PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score Contest, AFC Championship NE @ KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first "hawt take" thought was Chiefs feast on us at home, 42-24 or something. Then I thought hold on, what's stopping the Pats from scoring on any given play, and I was like Pats 48-47. Then I was like, hold on, secondary really *does* look imposing, even against a Mahomes. They say you don't stop him you just slow him down, right? So now I'm like 48-42 Patriots. Then I think hold on, you never get what you're supposed to in a shoot out, so I figure 24-21 Pats. Then I think nah that's BS too.

I'm going Pats 42, Chiefs 38.

Or Chiefs 42, Pats 38.

Or a blowout, like 38-3. Or a close game where the cold weather keeps both teams feeling numb and that 24-21 thing happens. Or some other shlitz.

I have no GOSH darn idea. Final answer.

And that's why they play the games.... getting psyched... GO PATS

For those picking the Patriots, what x's & o's reasoning are you taking into account? Not just "Brady steps up in the postseason". What are the legitimate x's & o's reasons for choosing them to win?

I said Pats by 3 maybe even in OT.

In past years when it was all Bradys arm I probably would have said KC by 2 scores.

This team has a different identity and offense now, and that offense is clicking at the right time and it’s one that the Chiefs defense don’t match up well with. They rank last or close to last in average drive length allowed, plays per drive allowed and points per drive allowed. Pats have a really good chance at slowing this game down, flipping the script on what other teams have done to this one over the years.

In past years when it was all Bradys arm I probably would have said KC by 2 scores.

This team has a different identity and offense now, and that offense is clicking at the right time and it’s one that the Chiefs defense don’t match up well with. They rank last or close to last in average drive length allowed, plays per drive allowed and points per drive allowed. Pats have a really good chance at slowing this game down, flipping the script on what other teams have done to this one over the years.

Thank you. I thought that was a well thought out response. It makes sense too.

Reactions: sb1
Pats 41

Chiefs 31

They are clicking at the right time, at home. If they had a road game in there where they also looked great then I could completely buy into this narrative. Last road game we played we scored 10 points. This team has proven all year that they can't be trusted to win on the road. Now maybe you're right and they just have it all figured out and we will look the same on the road that we looked in our last few games or so at home.... But I have to see it to believe it. Playing well at home is really nothing new for this team. It's the road that's the issue. Just my two cents.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
They are clicking at the right time, at home. If they had a road game in there where they also looked great then I could completely buy into this narrative. Last road game we played we scored 10 points. This team has proven all year that they can't be trusted to win on the road. Now maybe you're right and they just have it all figured out and we will look the same on the road that we looked in our last few games or so at home.... But I have to see it to believe it. Playing well at home is really nothing new for this team. It's the road that's the issue. Just my two cents.

They certainly have a lot to prove on the road. But beating convincingly a tough team that was undefeated out of their city says a lot to me too. I just look at the matchup and this particular one is very in our favor. The offense was out of sync earlier in the season but things seem to be rolling now. Hopefully they can take this success on the road.

For those picking the Patriots, what x's & o's reasoning are you taking into account? Not just "Brady steps up in the postseason". What are the legitimate x's & o's reasons for choosing them to win?

Chiefs defense isn't that great which will allow the Pats to control the ball and frustrate Reid and Mahomes who both want to throw every down. Bill will pull the rope a dope and give them the run to prevent the big plays. If the Chiefs start selling out to stop the run Brady will play action. I took the Pats by 2 points. Would it surprise me if KC won? No. Would it shock me if KC won big? Yes. If the Pats turn the ball over or if they lose somebody on the OL all bets are off. A lot of struggles on the OL are what led to a lot of their issues earlier in the year. It's like Karas coming in for Neil in SB42. They're just not nearly as good as the starters. So that's my biggest fear.

What makes you so certain the Chiefs will win? I don't think there's anything to suggest this is going to be a certainty like you're saying.

easy......kareem hunt and his 431 yards and 4 TD's over 2 games are gone Hill didn't kill the Pats, Hunt did

couple that with a chiefs defense that could not force the pats to punt.....and a defense that is worse against the run now than it was earlier in the season.

add to that until something changes, the chiefs are a playoff doormat.....over 40 years, the Jets have had more playoff success

Chiefs defense isn't that great which will allow the Pats to control the ball and frustrate Reid and Mahomes who both want to throw every down. Bill will pull the rope a dope and give them the run to prevent the big plays. If the Chiefs start selling out to stop the run Brady will play action. I took the Pats by 2 points. Would it surprise me if KC won? No. Would it shock me if KC won big? Yes. If the Pats turn the ball over or if they lose somebody on the OL all bets are off. A lot of struggles on the OL are what led to a lot of their issues earlier in the year. It's like Karas coming in for Neil in SB42. They're just not nearly as good as the starters. So that's my biggest fear.

What makes you so certain the Chiefs will win? I don't think there's anything to suggest this is going to be a certainty like you're saying.

Thank you.

easy......kareem hunt and his 431 yards and 4 TD's over 2 games are gone Hill didn't kill the Pats, Hunt did

couple that with a chiefs defense that could not force the pats to punt.....and a defense that is worse against the run now than it was earlier in the season.

add to that until something changes, the chiefs are a playoff doormat.....over 40 years, the Jets have had more playoff success

Makes sense

You're either a jokester, a lousy prognosticator, or just a lost puppy.
You should have also included in your nice little narrative that you picked the Chargers to blow us out last week. Right amigo?

I did predict a Chargers blow out win last week. I was wrong.

Still, I don't see this defense keeping the Chiefs under 30 and I see our offense getting killed by the pass rush.

This thread is titled, "GUESS the score..." with emphasis on "GUESS". My guess is as good as anybody else's. Sorry that you hate my wild guesses (shrugs).

pats 34

chiefs 24

Actually nervous about this game and I wasn't concerned about the Chargers in the least.

X: Patriots D >>> Chiefs D
O: Chiefs O > Patriots O
=: Patriots >> Chiefs

Pats 30
Runners-up 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes