PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quest for Se7en has started!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traded for who?
Traded for draft picks in the 2020 class.

For example, a third this year could net them a second, next year. It’s pretty much an annual Belichick tradition, and one of the reasons why they have 6 picks in the top 105 (or so) selections for 2019.

With all due respect ..when did I ever say he was going to replace anyone? Never did I ever even hint that.

As far as having another slot receiver..seemed to work well with Amendola on the team.

Beasley isn't going to dictate much in the market. He likely isn't going to cost much and he isn't going to demand immediate snaps. He hardly got any burn this season. Not many teams can utilize his skill set like we can.

Lastly all I said was keep an eye on him... He fits the proto typical mold of a player that is under valued and under/mis used elesewhere ..who might thrive here. Chill broseph.

Humphries would be cool too...
Fair enough. I shouldn’t have included your quote in my response. My bad.

I don’t think you could play Beasley in the Amendola role though, but I suppose that you could move Edelman to the Amendola role and have Beasley take over the slot. I’m not sure if that would be an option to the team, but it’s something that we could discuss as fans. It could mean less wear and tear on Jules, while improving the void left from Amendola/likely soon to be Hogan. Of course, we’d also be assuming that Beasley could replicate the timing and chemistry with Brady.

They’ve had some small guys contribute as WRs like Brown, Branch, Welker, Edelman, and Amendola, but never at 5’8,” and 180 lbs. I’m not sure that he could take hits over the middle like Welker, Jules, or Danny. The lightest they’ve had was pretty much in the 190-195 range and an inch taller. For me, it’s not as much the height/weight as it is the frame.

■ First round

■ Second round

■ Second round (from CHI)

■ Third round (from DET)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Fourth round

■ Fifth round

■ Sixth round (compensatory*)

■ Seventh round

■ Seventh round (from PHI)

■ Seventh round (compensatory*)

Hi Scary Marys! "REAL BAD!!!" 2019 draft looming for the" this team won't win anything this season!" CL Army. Guess what...BB will draft four or five players no one expected and all the bigmouthed, insane "knowers of draft things!" will spend the rest of the offseason going beserk about it...again. SSDD. Groundhog Day has to be this board's signature movie.

■ First round

■ Second round

■ Second round (from CHI)

■ Third round (from DET)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Fourth round

■ Fifth round

■ Sixth round (compensatory*)

■ Seventh round

■ Seventh round (from PHI)

■ Seventh round (compensatory*)

Hi Scary Marys! "REAL BAD!!!" 2019 draft looming for the" this team won't win anything this season!" CL Army. Guess what...BB will draft four or five players no one expected and all the bigmouthed, insane "knowers of draft things!" will spend the rest of the offseason going beserk about it...again. SSDD. Groundhog Day has to be this board's signature movie.
Speaking of Groundhog Day, the Super Bowl happens to fall on it, next season. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Rumors have swirled that BB is about to retire. I look at THIS draft and I say...BS. He's not about to walk away from THIS crushing blow to NFLoffices and the repugnancy of Goodell. You all do realize Goodell had Dave Portnoy forcibly removed from the Super Bowl? Just unbelievable. When? When does the Scumbagdell get charged with running an ongoing RICO operation?

4 game suspension is key for our seventh.

Brady suspended 4 games: 5th Super Bowl
Edelman suspended 4 games: 6th Super Bowl

Next man up.....

Sign me Bill, I'll take drugs for the team.

"Edelman did drugs!"...says the azzhat that had Dave Portnoy ejected from the Super Bowl because..."Article 46!"

after 20 years the only member of the NEP staff I worry about replacing is BILL BELICHICK.
Perhaps BB's tree hasn't beared much coaching fruit, but this "new dynasty" had a new set of assistants who will clearly get their shot. I think finding the right guys to be on the same page and flow with the chemistry is very important. I like Schiano. Rutgers football is a disgrace, and he built the program into a something special for a 2-3 year period. The Patriots Rutgers connection is there lol, Bill likes him. I think it's a natural fit.

The only player I really worry about losing is Trey Flowers. Just an absolute beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes