PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams lose Woods for season

The more I think about it Stafford is going to get exposed in the playoffs.

The world will definitely get a chance to see if OBJ has anything left. Or what he has left.

The Titans beatdown at home without Henry was a bad look.

A loss at the 9ers on MNF (who are due for a home win), will only increase the pressure on him.

Ironic development in juxtaposition with OBJ signing…
Sources: Rams' Woods tears ACL, out for season
Sad news. He's one of those WRs who doesn't get the credit he deserves precisely because he does everything right media wise. He just does his job and works, never heard a bad thing about him. It's a big hit for them. They can survive it, and still win a potenial super bowl without him, but their margin for error became much smaller.

Speaking of WRs on the Rams, when are we going to talk about the season Kupp is having. 1000 yards in 9 games. He isn't on pace to break any records, but 1700 yards would be a monster season. Most players who've done that are either in the HOF or likely getting in.

Sad news. He's one of those WRs who doesn't get the credit he deserves precisely because he does everything right media wise. He just does his job and works, never heard a bad thing about him. It's a big hit for them. They can survive it, and still win a potenial super bowl without him, but their margin for error became much smaller.

Speaking of WRs on the Rams, when are we going to talk about the season Kupp is having. 1000 yards in 9 games. He isn't on pace to break any records, but 1700 yards would be a monster season. Most players who've done that are either in the HOF or likely getting in.
Agreed, I think Woods has always been underrated because he’s been #2 overshadowed by #1. Replacing him with OBJ might be a downgrade.

Losing Desean Jackson will also be a huge hit. Desean was on pace for 500 yards which is good for a 4th WR. Stafford is going to nose dive the second half now without Woods and Desean to throw to.

In his hotel room crying about the extra $$ he could have squeezed out of the Rams if he hadn’t signed his contract already that morning.
He probably crapped his pants, if we are being honest...

This is where you'll feel the hit the most. Woods and Kupp (How isn't he a NEP???) are two of the best blocking WR's in the game.

I believe I was just talking about this with @Ice_Ice_Brady. McVay and what he's done using condensed sets. It's been beneficial in getting free releases in the passing game and a strong extension in the running game among other things.

They should be good between Jefferson and Beckham in the passing game. Run blocking might suffer a bit.

Might not need to wait until the playoffs. They play the Packers, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Ravens. And two against Niners/away against Vikings is no sure 3-0 either.

And this is why if you’re a contender, you always take a potentially valuable player like OBJ on the cheap. Rams would be in much bigger trouble had they not signed a “luxury spoiler” the day before. But even though they deserve praise, I do love train wreck potential now. Woods is a great player.

Cards in full control of West but somehow I don't trust them either.

Cards in full control of West but somehow I don't trust them either.
Have to "see it, to believe it" from Cards & Bills even though both are "talented" enough to win a SB. That could be a fun SB if Pats aren't in the mix.

The show must go on. Happens to just about every team where they lose important players for the season, next man up.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back