out there. It wasn't just Belichick bearing down hard on you, but more importantly Ty Law, McGinest and a few others. But the worst one of all was Mike Vrabel. It makes you think about what Vrabel is like as a coach. He might actually be Belichick + in that regard.

Just going to do some relaying of significant background: in episode 2, the defensive players are talking about how they used to go hard at Brady and insult him. It sounds like there were a bunch of jerks out there, but they make it out as though they were much tougher than Belichick could ever be. So there was a team full of old school guys out there. It wasn't just Belichick bearing down hard on you, but more importantly Ty Law, McGinest and a few others. But the worst one of all was Mike Vrabel. It makes you think about what Vrabel is like as a coach. He might actually be Belichick + in that regard.
I have read somewhere the Vrabel is a real DB, don't recall where. That kind of goes along with that silly report of what an imposing man he is, and how he didn't get hired because the rich nerds were afraid of him.

Your point shows why Bill was successful early: 100% buy in. Hard assed guys coached by THE hardass. I really can't wait to see it. I am going to wait until there's more episodes out and binge it.

People dumping on Andy on his brief appearance on the docu. Blithering idiot couldn't even represent us well.

People dumping on Andy on his brief appearance on the docu. Blithering idiot couldn't even represent us well.

Interviewing a man in face paint while he tries to give his serious opinions just made me laugh lol.

Did it all change during Crygate? Or before that?
FIFY
I will say that's it's lame they are two episodes in and we aren't even into Superbowl 36 yet and episode 4 is apparently about spygate.

How are we gonna just gloss over multiple Superbowl runs in 1 episode.
The World will forever believe that the Patriots 'did something' other than a marginal, technically questionable trifling one-time violation only during the first half of the first game of a season, and that the Patriots, with at least culpable negligence on the part of Tom Brady, deliberately manipulated footballs in violation of the rules, and that the Patriots were, are, and forever will be 'cheaters'.

No facts or reality will ever change that.

The exoneration and vindication of the New England Patriots, for any period in their existence, will never occur.

Aggressive media presentation of the truth, which is unlikely, will only leave people shaking their heads, like slave era Deep Southerners presented with science, integration, etc.
I watched the first 2 episodes. Two things stood out: the level of Kraft's involvement when it came to replacing Bledsoe, and the fact that Bledsoe took his concerns to Kraft.
No, Steve Grogan never took his concerns to Billy Sullivan.
I was surprised that Kraft got that involved. In retrospect, Bledsoe was such a huge asset that it makes logical sense that Kraft would become that involved, and also that Bledsoe would feel like he'd been betrayed. It's logical unsurprising behavior that nonetheless left me surprised simply because Kraft was forthright that he didn't like the move to Brady, that Bledsoe went and complained to him, that Kraft then went to Belichick with his misgivings and told Belichick that his butt was on the line with the move. I don't want my star QB and owner doing these things, but I well understand that 99.9% of the owners would do exactly this.
This dynasty occurred largely despite several intrinsic realities endemic to the league. This story alone is so preposterous that it could legitimize the Patriots' eternal False Laughingstock Narrative all by itself.

I was appalled by the Bledsoe thing in '01. It was absurd:

Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Bledsoe has a chance to be remembered in Boston like Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Larry Bird, each having played his entire career in the city. "I remember feeling sad when Bobby Orr left," Kraft said of the NHL Hall of Famer who left Boston for Chicago near the end of his career. "I saw this as an opportunity to sign one of the great Patriots for the rest of his career."

Kraft's financial decisions that enabled buying the Patriots and keeping them here are brilliant, but he is indeed a typical dunce owner when it comes to understanding football. Kraft deserves credit for his genuine affection and determination and serious commitment to success, which led to his meeting and later hiring Bill Belichick.

Bledsoe is this revered figure in Boston sports history, he's a good guy and can throw a football. But this team was never doing anything serious with him, he had an impenetrable ceiling, he was a little better than Tony Eason but there are a dozen better quarterbacks who played for the Patriots.

The Bledsoe contingent today hates and disagrees with Belichick. They prefer what Berry did in the 80's:

Pampering and prioritizing Tony Eason's ego at all costs at the expense of the Patriots winning at the highest level in the league.

Zero titles. Zero. A nondescript, moribund franchise, with any national attention being negative thanks to local media's portrayal of them.

To repeat what I've said repeatedly before, not Drew's fault he was deified here. It's just especially disgusting given the plethora of vastly superior Patriots over the years who are treated like they either sucked or didn't exist.

The popular assertion today that the Patriots were just a sh*tshow that Brady elevated to greatness has a TON of solid, actual evidence.

Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Bledsoe has a chance to be remembered in Boston like Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Larry Bird, each having played his entire career in the city. "I remember feeling sad when Bobby Orr left," Kraft said of the NHL Hall of Famer who left Boston for Chicago near the end of his career. "I saw this as an opportunity to sign one of the great Patriots for the rest of his career."
I absolutely understand this sentiment.

But for Bledsoe? No.

For Brady, though - how could Kraft admit something like this then let the greatest QB in history walk away?

Although, it sounds like Brady wouldn't come back and play for Bill (in which case, try to mediate or just put your foot down and give Brady ANYDAMNTHING HE WANTED to finishhis career here!).

I absolutely understand this sentiment.

But for Bledsoe? No.

For Brady, though - how could Kraft admit something like this then let the greatest QB in history walk away?

Although, it sounds like Brady wouldn't come back and play for Bill (in which case, try to mediate or just put your foot down and give Brady ANYDAMNTHING HE WANTED to finishhis career here!).
Sounded like one had to go and Kraft backed the wrong guy.

I’ve heard Brady and Vrabel discuss this in the past and it didn’t take long for Brady to start giving it back, probably when he used to burn the defense.

I was always skeptical back in the day when everyone was reporting that Drew handled the demotion so well, Michael Holley has reported that when he had access to the team for his book that behind the scenes Drew wasn’t handling it so well. This sounds like it may have confirmed that.

Does Apple release one episode at a time or all of them? It sounds like one at a time.

I ask because I tuned into the Bost Sports tonight show last night that Felger and Holley host, Curran was the guest, it seemed to me that Curran and Holley have seen the entire documentary, maybe certain writers were allowed to, Felger said a few times you guys have seen it I haven’t. They brought something up that McCourty and Slater commented on something from the last few years Brady was here.

A friend sent me a picture of his TV while he was watching it and on the screen was a picture of me in the parking lot before game and said you made the documentary.

Does Apple release one episode at a time or all of them? It sounds like one at a time.

I ask because I tuned into the Bost Sports tonight show last night that Felger and Holley host, Curran was the guest, it seemed to me that Curran and Holley have seen the entire documentary, maybe certain writers were allowed to, Felger said a few times you guys have seen it I haven’t. They brought something up that McCourty and Slater commented on something from the last few years Brady was here.
They released two early this morning. Not sure if it'll be 2 per week or 1 from now on.

Interviewing a man in face paint while he tries to give his serious opinions just made me laugh lol.
That's our Andy.

Prove me wrong.

Looks like they're gonna release 2 every Friday.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back