PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raymond Clayborn Inducted into Patriots Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him! They really should try to honor more of the older guys first. Plenty of time to get the more recent Pats in.

Also though there is a back log of players I do wonder if they would not be better off skipping a few years here and there. 1 per year will eventual dilute the meaning of it. Not now but in maybe 30 years.

So my question is this cause I wanna be sure we get the older guys in first. It seems they are taking pretty good care of that. I tried to look back (I wasn't alive for the 60s/70s) but it seems they got nearly all the big names from that time.

(Not buying that it was such a "surprise call' with a cameraman there and all.....but I'm really happy for #26 - - well deserved!!!)

Well deserved. One of my all time favorite Patriots

Congratulations, Raymond Clayborn! You're in the Patriots Hall of Fame!

clayborn031.jpg

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/22/raymond-clayborn-elected-to-patriots-hall-of-fame/

Great player... long overdue... hats off to Ray Clay!

Seymour would have been the easier choice but he just wasn't here long enough. Ray definitely deserves this. He's before the time of the band wagon jumpers and some don't know who he is or some too young to have seen him play. He was their best corner after Mike Haynes left. Him and Lippett did alright back then with Marion and James. Of course, with Tippett (Blackmon and Veris as well) being a terror made their jobs easier.

That's f'ing awesome. I never thought he would get past Seymour.

Great job Pats fans.

Good for him! They really should try to honor more of the older guys first. Plenty of time to get the more recent Pats in.

Also though there is a back log of players I do wonder if they would not be better off skipping a few years here and there. 1 per year will eventual dilute the meaning of it. Not now but in maybe 30 years.

It won't dilute it. It will simply represent how long and how good this team has been.

Voted for him, really glad he made it. Even though we had so many great players in the last 20 years, good to see we still remember the legends from earlier times.

Seymour would have been the easier choice but he just wasn't here long enough. Ray definitely deserves this. He's before the time of the band wagon jumpers and some don't know who he is or some too young to have seen him play. He was their best corner after Mike Haynes left. Him and Lippett did alright back then with Marion and James. Of course, with Tippett (Blackmon and Veris as well) being a terror made their jobs easier.
Sey was here for 8 years. Thats long enough to be considered for Pats HoF

Sey was here for 8 years. Thats long enough to be considered for Pats HoF
If he played 3 or 4 more years here he may have gotten in before Ray. And he was considered since he was on the ballot. My vote would've gone to Ray as well. Glad to see a pre-Parcells player make it in.

If he played 3 or 4 more years here he may have gotten in before Ray. And he was considered since he was on the ballot. My vote would've gone to Ray as well. Glad to see a pre-Parcells player make it in.

I tend to agree. Especially if Sey was on the 2011 team and won it.

Real happy Ray got in. Well deserved and long overdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey