PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rap: Mayo is the new HC

That’s odd. That means a franchise can pass on HC from one white coach to the next and so on….Which would defeat the purpose of the rule.
True dat.

But remember nyjfl rules are thought up and enforced by GoToHell; so they don’t have to make sense or be consistent.

The definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
No. The strategy has worked before and worked very well. Human error is why it stopped working when the former HC got way too big for his britches and started substituting his own best interests for the best interests of the team. I like what the Krafts have done so far to get this back on track. It’s a good recipe for success.

Now, Mayo and the next QB only need be as talented and dedicated as Belichick and Brady for 6 more Lombardi trophies to come our way.

It seems very likely that Josh will come back to work for Belichick or for Mayo.

I think that we win either way. We will have an OC fully supported by the HC and by the Kraft's in either BOB or Josh.

you keep bill obrien, you keep lawson... tied at the hip they are

Yep... Still, I'd like to keep Obie and give him another year, while at the same time I'd also like to Upgrayedd the TEC position to one with a bit more...gravitas.

Yep... Still, I'd like to keep Obie and give him another year, while at the same time I'd also like to Upgrayedd the TEC position to one with a bit more...gravitas.
seems to be a winning path to a good offense when you get them humming

Thought I saw a couple posts that weren’t. I think it’s a good idea to see how he does

I’m sure there is a contingent that g fans that don’t like it, just as there are some who wish Belichick was still here. It’s never going to be 100% on anything. Belichick did a great job for most of his time here, but eventually organizations wear thin of their leaders, and it becomes time to move on, and I think this is what has happened here. Imo the Mayo hire is a good one, because it provides a balance of continuity, and a significant amount of change, which was needed. I like the uncertainty this brings, as it makes the Patriots far more interesting than they have been in years, and it will be fun to see how it all plays out:

It seems very likely that Josh will come back to work for Belichick or for Mayo.

I think that we win either way. We will have an OC fully supported by the HC and by the Kraft's in either BOB or Josh.

If they keep O’Brien then they will be off to a really bad start. He sucks, period.

O’Brien did as bad a job this season as Patricia did the season before.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a new offensive system here that doesn't require the GOAT to run it effectively. I'm Skippyed out. Let's try something else. If they draft a hybrid QB they will need to rewrite the playbook.

If they keep O’Brien then they will be off to a really bad start. He sucks, period.

O’Brien did as bad a job this season as Patricia did the season before.
His results were significantly worse.

No. The strategy has worked before and worked very well. Human error is why it stopped working when the former HC got way too big for his britches and started substituting his own best interests for the best interests of the team. I like what the Krafts have done so far to get this back on track. It’s a good recipe for success.

Now, Mayo and the next QB only need be as talented and dedicated as Belichick and Brady for 6 more Lombardi trophies to come our way.
What interest did belichick have that was different then the best interest of the franchise?

McDaniels would not an overwhelming move. But it beats keeping BOB.

What interest did belichick have that was different then the best interest of the franchise?

Backing one of your children &/or ass-istants over one of you best CBs... and The Record.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back