• Brady, Marino, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Ben

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Marino, Ben,

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Marino, Brees, Ben

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • where's Jim Kelly?

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Ben. Marino played in a different time - he belongs on a different

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters
100%. Better players and a great defense carried him and I will fight you if I ever come across you in RL
What is RL? I don't live in RL.

Brady > Rodgers > Manning > Brees > Ben, Marino should not be included if the likes of Steven Young/Joe Montana are not on there.

Brady is in his own category. He's the best NFL player ever the only thing he's competing against now is best player ever in all sports which I give the nod to Brady as well due to playing the hardest position in all of sports, but that's just me. I think we as Patriots fans undermine what he has done over 18 years now. He's literally been the QB of two dynasties. As far as the poll question

Brady>>>>>>>>>>Manning>Marino>Brees>Rodgers>Ben

Reactions: sb1
Brady
Unitas
Montana
Graham
Staubach
Marino

Thought I’d mix different eras in my ranking

You have to put Favre, Manning and Brees in that mix as well.. as much as there is hesitation to do so.

You have to put Favre, Manning and Brees in that mix as well.. as much as there is hesitation to do so.
Nope, it’s my list, with my idea of best from different eras....those three are good, but not the best of their era imho....

Brady
Unitas
Montana
Graham
Staubach
Marino

Thought I’d mix different eras in my ranking

I like the way you think. Just thinking off the top of my head:

2010-present: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben
2000-2009: Brady, Manning, Ben, Brees
1990-1999: Favre, Young, Aikman, Marino, Elway,
1980-1989: Montana, Marino, Elway
1970-1979: Bradshaw, Stabler, Bert Jones!

Why’s Eli in this poll?
He’s probably ripping someone off by having an intern sign his autograph, throwing an interception, and/or saving up all of his luck for a 3rd miracle catch SB victory where our team decides to take the day off again.

Brady, Montana, Rodgers, Manning, Unitas, Marino, Brees.

IMO, it's Brady and Montana by a lot. Championships have to mean something.

Imagine Bradshaw playing today with today's rules, with Stallworth, Swann, Bennie Cunningham, Franco Harris AND Rocky Blier running the ball. Unstoppable. Same for the Cowboys with Staubach, Dorsett, Tony Hill, Drew Pearson and Billy Jo Dupree. Montana, Rice, Taylor, Rathman, Craig and Brent Jones. Who's gonna stop them with today's rules? As Mike Singletary would say, "Can't do it."

Brady has been great because 1) he is great. 2) the rules allow him to be great with a less than stellar cast most of the time. Just think about him having premier WRs with Gronk FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER. Sick.

That's kinda rambling but, it's early, so...

Brady, Montana, Rodgers, Manning, Unitas, Marino, Brees.

IMO, it's Brady and Montana by a lot. Championships have to mean something.

Imagine Bradshaw playing today with today's rules, with Stallworth, Swann, Bennie Cunningham, Franco Harris AND Rocky Blier running the ball. Unstoppable. Same for the Cowboys with Staubach, Dorsett, Tony Hill, Drew Pearson and Billy Jo Dupree. Montana, Rice, Taylor, Rathman, Craig and Brent Jones. Who's gonna stop them with today's rules? As Mike Singletary would say, "Can't do it."

Brady has been great because 1) he is great. 2) the rules allow him to be great with a less than stellar cast most of the time. Just think about him having premier WRs with Gronk FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER. Sick.

That's kinda rambling but, it's early, so...
Agreed that those players together would be nuts, but we’re in the period of free agency now, so it’s probably doubtful that it would work that way.

Aaron Rodgers won this week. He is the best ever again...................

I realized I forgot this time point:

2020-2030: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ramone.

I have a different way of rating players. You guys will love this. I do use all stats in a matrix with style points on everything from dramatic wins to personal hygiene. This rating is judged solely by me with my vast expertise at watching football.

