PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ramsey Recruting Gilmore to Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
So between Ramsey and Gilmore, can either decide if and where someone will be traded? And does that transaction start with Twitter?

should've traded Gilmore last year, was pointless to have him on the team

Been saying that before the season even started last year.
I said when he won DPOY his value was never higher BB was going to trade him before the season started.
Was shocked he didn’t.

The LeBron-ization of the NFL continues.
which eqautes to the total scumbaggization of the NFL and the END our great pastime as a viable form of sport entertainment. The fact that a total whackjob azzhat like Jalen Ramsey even has a forum to shoot off his idiotic mouth and overtly tamper with the NEP's roster is DESPICABLE on its face...but there it is..more SCUMBAGDELL destruction of our national sport.

He should only be traded if he truly wants out. Trading him doesn’t help the team in any way other than having more cap room.

Been saying that before the season even started last year.
I said when he won DPOY his value was never higher BB was going to trade him before the season started.
Was shocked he didn’t.
Why were you in such a hurry to trade him? You’d rather have a draft pick then one of the best CB’s in football?

This board has been complaining Bill hasn’t collected enough top tier talent in recent years, yet wants to trade arguably one of the best defenders in the NFL. That’s kind of bizarre logic.

Last edited:
He should only be traded if he truly wants out. Trading him doesn’t help the team in any way other than having more cap room.

Why were you in such a hurry to trade him? You’d rather have a draft pick then one of the best CB’s in football?

This board has been complaining Bill hasn’t collected enough talent, yet wants to trade arguably the best player on the team. That’s kind of bizarre logic.
I’m all about maximizing value and managing the cap.
I’m a huge proponent of a year too soon than a year or two too late.
Plus I wasn’t expecting a QB to be in our range without giving up a lot of resources.
If you would of traded him to a team like Atlanta fresh off his DPOY. The value would of never been higher.
I’m all about selling at its highest point.
He wasn’t going to ever be worth more.
If you throw in the fact we had a league lead in opt outs this should of been a let’s sell high now.
Now BB looked at this like Gilmore gives a me a better chance to win ok I can agree with this but if I didn’t have a cap friendly deal in the works with him getting into his 30s, I would of sold to the higest bidder and I thought Belichick was going to do as well.
I believe my exact wording was trading Gilmore right after he wins DPOY is the most Belichick think I can think of.

Now we are looking at a conditional third.
Would be a miracle to get a second or a high caliber role player for him.

I’m all about maximizing value and managing the cap.
I’m a huge proponent of a year too soon than a year or two too late.
Plus I wasn’t expecting a QB to be in our range without giving up a lot of resources.
If you would of traded him to a team like Atlanta fresh off his DPOY. The value would of never been higher.
I’m all about selling at its highest point.
He wasn’t going to ever be worth more.
If you throw in the fact we had a league lead in opt outs this should of been a let’s sell high now.
Now BB looked at this like Gilmore gives a me a better chance to win ok I can agree with this but if I didn’t have a cap friendly deal in the works with him getting into his 30s, I would of sold to the higest bidder and I thought Belichick was going to do as well.
I believe my exact wording was trading Gilmore right after he wins DPOY is the most Belichick think I can think of.
Wouldn’t shock me if he’s traded as he wants more money which he deserves. His contract he initially signed was obviously top dollar at that time, but there’s a lot chumps who are making more than him right now.

His vague tweets and now not showing up looks like signs he won’t show up until his contract is reworked or another team is willing to trade for him and pay him what he wants.

Lol we are looking at a fourth to conditional third at this point.
This was managed so poorly.
This is really a dumb take. He is under contract. He can’t go anywhere. He has to play for the Pats unless they trade him. You can’t dump your best players every year because they might walk in a few years. Just stop

Last edited:
We aren't getting good value in a trade. Just pay Gilmore for a few years. The worst thing is you'll have a really solid number 1 corner until he slows down and by that point hopefully cap increases and finding someone else will minimize that.

Pats never won a ring without an elite CB1 on the roster. CB1 is one of the few spots you pay and it's worth it. Could extend Gilmore till he retires by using some $ savings by jettisoning Michel and Harry.

"Recruiting" him? Does he realize he's not a free agent??
Neither was Julio but AJ Brown kept yelling about him until that deal happened. Not to mention Trent Brown was doing the same thing with Julio that Ramsey is doing here.

My money is on giving the man a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing