PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Proof Randy Moss want to be a Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the best part of that twitter page was the comments:

blakemitchell 1 day ago
Randy looks like a cool approachable monstrously tall human being in this photo.

kingotnw 2 days ago
What games did he buy?

:rofl:

Randy is a nerd? Who knew.

I didn't get that vibe from this thread at all, with exception to one or two people.

From this thread...I would agree. From this board in general and other thread...not so much.

Moss has replaced Bill Buckner as the most under-appreacted NE sports hero.

Ahhh I always enjoy hearing what others think of Moss.

For me Moss was what we could have hoped for, minus not brining home a Super Bowl. However it was proved that Moss could not adapt to the "Patriot Way" and he was shown the door. His skills have also greatly diminished, as evidenced by what happened after he was traded.

I'm thankful for Randy, and I like him and liked his time here as a player. But it's time to move on for good and leave Moss in the rear view mirror.

In this case it's a goes around comes around thing. I never thought Randy was a fit for this system. He eventually proved me right. Does that mean we never should have signed him? I don't know. Felger certainly though so, likened it to selling ones soul... On the field it appeared to work brilliantly for the better part of one season. A season for the ages that ended in disappointment. Kind of like Moss' overall tenure here. Year 2 I guess it worked on the field as well as could be expected given the circumstances. Thing is I could see it starting to fray around the edges even then, kinda had to pull that season out of Moss because his first instinct was to bail saddled with Cassel as his QB. Year 3 with Tommy battling back from his ACL surgery I would have hoped to see Randy really step it up. Instead Tommy spent most of that season imploring someone to push through whatever ailed him... Then of course it was year 4 and all he wanted to talk about was his shoulders that supposedly could carry the world and how he felt a little disrespected that the people who rescued him from the black hole didn't want to show him the money again. I think sometime between the sponsor's dinner fiasco and his week 1 presser they (Bob, Bill, Tommy and even the fans) began to appreciate what it must have felt like to be the agent who stuck by him his whole career, only to be canned in favor of someone willing to assure him he was a sponsors dream endorser...
Moss was a good Patriot. He lasted as long as his skills did. The fact that his skills diminished by 2010 doesn't detract from what he did from 2007-2010. If he stayed here and played out his contract and watched his production decrease down to that of a 5th WR here rather than in Minn and Tenn, we would have seen a good Patriot playing out the end of his career. Instead BB knew it before the Vikings did and got us a new player for the future.

Randy Moss was
at the Preakness today.

randymoss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call