All time
1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Bradshaw
4. Unitas
5. Farve

This years only
1. Brady (although others have more yards, brady has Giselle which adds infinite style points.)
2. Mahomes
3. Goff
4. Rodgers
5. Brees

All the rest are over rated, no good, wrong color wearing, disaster as a human being, drooling but lucky bad players

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Ben (Though I'd take Ben over Peyton in the playoffs...),

Didn't see Marino so not sure where to rank him.

Sure, but in this context that's just a meaningless platitude because to be a great QB you need to also be an exceptional passer. There are too many guys who were both for this to not be a disqualifying factor in the all-time greats discussion. You can argue that guys are better than their stats suggest based on the QB vs. passer distinction, but you can't argue that a guy who was basically a league-average QB in his own era belongs in the GOAT conversation because of that distinction.

Bradshaw had 4 rings because he played in an era where QB play mattered far less than defense and ground game, and benefited from playing opposite arguably the greatest defense ever assembled. You could put any league-average QB from that era on the Steelers and they too would have four rings. Using that as Bradshaw's main (borderline sole) qualification for being on this list is makes even less sense than saying Richard Seymour and Michael Irvin belong in the GOAT conversations for their own positions because of their ring counts. Less sense because Seymour and Irvin were better relative to their peers than Bradshaw ever was.

Compared to everyone else in this discussion, Bradshaw had far lower highs and lower lows. The most generous halfway-reasonable comp you can give him is that he was his era's Troy Aikman, which is inaccurate since Aikman was clearly the better quarterback between the two of them. But even then we all realize that Aikman doesn't belong in this conversation either.

All good points and I agree that Bradshaw shouldn't be ranked too highly on the all time greats list but he should be considered a marginally great QB. He also played against and won against some of the all time power house teams of the era. Winning against the SB vs Cowboys twice has to separate him from the average joes. Top ten? No but I'd put him in the top twenty range.

Good list but I'd have Staubach during the 70's. Bert Jones?

Would only feel right comparing Brady to his peers.

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers

For Brady's era I rank it:

Brady

Brees - People will think this is nuts, but bear with me. Taking Peyton's regular season volume records away, and being more efficient doing it, undercuts Peyton's main claim to glory. I don't give Peyton credit for having his rotting corpse carried to a 2nd ring with a Dilfer-tier performance, which leaves Brees with an amazing Super Bowl run and a radically better 100.9 postseason passer rating. People will cite the seasons the Saints missed the playoffs as a negative, but it's hard to hold the Saints having some historically bad defenses against him. Also he made the Saints winners, which at the time was like making the Browns winners in terms of "crap that will never, ever happen."

Rodgers - If it wasn't for his relative lack of durability compared to Brees I'd swap these spots. Probably the most spectacular player at the QB position I've seen if we're just watching a random game. Crushed the Steelers in a great Super Bowl performance. Could easily swap with Brees based on how the rest of his career plays out. Hamstrung by a mediocre head coach his whole career.

Peyton Manning - A regular season superstar whose volume records are already being poached, all-time playoff loss leader, all-time first round playoff exit leader. Also a sex offender who used his wife as a drug mule for his HGH "allegedly." He was an iconic player for his era whose legacy diminishes with every passing year.

Roethlisberger - 2 rings, good regular season stats, not a lot ot say about it otherwise. Hate the guy but he's a pretty clear cut "ordinary" HOFer on the merits. Human garbage sex offender history will be brushed under the rug because it's the Steelers.

*Eli Manning - The modern-day Jim Plunkett, a guy with seemingly no outstanding qualities whatsoever, who is defined by 2 big Super Bowl runs out of nowhere in a sea of so what. Unlike Plunkett he's getting into the HOF because he beat the Pats twice and started for the Giants forever.

*Philip Rivers - Drastically better than Eli Manning in every way imaginable but postseason success. By and large the Chargers have been a garbage organization for babies for long stretches of his career, though oddly enough they might be turning things around as a team... now that they're in a LA market that could not care less about them because their moron owner decided to bail on San Diego.

I'd go Brady, Manning, Marino, Rogers, Brees, Ben given the list you gave. But I'd rank Montana as #3, Favre as #4, Elway at #5, and Kelly at #6. Guess i'm showing my age.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back