PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for Pats Fans Overseas. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out I'll be on business in Asia, in various cities, for the next two months. I'm not sure if there will be a bar in every city that shows NFL games. This means I won't have easy access to the NFL playoffs.

I'm hoping there are Pats fans on this site who are or have been in various parts of Asia on business, who may be able to help me figure out how to watch Pats games while I'm over there...

Question: is there any way to watch NFL games over the internet?

If you are in Japan you might be in luck. For the last 3 years they have shown all the playoff games live. Yes, starting at 3 am on Monday Morning for the Sunday 1pm start. Welcome to what was my world for 15 years.

If you are in a good hotel with satellite a.k.a. BS-TV (true name) then you should have it. The other satellite system, sky perfect will def have it but you need to have the sports channel on.

let me know if you have any more questions about viewing in Japan.

Ed

Never tried it, but suppose you could check it out if you have Sunday NFL ticket.

Japan dropped the NFL Sunday TIcket about 5 years ago.
Now Gaora TV carries most of the games.
I just checked and it will be carrying the Pats first game.
Jan 13th at 10 AM-2 pm (Sunday) Channel 302 on SkyPa(Skyperfect).

For the conference game, I am not sure what time the Pats will be on, but only one of the 2 games is live. The other comes on later that day.
Basically, the second game on Championship Sunday is live while the early one is delayed.

That being said, I found before that while Gaora only had the license to show one game live there was another option for the opposite conferences game. So it should also be available.

Erdoboy:singing:

Sorry, Maverick, just saw this now.

During the regular season you can buy games on yahoo.com if you're overseas, but unfortunately they have no playoff coverage.

Like other posters have mentioned, it really depends on where you'll be. There is NOW Sports in HK that will most likely show the games. Also, ESPN Asia shows the big games.

BradyManny2344 made a great point, which is go out and buy a Slingbox. It's how I watch most games, and you cannot go wrong with it. It's not cheap, but once you have it, it's yours forever.

The people that mentioned that large hotels would most likely be showing the game is correct for many markets.

The Super Bowl should be playing in most parts of the world. You just need to get yourself near a TV.

Last edited:
It's almost midnight over here in Asia. I packed multiple Pats jerseys with me on the trip (wanted to help educate the locals), I am going to definitely check out those websites various people mentioned in this thread and also in private messages. If I bump into any roadblocks, I'll let you all know, but I *really* appreciate your help on this, thank you so much for the help so far.

-M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back