• Brady, Marino, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Ben

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Marino, Ben,

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Marino, Brees, Ben

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • where's Jim Kelly?

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Ben. Marino played in a different time - he belongs on a different

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters
Welcome to Bill Swerski's Superfans Roundtable.

Ray Lewis killed Aaron Hernandez.

Yeah, Staubach should have been there but I loved, loved, loved Bert Jones as a kid. Injuries killed him. I grew up near Baltimore.
Me too, my family had season tickets to the colts, 35 yard line, east side. They had a good run in the mid 70s, but couldn’t get past the Steelers.

There is Brady, the guy with 5 rings, then everybody else in whatever order of your choosing.

1. Brady
2. Marino
3. Rodgers
4. Brees
5. Ben

There is Brady, the guy with 5 rings, then everybody else in whatever order of your choosing.
Rings are only part of the conversation and at best a tiebreaker, IMHO, because much about rings is outside the QB's control.

Surely no sane person would claim that Bob Griese (2 rings) was a better QB than Marino (0 rings). Or that Eli (2 rings) is just as good as Goober (2 rings). Or that Eli and Griese are better than Brees (1 ring) or Rodgers (1 ring).

Last edited:
Me too, my family had season tickets to the colts, 35 yard line, east side. They had a good run in the mid 70s, but couldn’t get past the Steelers.
BB has said Bert Jones had one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had. 1976 I think

Rings are only part of the conversation and at best a tiebreaker, IMHO, because much about rings is outside the QB's control.

Surely no sane person would claim that Bob Griese (2 rings) was a better QB than Marino (1 ring). Or that Eli (2 rings) is just as good as Goober (2 rings). Or that Eli and Griese are better than Brees (1 ring) or Rodgers (1 ring).

Yeah the rings argument bugs me because it's really lazy. There's so much that goes into winning a championship season and people try to make it all about the QB or all about the system depending on what pre-existing bias they're trying to prove out.

Ultimately I think all we can do is try to figure out how we think a given QB would perform if all things were equal. Like the old Marino vs. Montana debate. My guess is Marino would have made a ton of throws Joe couldn't make but Joe was probably more reliable in crunch time. As long as John Candy was in the stands, I guess.

But 'more rings = better than' doesn't do much for me.

'more rings = better than' doesn't do much for me
Oh it totally does it for me
upload_2018-10-18_19-14-20.jpegupload_2018-10-18_19-16-11.jpegupload_2018-10-18_19-17-24.jpeg

h_richard.jpg

"OK fine, little guy, you have eleven Cups but your team still sucks. Just like you.

Va te faire foutre"

I liked the QBs put on this list. Some playing some not. Still a few of QBs that are in the argument for GOAT are left off. Regardless, Brady is first on ANY list.

Ben is last.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back