PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking all 6 Super Bowl wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's ambiguous ;)
Nope. There were three or four seconds left on the clock in the Carolina game, so it wasn't a walk-off.
What? That didn't give Carolina enough time to score? Guess you didn't catch the end of this December's game in Miami.

To me, there are two iconic moments:

1- The Jason McCourty pass break-up in the end zone.
2- Gronk's catch at the 2.

Sure, the interception sealed the game, but the other 2 wore more iconic to me. The Gilmore INT seemed "routine".

Yes routine, but oh so important, it was a game tying drive stopper. I'd say the drive towards the game clinching FG was great as well, Those two 26 yard runs were amazing. The line gashed the Rams D line. The FG let all us Pat's fans breathe again. I knew the Rams had no chance of tying, even before they missed the FG, but when he missed it, I finally felt at ease.

SB49 is the greatest game ever played imo. The storylines were crazy, and the game itself was like watching 2 heavy weight boxers go back and forth, on top of the chess match.

While I agree that 49 is the greatest GAME from start to finish, it is still in 3rd place in my heart. 51 was just so special. That 4th quarter and OT, just wow! TB12 at his absolute best. And, well, 36 was the first one.

But, yeah, in terms of football quality, 49 was the best, that's for sure. Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed 2 ;)

We got up at 9! :)

Agreed on these

Last edited:
1. SB 36
2. SB 49
3. SB 51
4. SB 38
5. SB 53
6. SB 39

I was very young for the first three SB wins. I don't remember them.

1. SB 49
2. SB 51
3. SB 53

Lots of recency bias here. SB 53 was not exactly a blowout but we never trailed and it was our largest margin. The game was always in control.

On recency bias, I wouldn't be surprised if 53 gets the last spot if we do this ranking again in two years from now. (kind of a crappy thing to type since we're still celebrating, sorry)

On recency bias, I wouldn't be surprised if 53 gets the last spot if we do this ranking again in two years from now. (kind of a crappy thing to type since we're still celebrating, sorry)

Right I'd say SB 53 should be either 5 or 6 on everyone's list.

Ranking in personal satisfaction for myself:

1) SB 49: Ended the decade drought, and ended the “no titles since Spygate” trash talk I used to get. An amazing game- both CBS and Yahoo have it ranked as the best SB of all-time. And I was there, so it has special meaning for me.
2) SB 36: The first Boston title I was old enough to enjoy. The massive upset. And the sheer incredulity of a former college classmate of mine leading my childhood team to a SB win.
3) SB 51: I live in Atlanta, and watched the game at a party with 12 Falcons fans. You can imagine how that went.
4) SB 38: Established we were a force. Especially since a lot of people thought the ’01 team was a lucky fluke.
5) SB 53: I’d consider this a “gravy” title. But still very fun since I got to enjoy the SB environment all week in Atlanta, and the Pats fan takeover.
6) SB 39: Another “gravy” title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing