PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the AFCE records next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phlash

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Sure, its early, but this kind of stuff is always fun.

Patriots 13-3: Brady comes back to have a stellar season, throwing for 4500 yards and 35 TDs, with a young up-and-coming defense that ranks 5th overall in points allowed and 7th overall in yardage.

Buffalo Bills 11-5: This team starts off hot but stays hot, winning 5 of their last 7 games en-route to a playoff berth. Trent Edwards throws for 3500 yards and ends up with a 92 QB rating to end the season.

Miami Dolphins 7-9: After a stellar year previously, the Dolphins fall flat, going 2-4 in the division. Pennington has a solid year (3400 yards passing, 24 TDs, 14 INTs, 86 QB rating) but due to his increased number of turnover the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs in consecutive years.

The GANG GREEN 2-14: Brett Favre leaves, the offense hits a brick walls as far as the offensive line and running game goes, the defense plays soft and the team ends up 0-13 though the first 11 games, but wins 2 of their last 3 to at least salvage their record.

Pats: 15-1

Bills: 9-7

Phins: 6-10

Jets: 6-10

I don't care for the rest. All I want is 19-0 from the Patriots. Yes... I am greedy :D

Pats - 13-3...pretty much everyone will be back and healthy.

Bills - 7-9...**** Jauron's back? Nah! No way! Fugget about it! They may have their moments like another 4-0 start, or even a 4 game win streak sometime in the season, but that's IT.

Fins - 7-9...Tuna/Sparano have changed the culture of this team and they're moving in the right direction now, but they'll take a step back next year after overachieving this year.

Jets - 3-13...problems, problems, problems. Need we say more?

Patriots 12-4
Dolphins 9-7
Bills 6-10
Jets 3-13

Note - on paper we have a tough out of division schedule so all teams get knocked down a little for that.

Patriots: 16-0
Bills: 2-12-2
Dolphins: 2-12-2
Jets 0-16

13-3 Chargers miss playoffs.

Last edited:
Patriots 14-2
Bills 10-6
Dolphins 8-8
Jets 4-12

Patriots 12-4
Dolphins 9-7
Bills 6-10
Jets 3-13

Note - on paper we have a tough out of division schedule so all teams get knocked down a little for that.

hmm, lol, who do we play, i forgot

Pats- too early to predict
Bills - Too early to predict
Miami- too early to predict
Jets- 3-13 :D

The GANG GREEN 2-14: Brett Favre leaves, the offense hits a brick walls as far as the offensive line and running game goes, the defense plays soft and the team ends up 0-13 though the first 11 games, but wins 2 of their last 3 to at least salvage their record.

Wow... they must REALLY stink to lose more games than they've played, huh? :D

I'll say:

Pats: 13-3 (assuming Brady is a-ok)

Dolphins: 9-7

Bills: 9-7

Jets: 8-8

I don't predict a huge overall dropoff, but I don't see any team other than the Pats going to the playoffs from the AFCE.

Wow, I am kind of surprised with some of the confidence in the Bills in this thread. I don't see them as being much of a factor...

Pats - 12 - 4
Dolphind 10 - 6
Jets - 7 - 9
Bills 6 - 10

I don't care for the rest. All I want is 19-0 from the Patriots. Yes... I am greedy :D

that's what i'm hoping for too. no one is going to remember what happened last year if we can pull off 19-0 next year.

that's what i'm hoping for too. no one is going to remember what happened last year if we can pull off 19-0 next year.

I'll remember...

Haven't given much thought to the others yet, but I'd make two predictions for the Pats:

13-3 with a healthy Brady

11-5 with Cassel (you figure Matt, and the defense, takes another step forward - but the schedule is tougher.

Patriots 14-2

Jets- 9-7

Bills- 5-11

Fins 4-12

with brady back, the nfl finaly gets out of bizzaro world.

Patriots: 16-0
Bills: 2-12-2
Dolphins: 2-12-2
Jets 0-16

13-3 Chargers miss playoffs.

Much as I would love to see that, I don't know that it's even mathematically possible.

hmm, lol, who do we play, i forgot

Bills, LOLphins, JEST x2
AFC South: v. JAX, v. TEN, @HOU, @IND
NFC South: v. ATL, v. CAR, @NO, "@"TB (in London)
2nd-place AFC teams: v. BAL, @DEN

Bills, LOLphins, JEST x2
AFC South: v. JAX, v. TEN, @HOU, @IND
NFC South: v. ATL, v. CAR, @NO, "@"TB (in London)
2nd-place AFC teams: v. BAL, @DEN

Wow... that looks BRUTAL.

Pats 12 - 4 (6-0 Div)

Fins 10 - 6 (3-3 Div)

Bills 7 - 9 (2-4 Div)

Jets 4-12 (1-5 Div)

I'd like to add a sentimental pick

Browns 0-16

Much as I would love to see that, I don't know that it's even mathematically possible.

Thanks a lot. Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day fighting the urge to figure out if it is or not. My guess is no as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes