By my favorites
1. XXXVI
2. XLIX
3. LI
4. LIII
5. XXXIX
6. XXXVIII

Last edited:
Lots of recency bias here. SB 53 was not exactly a blowout but we never trailed and it was our largest margin. The game was always in control.

A lot of people ranking SB 38 waaay too low. It was a bloody fantastic game with 4 or 5 lead shifts in an explosive 4th quarter. I guess it is already too long ago.

In terms of quality of game, I would rank:

1. SB 38
2. SB 49
3. SB 51
4. SB 36
5. SB 53
6. SB 39

While SB 51 had a dramatic finish it was a fairly sloppy game (pick 6 from Brady and multiple blunders from Atlanta to fail to close the game like the hold to get out of FG range).

All valid points, and I agree that SB 38 was a FANTASTIC game, but it is still only #4 for me but that just goes to show the plethora of riches we have to choose from....it's insane.

53 was the worse glad we got the win but Offense was putrid really missed a Outside receiver like Gordon. Won't be watching the replay of that game: two games to glory was way better my congrats to the D.

I don't know mannnnnn. No real true love for the D. There was a lot of great work on defense in 53 -- it wasn't just the Rams not getting it done, it was the Patriots making them not get it done.

Somebody above said where's your iconic moment, except the pick.... If you like D, watch anyplace they got pressure on Goff, the McCourty DENIED moment, and (thanks Tony Romo) the vertical-not-horizontal D line scheme (it seemed to bear up as I watched it, but willing to see our local defensive minds tell me I'm a moron, complete with screen grabs.)

I also like that they were easier on my heart this time. I was actually quietly sure that we were winning. I kept remembering that anything can happen, but they took care of business. Only took them 60 minutes of football too!

I don't know mannnnnn. No real true love for the D. There was a lot of great work on defense in 53 -- it wasn't just the Rams not getting it done, it was the Patriots making them not get it done.

Somebody above said where's your iconic moment, except the pick.... If you like D, watch anyplace they got pressure on Goff, the McCourty DENIED moment, and (thanks Tony Romo) the vertical-not-horizontal D line scheme (it seemed to bear up as I watched it, but willing to see our local defensive minds tell me I'm a moron, complete with screen grabs.)

I also like that they were easier on my heart this time. I was actually quietly sure that we were winning. I kept remembering that anything can happen, but they took care of business. Only took them 60 minutes of football too!

To me, there are two iconic moments:

1- The Jason McCourty pass break-up in the end zone.
2- Gronk's catch at the 2.

Sure, the interception sealed the game, but the other 2 wore more iconic to me. The Gilmore INT seemed "routine".

I discovered the other day that I refer to each win with a shortcut expression. So, here's my ranking. No doubt in my mind that the first was the best.

The Vinatieri Walk Off Game
The Comeback Game
The Butler Pick Game
The D Held Them To 3 Game
The Kasay OB KO Game
The McNabb Puked On The Field Game

This one's ambiguous ;)

Or perhaps not if you consider that in SB38 there was still time remaining for a kickoff (so it technically wasn't a walk off like SB 36)

My favorites in order

1. Super Bowl XXXVI- It was just magic, no other way to describe it

2. Super Bowl XLIX- This was huge as it silenced A LOT of the haters. Went from resigning myself to what seemed like an inevitable loss, to feeling the incredible joy of an impossible win in a matter of seconds.

3. Super Bowl LI- The greatest comeback of all time (sorry Buffalo Bills)

4. Super Bowl XXXVIII- What an incredible game! Just a second half explosion by both teams. When Ricky Proehl scored I told my folks who were watching the game with me, "Brady will lead the winning drive, too much time left and Proehl was the same guy who scored to tie for the Rams in '01!" When Casay kicked it out of bounds, I figured it was all but in the bag.

