PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score CONTEST, Week 17 NYJ @ NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamo

praedica numerum!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Post your predictions here for Week 17, New York Jets at New England Patriots.

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest. Stakes are bragging rights.

Each week I will tabulate and post the scores for the previous week's contest, as well as the cumulative season standings for those who have played every week. As a one-time allowance for computer problems, forgetfulness, or whatever, one week can be missed and will be assigned that week's average score.

Scoring:
Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION. For example, if you predict Patriots 27 Jets 17 your score is how many points off of 27 the Pats are (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 17 the Jets are (over or under again does not matter). Game winner does not matter. Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff. Predictions made in other threads don't count unless they were clearly meant for this contest. Don't depend on "if this then this score, if that then this other score". Please keep this thread to predictions only, no back-and-forth discussion of the game. A short comment about your pick is OK.

Good luck!

NEP 37
NYJ 17

Thanks, alamo!

Pats 30
Jets 16

27-10 Pats

Pats 34
Jetes 17

easy game

they are ready to go home.....just have to give them a reason to quit

31-10 Patriots

woot woot

Pats 34
Jets 14

I'm thinking that both teams may favor running the ball a bit more than passing, in order to keep the clock moving and shorten the game.

Some Jets defensive guys may be motivated to ball-out, especially if the Jets sub-in a lot of ST/reserve players who don't usually get many snaps - in order to see what they can do (early eval for next season).

The Jets offense may run Powell and McGuire a lot, so the Pats run defense may be tested in terms of quantity, if not quality (though Powell is no slouch). Petty, then, should be able to take a few PA shots.

I don't think the Jets will score much, though.

On offense, I really do think that the Pats may run Bolden quite a bit, possibly giving him the majority of the carries. When passing, I'm hoping that both Brady and Hoyer (but especially Brady) target Britt, Dorsett, Allen, and Hollister a bit more than usual (and MM, if he's activated). I'm expecting Hogan to be inactive, one way or another.

Also, as long as the game is "in-hand", I think Hoyer may play the second half.

On defense, I think we may see guys like JJ, Bademosi, Richards, Harris, Grigsby, etc., get more than their usual number of snaps, especially late in the game. And Harrison, of course.

I'm guessing it's a fairly low-scoring game. Given my score prediction success, that probably means that the Pats will put up a 50-burger.

Nevertheless, I'm going with ...

Patriots - 24 (up two TDs early and totally in control)
Jets - 13 (2 FG + a garbage-time TD)

38-12 Pats

Patriots 25
Jets 13

NE 23
Jets 16

Pats 34
Jets 12

24-17 Pats

Pats 27
Ny Titans 16

Patriots: 38

Jetes: 17

World Champs 31, Jests 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back