PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

Looks like Bill is copying McVay's offense. Lol

We're better off dumping Bill, his kids and trading a first for McVay.

Looks like Bill is copying McVay's offense. Lol

We're better off dumping Bill, his kids and trading a first for McVay.
Nah I still think BB is the best man for the job.

Nah I still think BB is the best man for the job.
Same, but the clock is ticking. This is now year 3 of the rebuild with 0 playoff wins to show for it. BB has been here for 22 seasons, with only 4 of them being without Brady. In 4 of those seasons, his team only reached the playoffs once, and was eliminated in the WC round. You could also make an argument that the 2001 season was on its way to being lost until Bledsoe got injured and forced him to play Brady. We all know what happened in 2002 WITH Brady. Had it not been for Mo Lewis, it’s not unreasonable to believe Bill would have been fired after ‘02.

What is going on with Tommy the K?

Out of Office
Brady steps away
Tom Brady missed Bucs practice Thursday with an excused absence and we then learned he won’t return until after the team’s second preseason game on Aug. 20. Brady is dealing with a “personal matter” and the timing of his leave was agreed upon before training camp, coach Todd Bowles said.

The plan was set up for Brady to make an appearance to work on team chemistry before stepping away. “It’s something he needs to handle,” Bowles added. “We trust him.”

Take a deep breath and try to name your favorite August Tom Brady start. Remember: Most of the good players aren’t playing right now. If you missed it, Aaron Rodgers said earlier this week he doesn’t see “any benefit to playing one series” in a preseason game. It’s fine.

Same, but the clock is ticking. This is now year 3 of the rebuild with 0 playoff wins to show for it. BB has been here for 22 seasons, with only 4 of them being without Brady. In 4 of those seasons, his team only reached the playoffs once, and was eliminated in the WC round. You could also make an argument that the 2001 season was on its way to being lost until Bledsoe got injured and forced him to play Brady. We all know what happened in 2002 WITH Brady. Had it not been for Mo Lewis, it’s not unreasonable to believe Bill would have been fired after ‘02.

Bill just needs a good QB...it doesn't have to be Brady. Put Rodgers, Manning, Mahomes, etc. on the Pats and Bill will do just fine. Other than Tom, Bill has had Bledsoe (at a point when his play was deteriorating), Cassel, Cam, and Mac. Other than the potential of Mac, that list doesn't exactly scream quality to you.

I'd say it's year 2. Hard for me to call 2020 a real rebuild year. They had no QB.

Agreed that the clock is ticking. No way Bill is ever fired, but I think the finish line is in view and he knows it. He is 70. I don't think it's a lock that he takes the wins records from Shula. Maybe the combined playoff and regular season one and that's it.

I think there's a decent chance the team has a new HC to kick off the 2024 season and hopefully the Patriots window is open to compete for a championship by then.

Last edited:
Bill just needs a good QB...it doesn't have to be Brady. Put Rodgers, Manning, Mahomes, etc. on the Pats and Bill will do just fine. Other than Tom, Bill has had Bledsoe (at a point when his play was deteriorating), Cassel, Cam, and Mac. Other than the potential of Mac, that list doesn't exactly scream quality to you.
Not so sure about that.

Because what made TB/BB marriage work for so long was the mixing of personalities that meshed well.

You really think Rodgers/Peyton would be able to deal with BBs coaching style?

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I have zero issue with Bill as HC but him hiring "yes" men like Patricia and Judge and his sons is determinantal to the team. At some point we need to have legit NFL coaches on the team.

Not so sure about that.

Because what made TB/BB marriage work for so long was the mixing of personalities that meshed well.

You really think Rodgers/Peyton would be able to deal with BBs coaching style?

Maybe not for 20 years, but Bill can certainly win SBs with those other QBs. I think Peyton respects Bill enough to deal with his coaching style.

Maybe not for 20 years, but Bill can certainly win SBs with those other QBs. I think Peyton respects Bill enough to deal with his coaching style.
For sure they'd would win I don't doubt that, but not 6 titles. Maybe 2-3 and they be sick of each other.

For sure they'd would win I don't doubt that, but not 6 titles. Maybe 2-3 and they be sick of each other.

If you give any HC a generational talent at QB they will win.

Bill would win at least 3-4 with Peyton, Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning, etc. I agree that they would not have gotten to 6.

And no, just because you have a generational QB, it does not mean the HC will win a SB. Marino and Jim Kelly are two great examples who couldn't win under HOF coaches.

And no, just because you have a generational QB, it does not mean the HC will win a SB. Marino and Jim Kelly are two great examples who couldn't win under HOF coaches.
Peyton Manning made Jim Caldwell a Super Bowl coach. Caldwell wasn't a great or even a good head coach.

Someone should have told Bill the genius about that. He chose Cant Newton over Tommy LomBrady.

He also got some fair talent with Linda but he had to break up her marriage to pull that off.

Peyton Manning made Jim Caldwell a Super Bowl coach. Caldwell wasn't a great or even a good head coach.

Super Bowl appearance is not the same as Super Bowl winner. This is further proof that a great QB can’t take any coach and turn him into a champion

I have zero issue with Bill as HC but him hiring "yes" men like Patricia and Judge and his sons is determinantal to the team. At some point we need to have legit NFL coaches on the team.
Hiring yes men is how Bill can get his kids taken care of when he retires.

Super Bowl appearance is not the same as Super Bowl winner. This is further proof that a great QB can’t take any coach and turn him into a champion
Ok then Barry Switzer. He was more successful than Caldwell was in college but he was not a great NFL coach.

Aikman along with the rest of Jimmy Johnson's team gave Switzer a SB championship.

So it can be done.

Ok then Barry Switzer. He was more successful than Caldwell was in college but he was not a great NFL coach.

Aikman along with the rest of Jimmy Johnson's team gave Switzer a SB championship.

So it can be done.

Ok, but AMFootball was saying that it was a guarantee for a generational QB to turn any HC into a winner...not true. There are instances when it's happened and there are instances when it hasn't. It's not all about the quarterback or HC in this game. Other pieces have to be in place.

Ok, but AMFootball was saying that it was a guarantee for a generational QB to turn any HC into a winner...not true. There are instances when it's happened and there are instances when it hasn't. It's not all about the quarterback or HC in this game. Other pieces have to be in place.
I don't see the word "guarantee" in there. Nothing is guaranteed.

But I think there's a much better chance for an average HC to win a Super Bowl with a generational talent at QB than the other way around. We saw what Bill did in 2020 with average QB play to put it mildly and it was way short of the Super Bowl.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back