PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Props to the officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
They weren't perfect (push off by Matthews on Arrington, Butler trip) but for the most part they were excellent, IMO. Let them play, which is how it should be. Champions, baby!!!!

Yes the did. Given all the bs this year,it was refreshing. Need to figure out how to get them to set end zone picks for us next time, though.

Absolutely agree, was going to start a thread on this.

Like I have said in previous posts when you don't notice them then they have done an excellent job and you know that everyone would be on their case if they made a bad call.

Excellent game for the refs...

I loved that Seattle and New England were allowed to use their hands on defense. Yes, holding and hands to the face happened, but both teams benifited from the non-calls evenly. The refs called the game like an odd-school NFL match-up. Suprise, suprise.. it's one of the greatest Super Bowls of all time. Not a coincidence. The refs let the players decide the game for once.

was it helmet to helmet on the chancellor hit on edelman?

They weren't perfect (push off by Matthews on Arrington, Butler trip) but for the most part they were excellent, IMO. Let them play, which is how it should be. Champions, baby!!!!

No. They let WAAAAAAY too many things go on both sides and completely lost control of the game in its waning moments. Not a great day by the officials...

Plus, the curious weird wrong calls on a couple of downs and distances and the wrong players being called out for penalties on the PA system.

Last edited:
No. They let WAAAAAAY too many things go on both sides and completely lost control of the game in its waning moments. Not a great day by the officials...

Plus, the curious weird wrong calls on a couple of downs and distances and the wrong players being called out for penalties on the PA system.

I don't know if I blame them for the brawl at the end of the game. It is just the Seahawks showing they are poor losers.

It is funny though that when the refs keep their flags in their pockets, people think they did a great job. I think they may have let people get away with too much yesterday, but it is far better than the flag happy crews of the regular season.

It is funny though that when the refs keep their flags in their pockets, people think they did a great job. I think they may have let people get away with too much yesterday, but it is far better than the flag happy crews of the regular season.

Like Miss Cleo on payday, there's got to be a happy medium. I don't mind it when refs keep their flags in their pockets but yesterday they let too much go, IMO.

This is how the referees should be, not being the topic of controversy in a very tight game like this. As usual they swallowed the whistle and let them play.

Yeah for the most part the left the whistles in the pockets and let them play. Missed a few things against both sides (the Butler trip, Matthews push off) I also thought they missed the Roughing the kicker and a hit to the head on Brady but rather have it that way then a ton of flags.

Very true, I thought the refs let them play. They missed some calls, but overall just let them play. That's how football should be officiated.

They did a solid job, maybe missed a ticky tacky call here and there, but i would rather that they let it go. I didn't like the Browner call (because i'm a pats fan) and the hawks probably didn't like the lockette non-call trip. But good job this SB

Agree the refs were good BUT they also called holding on Browner.

He hardly did anything. Given the clutching on the other side, I thought it was awful.

was it helmet to helmet on the chancellor hit on edelman?

It was. Which is why I think the ticky-tack personal foul on the next play was a make-up call for missing the H2H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back