Profootballtalk: WALKER WILL NEVER PLAY FOR PACKERS AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=3/28/2006&id=4066

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the stepfather of Packers receiver Javon Walker has "emphatically stated" that Walker will never play for the team again.

"I wish this could have worked out better but he's not coming back," Charles Goldsmith said. "He has so much animosity regarding Green Bay, it's ridiculous."

Wow, it sounds like things are really ugly between Walker and the Packers organization. They might have no choice but to trade him.
HOWEVER, they might pull a Parcells and decide not to let him shoot his way out of town. By the tone of the article it sounds like that's exactly what they are going to do.
Profootball talk says that the GM has refused to give Walker's agent permission to seek a trade.

Last edited:
DefenseRules said:
Well it will be interesting to see how this works out.

How is the bronco cap situation versus our 21MM? That may be a factor in determining who gets Walker.

Plus, his injury situation cannot be ignored.

fgssand said:
How is the bronco cap situation versus our 21MM? That may be a factor in determining who gets Walker.

Plus, his injury situation cannot be ignored.
Well, they were really happy campers when the new CBA gave them breathing room; however, they have two 1st round picks to work with. They can afford to spend a later round of they can get their two most important needs early.

John Clayton just reported the Packers are not putting him on the trading block.

BionicPatriot said:
John Clayton just reported the Packers are not putting him on the trading block.

I wonder if Clayton has his facts a tad mixed up? What I had read was that the Packers had refused to let Walker's agent seek a trade. That doesn't mean taht the Packers aren't going to trade Walker. It just means that Packers Management are going to send him where THEY want.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Walker hold out of Training Camp and then show up.

Last edited:
re

DaBruinz said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Walker hold out of Training Camp and then show up.

He did that last year and got hurt. He is not going to do that ever again.

He has gone on record saying he is willing to sit out the entire year and forfeit his entire salary instead of play for the Packers.

Who can blame him? His own QB stabbed him in the back, and he hates the management.

its been said before that they will hold on to Walker and not trade him at all. hes going to be a packer for another season playing or sitting

^^^^ If this is true, then the Packers are more inept than I thought (and I thought that they were stupid to begin with).

Why not trade a disgrunt and get something for him...instead of getting nothing.

DefenseRules said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=3/28/2006&id=4066

Wow, it sounds like things are really ugly between Walker and the Packers organization. They might have no choice but to trade him.
HOWEVER, they might pull a Parcells and decide not to let him shoot his way out of town. By the tone of the article it sounds like that's exactly what they are going to do.
Profootball talk says that the GM has refused to give Walker's agent permission to seek a trade.

How much you want to bet if they decide to pay him, he'll have a sudden change of heart? Funny how money does that.

In the news, I want out :mad: ,........and we won't let you out!!!! :D

Great stuff to generate interest in an injuried player.?

GB will let Walker walk but only on thier terms and to the highest bidder they can create. Good business, buy low sell high.

The injury is the key here. Who wants to take the risk, I know, medical release and all that. But who will pay the obvious big bucks for a definite maybe???

As I said before, if the "Price" :D (get it) is right I'd like to see him a Pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back