PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking all 6 Super Bowl wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I adore all of them but if I had to choose.

6. Super bowl 39
5. Super bowl 53
4. Super bowl 38
3. Super bowl 36
2. Super bowl 49
1. Super bowl 51

Are we ranking them as far as our favorites/most memorable? Or by best/most entertaining game?

Most memorable:

1) 2001
2) 2014
3) 2016
4) 2004
5) 2018
6) 2003

Best games:

1) 2003
2) 2014
3) 2016
4) 2001
5) 2018
6) 2004

Are we ranking them as far as our favorites/most memorable? Or by best/most entertaining game?

Most memorable:

1) 2001
2) 2014
3) 2016
4) 2004
5) 2018
6) 2003

Best games:

1) 2003
2) 2014
3) 2016
4) 2001
5) 2018
6) 2004
Best games

1. SB51
2. SB49
3. SB53
4. SB36
5. SB38
6. SB39

The last three with my son were just that much more memorable for me, having a sidekick who cares as much as you just makes it more fun.

I think you have to put the 1st SB win at #1.

I would think that there might be difference depending on how long someone has been a fan. I would think long time fans would put the first SB as #1.

Best games I have....

1. Sb 49
2. Sb 51
3. Sb 36
4. Sb 38
5. Sb 39
6. Sb 53

Top three definitely has to be a combo of 36/49/51. 4th is definitely 38. 5th was 53 and 6th was 39.

1. The first SB win 36 was so incredibly unexpected and stunning. Never thought we had a chance nor did anyone. We were 14 point underdogs and had NEVER won a SB and the win came so quickly with AV's field goal and post 9-11. Tom's coming out party, poise under pressure, a star is born That one ranks number one for me.

2. 49 was a very good game and I had lost hope. Had not wone a super bowl in 10 years and the haters were all saying that Patriots cheating ways were responsible for their past success. Also the year after deflategate. The sudden one play turn around was so unexepected and in seconds reveersed the mood from despair to absolute joy...so that one is second for me

3, 51 very disappointing game until end of 3rd quarter. But last quarter and overtime were the most dramatic comeback in NFL history, So unexpected and unlikely, but unrestrained joy in the end, Had just one SB 2 years ago, so not quite as unexpected.

4. 53 Shockingly amazing and unexpected defensive Gem. Never expected Patriots would be KC at KC to make it to SB. But expected a good chance they would win. It was so fantastic to see the much maligned defense carry the team to the BEST defensive performance ever in a SB against a great offensicve team

5. 38 Super exciting game against an excellent Carolina team. THis teamhad no start WRs or running backs yet they sprinted out to a big lead only to have Carolina come back and tie it up with thei own offensive explosion. AV's last second FG validated that SB 36 was NOT a fluke and this team was for real

6. 39 Good game. Patriots had control most of the game. Probbaly their best overall and dominating team. Knew they were outstanding and the outcome was never in doubt. Eagles were ****y with FredEx and TO, so the win made it satsifying and 2 out of 3 confirmed a dynasty in the making

Most enjoyable win-

1. vs Seahawks - deflategate revenge, first win after the awful losses in 2 past SBs, epic 4th quarter comeback, and the fact that I will never feel as happy as I did after that Malcolm int. Surreal moment.

2. vs Falcons - down 28-3. Will never see that again

3. vs Rams (2) - counted out. Proved everybody wrong.

4. vs Rams (1) - first Boston sports championship I experienced. So unexpected. I was just happy they made it to the SB.

5. vs Eagles - shut Fredie Mitchell and TO up.

6. vs Panthers - great win especially coming in the heels of the Grady Little debacle

Last edited:
Most enjoyable win-

1. vs Seahawks - deflategate revenge, first win after the awful losses in 2 past SBs, epic 4th quarter comeback, and the fact that I will never feel as happy as I did after that Malcolm int. Surreal moment.

I was in disbelief. I couldn’t celebrate like everyone else because I didn’t believe my eyes. I wish I would’ve been able to cheer and scream when it happened like everyone else but I was just sitting there waiting to wake up, waiting for a flag, waiting to be told it’s all a lie. It kind of sucked but when it settled the first thing I did was restart the Super Bowl and watch it from the beginning again. It was so good.

Really hard to rank because they’re all special to me in their own way. Summaries of what makes each one special to me:

36 - Went in as true underdogs, I believed they could win, I remember them playing the Rams tough earlier in the year. It was the first Boston sports championship I was able to savor in my life.

38 - After being called flukes and missing the playoffs the previous year, it was super sweet to see the Pats get back on top and show they’re not a one-hit wonder.

39 - Dynasty confirmed, and a fitting farewell for Weis and Crennel. Plus it shut Freddie Mitchell up.

49 - Back on top after a 10-year drought with some devastating losses in that time period. Looked like the horror might happen again, but Malcolm Butler saved the day.

51 - What a comeback and revenge on that scumbag Goodell for slandering Brady and this organization.

53 - After hearing for the past year that the Eagles ended the Pats dynasty and that this team was going to combust, it was great to see them proven wrong. Plus #6 to tie Pittsburgh for the most SB titles.

This is tough and will vary by day. For now I have it 51, 49, 36, 53, 39, 38. But I really want to say they’re all tied for first. :)

I remember just wanting to get that 4th 1 and tie Montana, now we are looking at possibly getting a 4th 1 in this decade...:eek:

#1 SB 51
All the B.S. that Brady went through having his name dragged through the mud for 2 relentless years straight and the entire country's seething hatred and jealously of the Patriots. I live out in Ohio so I heard it even worse. Being down 28-3 with the 31 other teams fanbases on a euphoric high thinking that the king was dead ("Cliff"). Then Brady flipped the switch and made them all eat s#!+ was THE MOST SATISFYING WIN I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED AS A FAN! I went absolutely ballistic and blew out my vocal cords from the instant White crossed the goal line until Goodell handed over the Lombardi.

#2 SB 36
I started following the Patriots in the 80's and went to some games with my dad and liked them but I wouldn't call myself a fan until the 1991 season. I went to Super Bowl 31 with my dad and got my heart broken. I knew we were huge underdogs in SB 36 but I was hoping for a miracle and when it happened I was in pure shock and bliss. I couldn't believe the Patriots actually won a Super Bowl.

#3 SB 38 Another typical heart attack game. It showed everyone that the first Super Bowl was no fluke. I was grateful for just one Super Bowl but two was incredible.

#4 SB 39 Holy crap another one? Wow we can actually call ourselves a dynasty! This is insane!

#5 SB 53 I'm the most spoiled fan alive. This is just getting silly at this point lol

#6 SB 49 Yep you're reading this right. Please put down the torches and pitchforks. There's a very good reason this was so low for me. This Super Bowl was ruined for me. It's a sad story and I've considered telling my story here eventually.

1 36
2 51
The rest is too hard but I will say not enough love for 39. Repeat. The original cherry on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down