PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Quick Software Update - and expanded the ignore function

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Had an update that I had been putting off because I was working on enhancing the ignore function and it had to be done around the latest software version. I completed that and ran the update a few minutes ago, so we're good there. But the ignore function now goes a little further and removes quoted posts, replies, etc. so that a user you're ignoring will no longer show up in any threads, even if someone quotes them.

I'll be enhancing this a little further, but that's a change that is now in place on the forum page and within the threads.

Your awesome Ian. Thank you for all your hard work.

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
Quick refresher on this:

1) Ignoring a user will now see all threads/posts/replies removed from the forum page and individual threads you're viewing.

2) Ignoring an individual thread will only block the thread from appearing, but has no effect on the user. To view your ignored threads, hit the menu button on the top left, scroll down to FORUMS > MY IGNORED THREADS and then you can uncheck any of the threads you'd like to remove from your ignore list.

3) If a user is ignored, that rule supersedes the above. So even if you remove a thread from your ignored list - but you started ignoring the user who started the thread - it will still not appear on the main forum page. You'll have to unignore the user to view it. I'll be modifying this to give people the option to at least see the thread, but that's not available just yet.

Your awesome Ian. Thank you for all your hard work.
Thanks, I appreciate it. This has been a little delayed but I don't do 3rd party add ons anymore for security reasons, although it's sort of forced me to learn a few things and should hopefully lead to some additional enhancements down the line. :cool:

Had an update that I had been putting off because I was working on enhancing the ignore function and it had to be done around the latest software version. I completed that and ran the update a few minutes ago, so we're good there. But the ignore function now goes a little further and removes quoted posts, replies, etc. so that a user you're ignoring will no longer show up in any threads, even if someone quotes them.

I'll be enhancing this a little further, but that's a change that is now in place on the forum page and within the threads.

Thanks so much, Ian! I'll be happy to test the ignore function with a big grin on my face.

3) If a user is ignored, that rule supersedes the above. So even if you remove a thread from your ignored list - but you started ignoring the user who started the thread - it will still not appear on the main forum page. You'll have to unignore the user to view it. I'll be modifying this to give people the option to at least see the thread, but that's not available just yet.

That would be awesome because the biggest troll on the forum loves creating threads.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back