PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site News A couple of quick notes: Board Search/Mute Function

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
A couple of quick notes:

1) Site search updated: I'm revamping the site search as a whole, but the board search feature should hopefully now be more stable. A recent server update that was done last week, along with a software update this morning should fix the issue I've had recently with the index. As a result, searches should hopefully work much better, so we'll see if that continues to be the case.

2) Mute Button reminder: Please don't be hesitant when it comes to utilizing this feature. I put it together because it's a convenient temporary solution in one thread to remove someone you're not interested in seeing. If you mute someone, it doesn't carry over to any thread outside of that one.

People seem hesitant, potentially afraid that they'll have to unmute someone later on. However, it's not like the ignore function (which causes you to have to un-ignore them later if you don't want it to be permanent). It was developed to be a quick and easy solution to control your experience in a given thread.

Granted, I did add a forum-wide and Block user (to make your posts no longer viewable to them site-wide), but the original mute options are meant to be an easy thread-specific way to turn off posts from someone (or an interaction between multiple posters) who is bothering you in that thread, or you believe is detracting from the conversation.

Everyone is going to have an opinion, and the mods and I aren't here to tell people how to think. But for those who would rather not hear from someone, that's also why that was put together, so don't be afraid to use it.

Other things, including a layout change on here, are still in the works, but I'll get into those at a later date.

But for now, the icon in the top right will direct you to the normal board search which, as I mentioned, should now hopefully be a little more useful than it had been.

Last edited:
I can tell you that I am reticent to use the mute button, until I get to the point that I get frustrated/mad or am just plain old sick of an individual poster. Once I hit that point, they go on mute site wide. I know that's not the point, but so many posters have an agenda and it spills over to other threads. So once I hit the button....
dead to me GIF

I can tell you that I am reticent to use the mute button, until I get to the point that I get frustrated/mad or am just plain old sick of an individual poster. Once I hit that point, they go on mute site wide. I know that's not the point, but so many posters have an agenda and it spills over to other threads. So once I hit the button....
dead to me GIF
my ignore list is slow long my finger got tired of scrolling

dead to me GIF

and yet...

Living Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

A couple of quick notes:

1) Site search updated: I'm revamping the site search as a whole, but the board search feature should hopefully now be more stable. A recent server update that was done last week, along with a software update this morning should fix the issue I've had recently with the index. As a result, searches should hopefully work much better, so we'll see if that continues to be the case.

2) Mute Button reminder: Please don't be hesitant when it comes to utilizing this feature. I put it together because it's a convenient temporary solution in one thread to remove someone you're not interested in seeing. If you mute someone, it doesn't carry over to any thread outside of that one.

People seem hesitant, potentially afraid that they'll have to unmute someone later on. However, it's not like the ignore function (which causes you to have to un-ignore them later if you don't want it to be permanent). It was developed to be a quick and easy solution to control your experience in a given thread.

Granted, I did add a forum-wide and Block user (to make your posts no longer viewable to them site-wide), but the original mute options are meant to be an easy thread-specific way to turn off posts from someone (or an interaction between multiple posters) who is bothering you in that thread, or you believe is detracting from the conversation.

Everyone is going to have an opinion, and the mods and I aren't here to tell people how to think. But for those who would rather not hear from someone, that's also why that was put together, so don't be afraid to use it.

Other things, including a layout change on here, are still in the works, but I'll get into those at a later date.

But for now, the icon in the top right will direct you to the normal board search which, as I mentioned, should now hopefully be a little more useful than it had been.
As usual, you are always on top of things to keep this the best NFL, no erase the NFL, and replace it with SPORTS Forum.

Thanks, Ian

As usual, you are always on top of things to keep this the best NFL, no erase the NFL, and replace it with SPORTS Forum.

Thanks, Ian

giphy(6).gif

Attachments

• giphy(6).gif
    giphy(6).gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Thank you very much. I show my appreciation for the work that Ian has done and continue to do by telling him. But you are correct I have been telling him how great his work product is and how much his effect to continue to keep this forum the best. By doing so, I allow you to open your mouth and call me a brown nose. Please continue to call me that because I am not changing my thoughts about this forum and Ian

Thank you very much. I show my appreciation for the work that Ian has done and continue to do by telling him. But you are correct I have been telling him how great his work product is and how much his effect to continue to keep this forum the best. By doing so, I allow you to open your mouth and call me a brown nose. Please continue to call me that because I am not changing my thoughts about this forum and Ian
I'm glad you decided to stay even AFTER announcing to the entire forum you were leaving and saying goodbye to Ian. There's no need to stick your entire face up his ass though.

brown-nose.gif

I'm glad you decided to stay even AFTER announcing to the entire forum you were leaving and saying goodbye to Ian. There's no need to stick your entire face up his ass though.

View attachment 56876
I am truly sorry that you failed reading when you went to school. Now I know how to piss YOU off..Good.

my ignore list is slow long my finger got tired of scrolling
I keep telling Ian he has to be data driven and send me the list of the most blocked/muted posters, but he doesn't fall for it.

I am tired of these threads .... Muting Ian.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3