PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Release Clown Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
AB, Gordon, Thomas, and Edelman? Christ. If Belichick can keep AB in line, just call it a year. How the **** do you stop that? Good luck pressuring Brady when he can just dump it off to Edelman or White, one (or both) of which should just be taking a casual stroll across the line of scrimmage.

Call it a year? what do you call it when Harry comes back Criminal? :D

Call it a year? what do you call it when Harry comes back Criminal? :D
Absurd works, too. That’s what’s crazy... they really didn’t need Brown at all. Because of that, they could just as easily tell him to **** off if he becomes a cancer.

Now, he is our Clown. Hope he can keep it together for the duration, but my fear is that he’ll be gone even before Gordon.

Yeah, I do worry that this is a big gamble. He could go nuts like last year and Gordon could get banned again - this time forever leaving the Pats in a very bad spot.

Say that both blow up by mid-season; unlikely, but possible. Then, we would have Edelman, Thomas, Dorsett, and Harry. This is plenty to still be favored to win the AFC.

And perhaps we would also have Meredith or a WR from the Practice Squad or a 6th WR if we choose to keep Gunner or Myers on the 53.

And we could even get Gronk back or Bennet. No, losing BOTH Brown and Gordon wouldn't even keep us out of having a deep run in the playoffs.
======
Belichick had a chance to pick up one of the best players in the NFL. As has happened so many times in the past, Belichick is taking a chance that many wouldn't take, even many here. The willingness to possibly fail on risks like this is one of Belichick's best characteristics. Of course, every time one of these choices fail, there will be lots of whining and gnashing of teeth.

Now, he is our Clown. Hope he can keep it together for the duration, but my fear is that he’ll be gone even before Gordon.

Say that both blow up by mid-season; unlikely, but possible. Then, we would have Edelman, Thomas, Dorsett, and Harry. This is plenty to still be favored to win the AFC.

And perhaps we would also have Meredith or a WR from the Practice Squad or a 6th WR if we choose to keep Gunner or Myers on the 53.

And we could even get Gronk back or Bennet. No, losing BOTH Brown and Gordon wouldn't even keep us out of having a deep run in the playoffs.
======
Belichick had a chance to pick up one of the best players in the NFL. As has happened so many times in the past, Belichick is taking a chance that many wouldn't take, even many here. The willingness to possibly fail on risks like this is one of Belichick's best characteristics. Of course, every time one of these choices fail, there will be lots of whining and gnashing of teeth.
Completely agree. This team has enough w/o Gordon & Brown. Just stating my opinion that both will be gone long before Xmas.

Wow.. just wow...

He could go nuts ... leaving the Pats in a very bad spot.

Did it look like we were in a very bad spot last night, without him?

It should be obvious even to AB that if he has no wiggle room. While NE can put his skills to use, NE does not NEED him in the least.

Did it look like we were in a very bad spot last night, without him?

It should be obvious even to AB that if he has no wiggle room. While NE can put his skills to use, NE does not NEED him in the least.

No but as I said in my post, if AB goes nuts and Gordon falls off the cart, it could leave the Pats in a bad spot.

Could a mod please edit the title of this thread? The OP obviously meant to say "Raiders cut distinguished gentleman Brown"
Post of the thread.

Regards,
Chris

No but as I said in my post, if AB goes nuts and Gordon falls off the cart, it could leave the Pats in a bad spot.

See this is what worries me. AB could be gone without even playing a game and Gordon will last 10 games max. A receiving corp of Jules, Dorsett, and Meyers is not impressive.

See this is what worries me. AB could be gone without even playing a game and Gordon will last 10 games max. A receiving corp of Jules, Dorsett, and Meyers is not impressive.

Harry.

It was always a boom or bust group.

That said I wouldn't feel awful if we have Edelman, Dorsett, Harry, Meyers in the 2nd half.

That said, I believe Gordon sticks.

Harry.

It was always a boom or bust group.

That said I wouldn't feel awful if we have Edelman, Dorsett, Harry, Meyers in the 2nd half.

That said, I believe Gordon sticks.

Gordon is a guy that cracks under pressure (or goes to crack if you know what I mean). I actually felt AB was brought in to help Gordon as much as the whole offense. AB would have taken all the pressure off Gordon but now it is back.

The patriots need to be more intrusive into Gordon's home life during the season.

Gordon is a guy that cracks under pressure (or goes to crack if you know what I mean). I actually felt AB was brought in to help Gordon as much as the whole offense. AB would have taken all the pressure off Gordon but now it is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down