PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raymond Clayborn Inducted into Patriots Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great I can't believe he made it.

My first reading yielded "Raymond Clayborn indicted into Patriots Hall of Fame". I thought perhaps someone had gotten the Patriots HOF confused with the Bengals HOF.

Congrats Ray! Well deserved and long overdue. One of my all-time favorite Pats. Has a good case for NFL hof, but that ship has sailed.
When Ray and Haynes we're back there, that was arguably the best cb tandem in nfl history. They're in the discussion.
I love Sey and Vrabel, they'll both get in,but props to the voters for getting this right. I voted for him

Well deserved and a long time coming!

Can't believe he beat Seymour. Well deserved, but Seymour is the superior player. And Clayborn spent 2 years in Browns to end the career and Seymour spent 4 with Raiders, so it's a wash. Not like Clayborn retired a Patriot.

Still happy with decision though. Seymour will eventually get in and it almost felt this was the last chance for Clayborn.

I only vaguely remember RayClay from the late '80s, but congrats to him. Seymour and Vrabes will get theirs soon.

So my question is this cause I wanna be sure we get the older guys in first. It seems they are taking pretty good care of that. I tried to look back (I wasn't alive for the 60s/70s) but it seems they got nearly all the big names from that time.
Not by a long shot
th
th
th
th
th
th

th
th
th

Last edited:
Effing outstanding! Saw him live return a KO for a TD against the Colts in the old Memorial Stadium in the late 70s (too bad we lost). Proud of Pats Nation.

This game was in 1977 - the Colts came from way back - and scored very late to win after a Bert Jones fumble was incorrectly ruled down. Only upside was I believe the Dolphins got knocked out of the playoffs - ain't that a shame Shula.

This game was in 1977 - the Colts came from way back - and scored very late to win after a Bert Jones fumble was incorrectly ruled down. Only upside was I believe the Dolphins got knocked out of the playoffs - ain't that a shame Shula.
The previous week, the Colts allowed the Lions to block a punt at the end and score the winning touchdown, eliminating the Patriots and giving them nothing but pride to play for.

Lions receivers coach that season was some kid, um, wore those old style headphones...
th

Really happy and LONNNNNNNNG overdue. I just want to make a shout out to Patriot Nation who got this right. It would have been very easy to pick Vrabel or Seymour, but despite the obvious easy choices, Patriot Nation made the RIGHT choice. I think it shows just how discerning and knowledgeable Pats fans are.....sometimes. ;)

great !!! compliments !!!

Next up: Julius Adams. He deserves to go in ahead of $eemore.

Seymour gave us his best years. He didn't agree to a cheaper contract/extension and so got traded a year early. That doesn't mean he deserves vitriol. How is this any different from Mankins, Ty Law, Moss, Vrabel, Deion Branch, Vince Wilfork, Wes Welker, Asante Samuels, Chandler Jones, etc. All these and many more wanted more $ than the pats would offer and they were all let go or traded. e.g. why the love for Wilfork, or Vrabel, or Jones, three other DL like Seymour, who basically took the same stance Seymour did.

Except for Vrabel and Wilfork, all of the above can wait in the back of the line too.

Congrats @RayClay longtime coming. About time Patsfans posters started to get recognized for their achievements.

Ha ha. Been away with only a phone, so I didn't chime in [fat fingers]. Of course he was the favorite I thought of when looking for a user name. Images stick in your mind and my image of Clayborn was a poor WR [good one too] trying to catch up late in the game. Even when the game was out of reach, Clayborn would not let him get an inch to breath, route after route. Finally, the guy ended up slapping at him like a frustrated little kid.

Much respect to the fans picking a deserving player pre-super bowl dynasty era. I'm a big Seymour fan and I'm sure he'll get in next year, but those 70s-80s defenses were superior, especially Clayborne with Haynes or Lippet.

Not by a long shot
th
th

Tatupu? C'mon really. HOF level, I never thought he was that good. Played his heart out, but more of a fan favorite than all pro type. Am I missing something?

Vrabel too. I'm not quite sure he's Patriots HOF level. Good player. Important cog, yes. But if those teams hadn't dominated and he wasn't another fan favorite type, the face of the D right in the middle of everything, playing during the modern BB/Pats era, he wouldn't be considered nearly as highly.

Tatupu? C'mon really. HOF level, I never thought he was that good. Played his heart out, but more of a fan favorite than all pro type. Am I missing something?

Vrabel too. I'm not quite sure he's Patriots HOF level. Good player. Important cog, yes. But if those teams hadn't dominated and he wasn't another fan favorite type, the face of the D right in the middle of everything, playing during the modern BB/Pats era, he wouldn't be considered nearly as highly.

Not even close to HOF. It's not called the hall of "we like you" for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes