PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randall Cobb says NO to mics after injury; which Pats did? What will BB do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
R. Cobb says NO to mics; which Pats did? What will BB do?

Randall Cobb says an onfield mic package/btty on his back caused his punctured lung. (Story link below)

Now, BB has never been big on letting folks see behind the curtain anyway, but could this story cause him to forbid any patriot player from wearing one?

Does anyone recall which players have worn one in the recent past and do you think this story will change their mind about Future? Particularly edelman being a WR also (and one who other teams will try extra to hit-crossing middle a lot) might want to reconsider...

Ones i recall:
Edeldude- 17 & 24 Jan 15 (Ravens, dolts)
Hightower- 24 Jan 15 (dolts)
Brady- nov 14 broncos
BB !! - oct 15 jags

Randall Cobb won't wear on-field mics anymore after playoff injury

Last edited:
I didn't realize they were allowed to say no. I thought they had no choice. Interesting though, another safety hazard slipped thru the cracks all for the "Integrity" of the game.

I call BS. They put those things snugly between the seem of the pads and I think it was just a coincidence.

Chandler Jones, Brady, Edelman come to mind for guys who've been mic'd up very recently

I call BS. They put those things snugly between the seem of the pads and I think it was just a coincidence.

Perception is (or becomes) reality. It doesnt matter if it was bs if 50% or more of the players (or 100% of BB ;) ) believes it. But i'll put you down for a 'doesnt change a thing " vote. ;)

As opposed to intentional mauling with a microphone rig?

Seriously, that's why they're called accidents. Seems like if it happens 1 time out of 100, pretty good idea to stay away, even if it doesn't happen the other 99 times. Plenty of risks to football as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes