PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score Contest, Week 2 NE @ JAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going with the same score as last week, Pats 24 and Jags 17. It's supposed to be really hot and humid on Sunday.

Go Patriots!

pats 23 - 20

Patriots 21
Fleabags 20

Pats 24
Jags 17

Patriots 28
Jaguars 24

Pats 20
Jags 17

pats 34

jags 10

Our D will shine. The loss of Lee is bad for them in this one.

Pats 26 jags 20

Patriots 28

Jaguars 23

Last edited:
Another week of chicken little syndrome. Yee of little faith.

Patriots 23
Jax 13

Patriots 20
Jacksonville 13

Patriots 23 jags 16

Another week of chicken little syndrome. Yee of little faith.
Chicken little would be predicting a loss to the Bills or Browns. This is a team NE barely got by when it was a must win, in NE. Now it’s in their house and NE is without any move-the-chains WR against a D that caused problems last winter.

Chicken little would be predicting a loss to the Bills or Browns. This is a team NE barely got by when it was a must win, in NE. Now it’s in their house and NE is without any move-the-chains WR against a D that caused problems last winter.

That was last season. NE's defense looks improved. NE has TB and they have Bortles. It's a complimentary game and I think NE's Defense will cause problems for Bortles leading to either multiple 3 and outs giving TB more opportunities to score or turnovers giving TB more opportunities to score or both giving TB more opportunities to score.

Pats 19
Jags 13

Only on this board can “barely win” be used as “gonna lose”.
But given your “insight” to last weeks game
If the OL has some brainfarts and Brady gets stripsacked a couple of times I could see Houston winning by a large amount because I don't expect NE's offense to score much more than Houston's offense (mainly because of NE's defense) and because when you're behind by a couple of scores late in a game you have to make more chances which, if they don't pan out, will lead to more points by the opponent.
and your 10-6 prediction your lack of confidence is encouraging.

Pats O is worse than last year but Jacksonville’s D didn’t exactly look all-World last week. Giants had trouble in the red zone, where their OL collapsed. They have Beckham and Barkley and not much else, especially on their OL, which is much worse than the the Pats OL.

Pats O is worse than last year but Jacksonville’s D didn’t exactly look all-World last week. Giants had trouble in the red zone, where their OL collapsed. They have Beckham and Barkley and not much else, especially on their OL, which is much worse than the the Pats OL.
I dunno about that yet. They put up almost 400 yards of offense and 27 points against a pretty damned good front 7 last week.

It might end up being true, but I wouldn't definitively say it's worse, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back