5. Super Bowl LIII- Not the most exciting of games but I was never bored. This game almost matches, and maybe even does, the defensive effort against the Rams the first time around in SB XXXVI. The drive to score the TD was epic with Gronk maybe making the biggest catch of his career.

6. Super Bowl XXXIX- Sadly I had to put something last. This was the only Patriots Super Bowl where I missed most of the game. Was a senior in high school and on our team bus coming back from a hockey road trip. Watched what I could on a tiny TV one of my teammates had haha. I loved the Givens "wing flap" celebration mocking TO and then Harrison picking off McNabb at the end and doing it again.

In order of my favorites. It's tough, it's like ranking your kids (If you have any)

1) 36- The 1st one is always the sweetest to me. Been a fan since 1975, so after 26 years, it was pure heaven when they won their 1st.

2) 51- Just the sheer greatness of the comeback. Brady was insanely great, breaking so many records. No QB has EVER thrown a pick 6 and won the game, Brady did. Greatest SB comeback ever. Also, the greatest revenge for Deflategate, which we all know was BS. This one was so SWEET

3) 49- Legion of boom, the start of the Deflategate garbage, 2nd biggest comeback ever. It was just a great game, and being the Pats 1st SB win in 10 years, I loved this one (watch it often).

4) 53- So great to win this one after losing a heartbreaker in SB 52. Not exciting for most, it was the best defensive performance in SB history. ZERO plays in the red zone for the Rams. I'm pretty sure that has never happened in the SB. Just incredible defense all around, and then the usual Brady brilliance in crunch time. The last 2 drives for the ONLY TD and the clinching FG were pure perfection. First time a team has won a SB after losing one the year before since the 1972 season, The Cowboys did it in the 1971 season, after losing to Baltimore in SB 5, they beat the Dolphins 24-3 in SB 6 (the only other time a team was held to 3 points). Then the following season, the Dolphins won SB 7.

5) 39- Great game, Pats dominated most of the game, defense was amazing, Corey Dillon was a stud RB. just great memories from that game. I'll never forget a rookie undrafted free agent starting at one corner and a 4th round 2nd year corner starting at the other. I think they have to be the ONLY team to lose BOTH starting CB's (Law & Poole), and still win a SB.

6) 38- Another nail biter, another clutch SB game winner from Vinatieri. Great game by Brady and Branch. The 1st SB where Brady was a beast. Losing Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson, probably lead to the closeness of the game.

Just great memories, I can't believe the Pats have won 6, it's just mind boggling.

#1 - 36,38,39,49,51,53

1. 49
2. 51
3. 36
4. 28
5. 53
6. 39

The Vinatieri Walk Off Game
The Comeback Game
The Butler Pick Game
The D Held Them To 3 Game
The Kasay OB KO Game
The McNabb Puked On The Field Game

Time was, half of these would be internationally known nicknames... like "The Drive" or "The Catch."

I don't know how many catches I've seen that were way better than "The Catch," especially now that they have them thar gloves.

The team is so good over time that it overshadows moments. If this were any other team we'd at least have Adam n Leave, The Comeback, and
The Pick. All we got was the lousy Tuck.

Its crazy how almost every sb seems to have a superlative attached to

Sb53- greatest defensive performance in sb history

Sb51- greatest comeback In sb history / greatest catch

Sb49- greatest defensive play in sb history

Sb36 -greatest upset arguably

This is so hard! Something to love about each and every one! I tend to remember them not by the number but by a memory or a feeling:

36 (the first one! So unexpected! Can’t be topped!)
49 (redemption in Arizona! & shutting up those obnoxious Seahawks fans...)
38 (crazy game! No score then too many scores; Rodney with his arm hanging off)
51 (too stressful but unbelievable come back!)
53 (also stressful waiting for the O to go & the D to fold!)
39 (Donovan McNabb puking; no 2 minute drill for Eagles)

Loved em all (and was so lucky & blessed to be at all but 51).

Thanks Patriots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back